Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1687

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    And now James Iha is involved?!
    He is married to Warner's wife's sister.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Oh, gotcha. Didn't know that. Thanks!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

God twitter is all over the place on this one. Best I can tell is that he's still being charged but that there's a certain cabal of idiots who think/leaked that he shouldn't be charged. Never mind that he asked for a pardon for this so he knows he's in the doo-doo.

EDIT:

Last edited by allegate; 09-23-2022 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    DON'T watch This Place Rules on HBO.

Say it ain't so, Andrew Callaghan! Say it ain't so!

This one...fuuuuuuuuuuuck. I just can't. I've been checking for updates like every fucking hour for the past few days, and it's affecting my mental health as a day one fan.

He's made ONE little statement: the first accuser who accused him of basically asking her to fuck until she gave in, while they were both intoxicated (oh shit I'VE done that, I think. And it's GODDAMN sure been done to me). That one isn't a good look, and the behavior ain't too cool.
    It also came with a cavalcade of anonymous "my friend's sister said her cousin heard he was creepy" messages. (THOSE don't move the needle for me, tbh).
    So the first tiktok accusation...It isn't CRIMINAL, but such things are often a death sentence in the court of public opinion, unless you're in the business of being an asshole.
    And it's ESPECIALLY egregious if you're in the business of exposing the hypocrisy and creepiness of others.
    NOW. He said she wanted to be paid off, or she'd tell the tale and have other people talk shit. He apparently has receipts and that IS what happened... what she said would happen.
    That's the latest, I guess.
    Oh, and HBO cut ties with him.

But the second video? The one where the woman said he forcibly stuck his hand down her pants...and her hand down HIS pants?
    THAT'S full on sexual assault.
    And he goddamn sure hasn't addressed THAT shit, yet.
    This one hurts more than any other for me...ESPECIALLY if the SA bit is true... and it ain't looking good.

This man, along with Breaking Points, was here to fucking save journalism.
    I mean, it's crazy.
    In amongst the allegations were videos talking about how incredible he was, and that he'd changed the world and such, and that the media would never be the same.
    Unless he comes with like, the greatest response of all time and a full on fucking alibi for the assault issue, well...I'll never...I don't think I'll ever be watching anything he's attached to again.
    Even if he DOES, his newfound position on top of the fucking world, and meteoric rise...that shit is over.

And ohhhhhhh shit, I just turned on youtube and there's a new video accusation.
    I don't wanna watch it.

Edit: ok it's another "we were both drunk and he asked me too many times to suck him off, so I did."
    Yeah. Again, not a great look. I DON'T think such things arise to the level of SA, though, especially if you're 22.

I just...fuck...for my own goddamn peace of mind, I am PRAYING that the straight up SA, hand down the pants bit isn't true.

I'm usually first in line to shit on someone when these accusations come out.
    And I know I'm borderline making excuses for him, here.
    I guess I know what it feels like, now, when this shit hits WAY too close to home.
    I've consumed every bit of content this man has made, ASAP, and since he blew up on YouTube and podcasts and shit, there's more of a parasocial relationship than there would be with any actor or musician.

He's been like, the brightest light in one of the darkest times of my life, and...

GODDAMN. SAY IT AIN'T SO, ANDY! SAY IT AIN'T SO?!

Last edited by elevenism; 01-13-2023 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yeah I really want these accusations to be untrue considering what a great job he did with This Place Rules, but things are really not looking good for him, part. since the material he just put out & most likely would put out in the future appeals to the exact audience that really doesn't tolerate shit like this.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Yeah I really want these accusations to be untrue considering what a great job he did with This Place Rules, but things are really not looking good for him, part. since the material he just put out & most likely would put out in the future appeals to the exact audience that really doesn't tolerate shit like this.
    Word.

I mean, for real. I guess i'm behind the times.
    This cat is goddamn near 20 years younger than me.
    I've been mostly out of the game since the late 00's more or less.
    When i was young, the ladies ALWAYS said no at first, and the boys were taught to persist.

MY experiences with asking a girl one to many times, and vice versa...it WAS more of, well, a game.
    And i'm not just guessing, here.
    This shit has fucking traumatized ME, and caused me to look at my OWN past, and talk to MULTIPLE old friends with benefits from the late 90s/early '00s, and ask them about our freeky relationships. I wanted to make sure nobody saw ME in this light.
    They assured me that it WAS all for fun, basically...these women saying no when they actually DID want to fuck, but wanted me to like, work for it? Idk.
    I knew all this THEN, and i double checked, and know it now.
    One lady in particular reminded me yesterday that we ACTUALLY played back and forth...she'd ask ME, and I'D say no, and make her talk ME into it.
    So in MY experience, it was never even "too many times." Rather, it was the precisely appropriate number of times, for me AND the other person.

But with Channel 5, this ain't that. THis is a little different, clear cut SA allegation aside, which brings me to THIS:
    Did you guys, especially who were born pre '81 or so, ever have a friend who tried to fuck every girl he met, where it was like, a dirty pattern?
    I certainly did.
    I laughed at these cats. Such a cat might still be my friend, but i'd make fun of him.
    The girls did, too, and some of them slapped the fuck out of this one cat in particular.

So, does pestering rise to the level of sexual assault? I would say, usually, NO.
    If we go out and get drinks, and go back to the house and drink some more, and you ask me if i wanna fuck four times over six hours, and i say yes on the fifth time, well...i don't think you've assaulted me.
    In SOME cases, it doesn't even rise to the level of PESTERING, BECAUSE...
    just as enthusiastic consent can be sexy as fuck (which it REALLY can), so can the little dance of people playing hard to get.

But here's the bottom line, and i think this speaks to your post, Solo: you can't have a meteoric rise, making content that exposes the hypocrisy of OTHERS, coming from an SJW position, with a history of talking women into fucking.
    THAT'S why he's fucked, pretty much no matter what.
    I can TOLERATE that. I think it's WEIRD, and i GODDAMN sure wouldn't do that...like i said, we used to laugh at cats like that.
    A founding member of my graff crew got slapped a LOT.

If Andy was part of the manosphere, these allegations would give him EXTRA clout.
    But Andy's job is exposing weirdos, coming from from a social justice perspective.
    And that job is over, i'm afraid.
    BUT, i STILL need him to fucking clear up the goddamn clear cut SA case for me.

Say it ain't so, Andy! Say it ain't so!
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-14-2023 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Crossed the line with Bobbie Solo is a homosexual jokes

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I really want to have a conversation about this issue.

Did you people not catch Channel 5, or All Gas No Breaks, or just the general ubiquity of Andrew Callaghan?
    More than likely, he's recently been on the podcast thing you watch.

@bobbie solo what worries me more than ANYTHING about the veracity of the SA allegations is the "Andrew needs time to reflect, so he can learn and grow and looks forward to having conversations regarding the important issues surrounding the the complex issues as they pertain to blah blah yam yam yam whatever the fuck" bit.

That's GENERALLY code for "fuck, i guess i sexually assaulted that one lady and she said something about it, so i hired a PR team for damage control."
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-14-2023 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @allegro what sucks is, you'd PERSONALLY fucking LOOOOOVE this dude, if you didn't know the allegations, which have been out for about four days, which is about 25% of the the time he's been The Future of Journalism for the left.

I DON'T think there was much of a fame/power dynamic going on throughout most of this...not much more than you'd get locally playing in a bar band, because it all happened so fucking fast.

But thank you for responding. I will hit you back on this, here...my hands fucking hurt.

Seriously, though. Thank you.
    I REALLY wanted to have a discussion about this, with multiple people.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...ns-1234661722/

ANDREW CALLAGHAN host of YouTube channels All Gas No Brakes and Channel5, and filmmaker behind HBO’s 2022 documentary This Place Rules — has apologized after being accused by multiple women of sexual misconduct.Callaghan began his four-and-a-half minute YouTube clip stressing that he wants to be “fully accountable” and “transparent,” and thanks “every single person who’s came out in the past week to speak about different ways in which my behavior has made them feel uncomfortable or pressured during a sexual situation and to people who said that I’ve made unwanted advances.”
    In an exclusive Rolling Stone report earlier this week, a woman known by the pseudonym Charlotte said she matched with Callaghan on Tinder in 2016 — before his recent fame — and claimed he did not acquiesce when she said “no” to sexual acts. “He wasn’t taking a simple no for an answer, and consequently, it turned into me trying to make up an array of excuses as to why I didn’t want to have sex,” she told Rolling Stone.
    Callaghan apologized for his recent “silence,” saying he was in a “state of denial and shock,” and is now coming to grips with this being “about the people that I’ve affected.” He added that he wanted “to express my complete sympathy, respect, and support for anyone who I’ve done wrong by and I really want to do better and be fully accountable for everything that I’ve done.”
    Still, he refuted recent claims of sexual misconduct. “I’ve always taken no for an answer, as far as consent,” he states in the video. “I’ve never overstepped that line. But you know, I think I want to have a more nuanced and important conversation about power dynamics, pressure, and coercion.”
    Charlotte said that eventually Callaghan got the message, and the two never spoke again. But other women alleged similar incidences with Callaghan as his star rose. As Rolling Stone previously reported, Dana, who goes by the handle @moldy.freckle, alleged in a video that Callaghan had touched her inner thigh, kissed her neck, and attempted to put his hand down her pants while she was giving him a ride home. “I told him to stop. I told him to get off of me multiple times,” she says in the video. “He tried to put my hand down his pants and I was fighting against him during this, telling him to please stop.” Eventually, she says, Callaghan left her car.
    A TikTok creator who goes by the name Caroline Elise claimed she had an encounter with Callaghan in March 2021, after having previously met him while he was with another woman at a bar, which made Caroline believe their meetup would not be romantic. She said when he tried to kiss her, she turned him down. Later, he badgered her for sex, and even though she says she said, “No, I’m not feeling it” to him, she eventually relented and said she was coerced into various sexual acts.
    In Callaghan’s clip, he addresses how he was coming from a different perspective. “I think for a long time, I was behaving in a way that I actually thought was normal. I thought that, you know, going home from the bar alone made you a loser. I thought that persistence was a form of flattery. And I thought that you know, if at first somebody was reluctant, you know, they’re playing hard to get just try harder,” he said. “And if you think someone’s feeling you, you know, make a physical advance and see if they go with it.
    “And I think that especially I realized when so many young people, especially young men rushed to defend me when this stuff first started coming out that this type of sex pest behavior is normalized. And a lot of people think this stuff is normal,” he continued. “And I don’t think that it is and I think that I want to be fully responsible for not having a fluid understanding of consent. And what enthusiastic two-way consent looks like.”
    “That being said, a lot of the things that have been said online about me are not true. A lot of things are missing really important contextual information that I think would change people’s interpretation of a lot of these situations,” he added. “But I’m not here to invalidate anybody’s lived experience. If you feel pressured. You know, that’s just what it is. I hope that young people and young men in particular can use my mistakes to learn and move through life with a better understanding of consent.”
    Callaghan goes on to say he’s unsure what’s next, but that he plans to explore therapy and Alcoholics Anonymous because “I truly believe that alcohol was a contributing factor to my poor decision making,” he says. “And I think alcohol in general, has had a devastating impact on my life.” He also extended his apology to his friends, family, and collaborators.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    1) I feel like as apologies/reactions go, that is one of the better ones I've seen...
    2) The Justin Roiland stuff just gets worse with leaked messages with minors. Yeuch.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @allegro
    Yes, it was a damn fine statement. And I kind of expected that this was the case: the "not fully understanding" that his behavior was creepy.

But there's ONE big ass problem: ONE of the MAIN, not to mention EARLIEST, allegations, is a claim of Andrew sticking his hand down a lady's pants, and then, forcefully sticking HER hand down HIS pants, while she was giving him a ride home from a dinner, with the POINT of the dinner being a discussion of how SHE felt about their previous encounters.
    THIS is my MAIN issue, here.

And notice that ANY mention of THIS allegation is conspicuously absent. Are we to believe that THIS is part of the "stuff that isn't true?"

If the SINGLE roughest allegation, which is SA in ANY state, is a lie, well...why doesn't he say "@Moldyfreckle, (who made a video and totally broke her anonymity), who brought forth THE most damning allegations against me, is LYING."

I'm honestly not mad at him for mentioning people "saying things about him that aren't true," because HUNDREDS of "my friend's girlfriend's cousin heard that..." and "we didn't go to the same HS in Seattle, but this one time, Jimś said..." accusations have popping up. And I feel certain that much of this ISN'T true: it could be misplaced support for the womyn coming forward, or even people who just don't like the dude. I mean, this goofy looking fucker ain't Wilt Chamberlain.

But I REALLY need to hear him address the moldyfreckle (can't think of her real name but she gave it) situation.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    But @allegroI feel like he's specifically NOT addressing anything LIKE the worst allegation.

At the risk of sounding like a know it all, (and trust me, i wish i didn't know ANY of this), i've seen ALL the fucking allegations. I've watched hours and hours of low rent amateur SA experts jumping on youtube, analyzing every little bit of EVERYTHING, many of whom are only doing it to make five or six bucks off of pain. I read the whole allegation megathread on the Channel 5 subreddit until they deleted it.

The first allegation involved the blackmail bit, and the fact that he told HER to piss off, causes me to 100% believe that he didn't think he'd done anything wrong.

Shortly thereafter came the second big allegation, and it's like 4 videos of a woman describing NOT a "nature of consent" issue.
    This is a "I was driving and he reached over and stuck his hands down my pants; I screamed no, fuck you, then he grabbed MY hand and stuck it down HIS pants, and I told him to get out of my car and he wouldn't."
    This situation involves a woman trying to FIGHT my man OFF of her.

Also, his hair is goofy :P

Idk. For me, all of these issues but ONE deal with not understanding the nature of consent.
    Don't get me wrong. I LOVE this cat. I've watched every piece of content he's created. I discovered All Gas, No Breaks and watched every video in one day.
    Then I heard that he had a new channel, and watched every video as it was released, looking forward to each new video drop, as did millions of others.

I guess you're right.
    I mean, I guess this statement would be kind of fucked up if he said "I give my complete support, sympathy and respect to everyone I've done wrong by...EXCEPT that one lady: SHE'S fucking lying. Anyway, I hope to learn and grow by..."

Yes, this is a great statement: one of the best I've heard by any man in a situation like this. It's just that it seems to focus on one TYPE of thing, and the BIG bombshell was like, NOT about the nature of consent in the least.

If @bobbie solooffered me a ride, and then I randomly stuck my hand down his pants, and he was like "OH, FUCK! OH GOD, STOP!," and then I was like, "hmmm...ok," and forced HIS hand down MY pants, and he said "FUCK YOU, ELEVEN, GET OUT OF MY CAR! YAAAAAH," and I basically said "make me," well...that's not a misunderstanding of consent. THAT is skraight up 2 counts of SA.

I get it. This isn't about me.
    BUT, it's because I love Mr. Andrew Callaghan so much, that I want to be able to think he's still a good dude who needs to learn about consent, and NOT the type of guy who would knowingly, blatantly do something EXTREMELY fucked up.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This is a little old sorry; but wanted to commend my alma mater for their handling of this. I think a lot of schools faced with firing a winning head coach would use the victim asking to drop the charges and lack of a conviction to justify keeping them on staff. Texas suspended him the next day and (I'm sure after their own investigation) fired him a few weeks later. A head coach steps foot in your living room and tries to convince you they'll be there to help continue your kid's growth as an athlete, student, and a person. A person filling that role simply cannot have (or cannot have light shed upon) the traits listed in that police report.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/01...rd-basketball/

Arrest Report
    Last edited by ekrekel; 01-18-2023 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    This is a little old sorry; but wanted to commend my alma mater for their handling of this. I think a lot of schools faced with firing a winning head coach would use the victim asking to drop the charges and lack of a conviction to justify keeping them on staff. Texas suspended him the next day and (I'm sure after their own investigation) fired him a few weeks later. A head coach steps foot in your living room and tries to convince you they'll be there to help continue your kid's growth as an athlete, student, and a person. A person filling that role simply cannot have (or cannot have light shed upon) the traits listed in that police report.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/01...rd-basketball/

Arrest Report
    It is shocking that they did the right thing, considering the cesspool that is big time college athletics, especially in the state of Texas. Lucky for the Horns that Beard hired a guy who was head coach at UTEP for a long time to be his associate head coach, as he has adapted to moving over one seat quite nicely so far since Beard was arrested. He's managed a team going through a pretty rare way to lose your coach well, as well as kept a locker room of multiple 5 star recruits, transfers & guys with pro aspirations together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    McMinn County private school principal, secretary charged in sex with minors case

Huh, nary a drag queen in sight. Also, it appears something is missing from the headline? Maybe?

Kennedy was the Liberty Christian Academy's principal and Branham was the school's secretary and home school coordinator, according to McMinn County Sheriff Joe Guy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well, this’ll be interesting…

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Jesus Christ, just cancel the fucking show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The accusations put the unnecessary sexual weirdness in the show in a whole new perspective.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    They should just pump the money they're planning for new seasons into another show like Smiling Friends, or just bring back Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I get it, Rick & Morty is their cash cow, but do shows like this need to go on for 10 seasons?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Jesus Christ, just cancel the fucking show.
    I hate to agree with you considering how much I've enjoyed this show over the years, but since he voiced BOTH of the titular characters, I'm inclined to agree. Are they planning to have some voice actor(s) do their best impersonations of Rick and Morty? It seems like it's just going to go downhill until it's inevitably cancelled. This is so depressing...

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Are Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd available?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Are Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd available?
    I saw someone on Reddit make the same suggestion last night. That would be kind of funny if they did that and had them make a comment about having a cold or something and then it was just never mentioned or acknowledged again. Still, I think this forthcoming season should be the last. It just won't be the same without Justin voicing the characters.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I looked that story up and, my god that woman’s life was tragic. I don’t understand how it can be legally possible to gain guardianship of a teenager as a rock star who clearly doesn’t have their best interests at heart