Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51
Results 1,501 to 1,521 of 1521

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Here’s her apology
    Attachment 622
    She makes some pretty damning accusations and then does a 180 the next day. Very odd.

Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    She makes some pretty damning accusations and then does a 180 the next day. Very odd.
    Not for her, no. She likely had a manic episode. Or a depressed one. She types first, thinks later. She needs to reverse that process.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reznovka View Post
    WTF did I just read? O.o
    These people need help...
    Metal Sludge is a message board for 50 year-old men who want to debate the best Cinderella album, Dokken vs. LA Guns, etc.

Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    there's another weird angle to this w/ Courtney Love... besides her being notoriously unstable and "terrifying" and prone to getting wasted by all reports... she shows up in that book, The Game by Neil Strauss (the same guy who co-wrote Manson and Motley Crue's auto-biographies).

In case anyone is unfamiliar with this book, it's about the author becoming involved in the Pick Up Artist (PUA) "community," which is basically a super sleazy group of pathetic incel dudes who trade tricks on how to brainwash women into having sex with them.

Anyway, it's been a long time since I read this really gross book, but for some reason, against all reports I've heard, he paints Courtney as this sweetheart who is fascinated with his crew of PUAs and loves hanging out with them. At the end of the book the author marries the bassist in Hole.

The point I'm meandering around is... I don't know... if ANY of that is true, Courtney Love seems to be someone who is delighted by fucked-up disgusting people, and not horribly offended by depraved behavior.
    Last edited by Jinsai; Yesterday at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I was away for 2 days and this happens and ends...good grief. I still stand by if someone does come out with a claim against TR i'll take it seriously, but to come out with such a heavy accusation and then within 24 hours revoke it just makes anyone with an actual claim less likely to come forward. People will just say "is this another CL story?" she's done nobody any favors...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Alrighty then, now that's all said and done with....

I'm surprised nothing has come out yet with the police investigations on Manson. Since all this started in January/early February?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    At the end of the book the author marries the bassist in Hole.
    Huh, Neil Strauss and Melissa Auf der Maur were married once? Or was it a different bassist? I never finished that book.

Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was the ending of that book... like "and then I learned something, and fell in love with the bassist in Hole."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If any actual abuse happened, I would certainly like to know about it, but Courtney Love may be the only person in music with less credibility than Manson. The fact that she seemed to backtrack so quickly doesn't help. Like, if you know something, don't make vague accusations (25 or 30 years after the fact, no less) - be specific about what you were witness to.

She claimed that other members of Hole would back her up. If they corroborated her version of events, I'd certainly listen. But so far, they haven't. I know Trent was heavily into drugs and alcohol in the 90's, so I'm under no illusion that he was a saint. Still, substance abuse doesn't necessarily translate into pedophilia, which seems to be what she's suggesting here.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ...there's no way someone at that level doesn't have a thundering "emergency!" notification before any of the people on a fan board hears about it....
    TR: "What do you think I keep you asshats around for?" /s

ETS may be one of the better sources for these sort of on-goings, who better? If some PR intern is tasked with doing it, I'd be surprised if NIN Spotting wasn't a regular resource for this sort of thing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Music media sites are finally changing their stories to reflect the "apology."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Remember Blaine? The author of wolf erotic novels who claimed that she and Reznor had been communicating after he read her books, and then she said he started somehow tracking her computer, and John Malm was in on it? And she was gonna go to the FBI?
    Dude, I was catfished before catfishing was even a sport. Let it go and move on. I certainly have.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    The comments about Courtney on a lot of the instagram music posts are really nasty - I mean I found this annoying but wouldn't say the things being said on the loudwire one for example!

Of course it just dredges up the 'you killed Kurt' crowd and most of them are women IMO so its not as simple as 'what do you except from misogynist incel men' which is how people usually pass it off!

I did find out another thing - Courtney was in Epstein's black book and actually circled as being a potential witness!

https://gawker.com/here-is-pedophile...e-b-1681383992

Mentioned
    471 Post(s)
    So now I guess there’s some thing happening with Billie Eilish where she’s being asked to respond about her boyfriend’s remarks that he made online about ten years ago... and maybe this has to do with being ten years older than her, and she’s 19... but this is lame. She doesn’t have to answer for shit he said online, and if he’s important enough to get your interest, bring it up with him, not his girlfriend. Fucking hate stuff like this

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So now I guess there’s some thing happening with Billie Eilish where she’s being asked to respond about her boyfriend’s remarks that he made online about ten years ago... and maybe this has to do with being ten years older than her, and she’s 19... but this is lame. She doesn’t have to answer for shit he said online, and if he’s important enough to get your interest, bring it up with him, not his girlfriend. Fucking hate stuff like this
    Social media again allowing this tiresome pile-on style discourse. I truly hate it and feel sorry for young people who grow up with it and don’t feel they can actually just abandon it

Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post

I did find out another thing - Courtney was in Epstein's black book and actually circled as being a potential witness!

https://gawker.com/here-is-pedophile...e-b-1681383992
    Did you read the rest of the black book for who ELSE is in there?

Read the rest of the story in your link as to why those names are circled as potential material witnesses. The whole thing was a money-making scam, for which the culprit went to prison and has since died. The circles were made by HIM.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...affidavit.html
    Last edited by allegro; Today at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Read the rest of the story in your link as to why those names are circled as potential material witnesses. The whole thing was a money-making scam, for which the culprit went to prison and has since died. The circles were made by HIM.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...affidavit.html
    Yes he tried to sell it but I didn’t think that meant the info was erroneous, it’s still the black book isn’t it?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Not at all surprised to see Ghislaine Maxwell and most of the Trump family in there, but wasn't expecting Steve Gottlieb!! Haha!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Huh, Neil Strauss and Melissa Auf der Maur were married once? Or was it a different bassist? I never finished that book.
    maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was the ending of that book... like "and then I learned something, and fell in love with the bassist in Hole."
    It was Lisa Leveridge, who was in a different Courtney Love band.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    He's been married once (wiki link)

I've started listening to his true crime podcasts and reconciling the Game guy with this iteration is kind messing with me but he's allowed to change for the better.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    ..........Cortney was in Epstein's black book and actually circled as being a potential witness!.......
    ahhhh, the sweet smell of near-certain perjury....