Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1687

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    a 'pause' huh. that's not the same as tossing him to the curb at all.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    a 'pause' huh. that's not the same as tossing him to the curb at all.
    Yeah, there's a lot of unhappy people asking for clarification.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Fourth Accuser Sues Marilyn Manson

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...hline-1191162/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Un-fucking-believable.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    lmao wtf

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Fucks sake...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Surprised. I thought he'd die in prison, tbh, as he should.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    As always, Popehat offers a [brief] explainer rooted in law, whether we like it or not (click thru for the multi-part thread):

Oh and that prosecutor?...

Last edited by cdm; 06-30-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME.

God this country's justice system is such a fucking utter joke. I hope that shit head gets Covid instantly and dies alone in his big empty mansion. I just really feel for all his victim's today, having to watch his ass get to walk free on some fucking loophole shit from 2005 or whenever the fuck. Dude has been in prison for how long now, is GUILTY of it, so who fucking cares about the deal. Should have died in that cell, honestly. This is fucking insane.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Lots of sexual abusers in the news today!

Allison Mack, Former NXIVM Leader, Sentenced to Three Years in Prison

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...tence-1190686/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Regarding the Mr. Kitty situation, here's the record label's full and final statement on the matter. It really surprised me with how far it goes.

"Official Announcement:

As we continue to evaluate information involving the actions of Mr.Kitty, we would like to send a clear message, WE DO NOT SUPPORT THE ACTIONS TAKEN BY MR.KITTY. Starting immediately, NGP will discontinue all sales of Mr.Kitty’s albums. We are focused on supporting those who have been harmed including Mr.Kitty’s estranged husband Isaac Ross LeMaire. Moving forward Isaac has been given all rights to Mr.Kitty’s streaming sales to help rebuild his own life. Negative Gain and Isaac have also come together to make a significant donation to the following organizations: RAINN and HRC"

https://www.facebook.com/NegativeGai...93710537338701

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

best sub-tweet.

side question: what happened to that guy? he was The Smarmy Guy for so long.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    ARE YOU FUCKING SHITTING ME.

God this country's justice system is such a fucking utter joke. I hope that shit head gets Covid instantly and dies alone in his big empty mansion. I just really feel for all his victim's today, having to watch his ass get to walk free on some fucking loophole shit from 2005 or whenever the fuck. Dude has been in prison for how long now, is GUILTY of it, so who fucking cares about the deal. Should have died in that cell, honestly. This is fucking insane.
    It’s a technicality that the prosecution should have seen coming.

Here’s what happened, in simple terms:

Andrea Constand sued Bill Cosby in civil court in 2005.

Constand also filed a criminal complaint, and an investigation was conducted, but police found insufficient evidence and the case was closed (the prosecutor declined to pursue the case).

During the civil proceedings, depositions were taken and in order for the case to move forward, Cosby had to either waive his 5th amendment right to self-incrimination or get a “no prosecution agreement” wherein the plaintiff in the civil case agrees that she will not bring forth criminal charges against him. Because he’s about to be under oath in a deposition. So they did the no prosecution agreement. And Constand settled for over $3.8 million.

But, in like 2018, a NEW prosecutor came in. Constand’s team got the deposition transcripts unsealed (long story) and the new prosecutor said he thought there WAS sufficient evidence so he filed charges against Cosby.

But the only reason those dep transcripts exist is because Cosby agreed to a dep because of a no prosecution agreement.

The guy spent over two years in prison, he paid nearly $4 million to Constand, his career is ruined, he has terrible health. Justice was served. A jury of his peers found him guilty. Dying in prison isn’t necessary for punitive measures in this case. Sure, there will be Cosby apologists and supporters. He was already bound to get out early based on behavior and his health. But he was not exonerated.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-30-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    exactly.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer assaulted some girl. If you know anything about baseball, you know Bauer is the biggest scumbag in the sport. His own teammates hate him. Hes really douchey and is like a walking/talking Ed Hardy commercial. This is no surprise at all

https://sports.yahoo.com/trevor-baue...225713636.html

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    ^^ ugh that's gross

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Bauer's camp will frame this as she was down for rough sex and he was just doing what she asked for. Reads to me like there was consensual light-rough sex and then he took it way beyond what she was comfortable with. They're going to suggest the fact she went back for a second encounter as proof she was into it and she's just trying to cash in...don't fall for that shit.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    In one of the reports they say the dude fractured her skull. I think he has thrown his last pitch in MLB.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Bauer's camp will frame this as she was down for rough sex and he was just doing what she asked for.
    The ole manson defense.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Bauer is scheduled to pitch on Sunday. We'll see how that plays out.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Bauer is scheduled to pitch on Sunday. We'll see how that plays out.
    Bauer placed on administrative leave.

Ugh, I've seen the most AWEFUL victim-blaming Twitter posts in this situation. Yech.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I need to bring this up because it's very fucking fucked.

The games industry as a whole is in the middle of a cluster fuck, brought about by monster abusing their power for DECEADS! Last few years has been focused on Ubisoft, who have done everything they can to ignore/do the bare minimum for their rampant sexual harassments, and most people have forgotten they even did it (which is what they wanted, make people forget) but this has been brought RIGHT BACK TO THE FRONT by what's happening at Activison/Blizzard!

The state of California have brought charges against AB because it's been so bad their a female employee committed suicide! Here is a snippet and fair warning please don't read the tweet if your triggered by sexual assault...

And remember, this isn't some tweet alleging this took place, this is an American state's documents presented to be seen by the courts, they clearly feel they have enough evidence to present this in a case...there is NO defending Activison on this one, AT ALL!

EDIT: Sorry if i'm coming across as very angry...but i am. This has been reported about in the industry FOR YEARS, but has been wildly waved away by "gamers" and a limp media not wanting to rock the boat, it took somebody to fucking KILL THEMSELEVES for someone to take action, i'm fucking livid!
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 07-22-2021 at 02:48 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Greek "actor" Petros Filippidis is in prison! After being a chicken-shit for months by stupidly going full-on "Streisand effect" on himself (by trying to silence any accusations of his crimes before the public even knew what he did, which obviously backfired), then denying the horrible sexual assault allegations against him by three women, running away from court and even his family and hometown, he finally confessed. This is a huge day for #MeTooGR!

https://www.naftemporiki.gr/story/1754449 (Article is in English for your convenience!)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    NY Attorney James released her report on Cuomo’s fuckshit today. The state Assembly is moving to impeach.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    later Cuomo.

perhaps now we can finally get The Rent Is Too Damn High guy in!!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Cuomo's taped response was some #NotTheOnion shit. Legit a slideshow playing behind him during one portion of him touching like everyone he ever met. Lol. Then some ACKSHUL VICTIMS stuff.

They can't get him out of there soon enough.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Fuck... Haven't been listening to them for over 10 years, but I've been on a non-stop binge these past two weeks reminiscing about how insane and great their early 2000 shows were and now this comes out...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    ugh what the fuck!