Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1687

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He isn’t anywhere close to decent but Brian is so very much worse; far more vile.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    He’s trying to have his cake and eat it too, this would be the kicker for his fanbase, him turning to Christianity. He can’t very well say he’s not in case Kanye dumps him!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Jeffrey Dahmer tried the same trick when he landed in prison.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    He should put his money where his mouth is and make a born again evangelical record.
    Last edited by stankeybearlover; 11-11-2021 at 10:12 AM. Reason: spulleng

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Jeffrey Dahmer tried the same trick when he landed in prison.
    A LOT of people "find Jesus" in lock up, especially if their whole shit is UTTERLY hopeless, like Dahmer. I've seen it, a LOT.
    you have people waiting for court, facing football numbers, wanting "god on their side" when they sign for a sentence or go to trial, or people who already caught a long sentence and are just waiting to catch the chain bus.
    They're SCARED. They're seeking comfort or an advantage.
    But Manson? What in the fuck good would "converting to Christianity" do for him? I mean, wouldn't it alienate a whole metric fuckton of his fans? And as for the ultra religious conservatives who are genuinely frightened of him, THEY aren't changing their minds. I mean, I'm sorry, but FUCK. I just DON'T SEE IT.

UNLESS...he's doing it in anticipation of jury trial(s?)

Otherwise/most likely, he just wants to be in the news for a DIFFERENT reason. he also wanna do weird, secret society looking shit with Kanye West, probably.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-12-2021 at 02:11 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Dahmer was top level psychopath for sure. But I also don't think he was doing the whole Christian thing for sympathy or anything. Dude was pretty honest about the shit he did and even said they probably shouldn't ever let him out because he couldn't say for sure he wouldn't kill again. I think his whole family was nuts. But the creation vs evolution shit that is addressed here is hilarious to me because he sounds exactly like 100s of people I grew up with. Simple minded Christian talking points coming from one of the nuttiest serial killers that ever lived is my kind of dark comedy.

But yeah, Manson is in this for attention and trying to hold on to any part of a career he can. It's lose lose for him though. Christians don't give a fuck about him and whatever is left of his fans see through that shit. His only real option is to ride the attention wave and then try and fuck over Kanye in some way at the end of it all, create controversy with that, and try and ride one more wave from the aftermath. Its sad really.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    One of the ironies of the whole Manson thing and whether he can get fully cancelled, is this guy who’s full of individualistic attitudes and opinions can’t do a fucking thing musically on his own. Could he even do a sit down with acoustic guitar performance? Manson even when touring has to rely on touring partners although I personally think he was invited on the Ozzy tour because he sucks so bad he makes Ozzy look good in comparison.

people mention MM going to jail but aren’t these court cases civil not criminal?
    Last edited by WorzelG; 11-12-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post

Dahmer was top level psychopath for sure. But I also don't think he was doing the whole Christian thing for sympathy or anything. Dude was pretty honest about the shit he did and even said they probably shouldn't ever let him out because he couldn't say for sure he wouldn't kill again.
    David Berkowitz is another of the few that converted to Christianity after incarceration that seems sincere. It's hard to tell if his religious beliefs turned him around in prison, or if it was getting on a serious medication/therapy routine that did it.

Regardless, it's my understanding that Berkowitz has been a model prisoner for decades now, and regularly refuses parole hearings because he believes he deserves his sentence. Last I heard, he doesn't even accept money for some of his writings that were published. Somebody (a former lawyer maybe?) tried to publish a book with old letters from David's, and David sued him and tried to get him to turn over the profits to the families of his victims.

Obviously it doesn't make up for his crimes. But while a lot of prisoners come to Jesus in the slammer in a disingenuous attempt to seem reformed, it really does work on some folks. For some prisoners, religion is the first time they've had consistent community, structure, meditation/prayer/self-reflection etc.

I don't believe that's the case with Manson. That would require some form of acknowledgment for his behavior, and there's a zero percent chance of that happening as long as he can afford legal counsel.

However, there is a certain kind of evangelical that would gobble that shit up. Namely, power-hungry churches with clout like Hillsong. Which Bieber is affiliated with. That den of vipers would never stop crowing about "saving" the antichrist superstar. Manson sitting in their pews would be their crowning achievement.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Those guys aren't interested in being good Christians. They're interested in getting as many eyes on them as possible. That's what narcissists do.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Christianity itself is never about being good Christians. It is ALWAYS about making yourself feel better over others needs. Growing up in the absolute dead middle of the country my entire life, I can literally count on one hand the amount of people I know who are Christian and are GENUINELY good people always trying to do the right thing. Everyone else has collectively been the most self serving judgmental pieces of shit, always out for their own, always making excuses for terrible behavior in the name of "redemption", blah fucking blah.

And then when shitty celebrities convert over, they are viewed as redeemed saints who aren't letting the "PC Left Mob" ruin G O D.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    this took me way too long to find while also skirting the use of a certain word in the search terms:
    Magician Penn Jillette tells the story of taking a date to hear a lecture by a fellow atheist. When the speaker finished his talk and opened the floor to questions, the person next to Jillette’s date asked, “Well if there’s no God, what’s to stop me from raping and killing everyone around me?” Jillette’s friend raised her hand and quipped, “May I change my seat?”

Jillette says he gets the “What’s-to-keep-you-from-raping-and-killing” question all the time from religious people. It is a ham-fisted challenge to atheism, and Jillette has no trouble crushing it with rhetorical roundhouses. For example: “My answer is: I do rape all I want,” he told an interviewer. “And the amount I want is zero. And I do murder all I want, and the amount I want is zero. The fact that these people think that if they didn’t have this person watching over them that they would go on killing, raping rampages is the most self-damning thing I can imagine. I don’t want to do that. Right now, without any god, I don’t want to jump across this table and strangle you. I have no desire to strangle you. I have no desire to…rape you. You know what I mean?”
    I'm not linking to where I finally found it because the guy tries to refute the statement from Penn and that's just foolish.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Kinda surprised no one has commented on that Rolling Stone article yet.... (posted above)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Kinda surprised no one has commented on that Rolling Stone article yet.... (posted above)
    There wasn't really anything new revealed in it (other than him & Skold working on music). I feel like I'd already heard pretty much everything else in other stories that have come out over the past 9 months.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Wretched.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    There wasn't really anything new revealed in it
    Fair enough.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    There wasn't really anything new revealed in it (other than him & Skold working on music). I feel like I'd already heard pretty much everything else in other stories that have come out over the past 9 months.
    I cannot grasp how his musicians can defend him. I get it that they won't talk dirt of their current employer, but if I were them, and was reached for comment for such an article, I would decline an interview.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    I cannot grasp how his musicians can defend him. I get it that they won't talk dirt of their current employer, but if I were them, and was reached for comment for such an article, I would decline an interview.
    It's possible they've signed shitty contracts. I remember Juan Alderete making social media posts about how proud and thankful he supposedly is for playing with Manson and for being on his last record. Only days after waking up from a coma! I can't imagine that happen without a considerable amount of coercion. I'm not in the mood to play internet detective, but the posts appear to be gone.

And then there's possible guilt by association and maybe a sense of implied complicity. Especially for those who've been long term collaborators. I know I wouldn't be answering shit about anything surrounding this without consulting both my lawyer and my publicist first. And they'd tell me to shut up until there's a trial.
    Last edited by stankeybearlover; 11-18-2021 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    It's possible they've signed shitty contracts. I remember Juan Alderete making social media posts about how proud and thankful he supposedly is for playing with Manson and for being on his last record. Only days after waking up from a coma! I can't imagine that happen without a considerable amount of coercion. I'm not in the mood to play internet detective, but the posts appear to be gone.

And then there's possible guilt by association and maybe a sense of implied complicity. Especially for those who've been long term collaborators. I know I wouldn't be answering shit about anything surrounding this without consulting both my lawyer and my publicist first. And they'd tell me to shut up until there's a trial.
    I agree on what you said, except that I'm 100% sure that Skold and Holliday actually are different cases that truly defend Manson instead of being coerced. Specially when both didn't made anything relevant after their departure from the band and Holliday himself was almost begging in public to rejoin them when Twiggy/Jeordie was fired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No prison time for man who pleaded guilty to rape and sexual assault of four teenage girls

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/21/us/ch...nce/index.html

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    What i hate is that it took them this long to do this, who knows what he might have dumped/got rid of in the time between the mounting allegations coming out and now.

Hope they find something to nail the bastard.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Also he's been nominated for a Grammy with Kanye West.

So, ummm...yeah.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

hmm, a lot of 'save the children' suspiciously silent today.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

hmm, a lot of 'save the children' suspiciously silent today.
    Didn't he already fess up to like, molesting his sisters, LAST decade?

I swear to god, if you want to find THE most fucked up people, look no further than your local religious fundamentalists.

Edit: ok, so let me get this straight- he admitted to molesting his sisters, and THEN was welcomed into the Church of Trump, and...THEN got caught with cp?
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-09-2021 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Just came here to post this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I've heard him on Doug Benson's show a couple times and he sounds like a right jackass that just happens to also say some funny things. Every time he was on the show it sounded like he and Doug were going to fight, never mind him and the other guests.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

wow, that was fast.

edit:

ah there it is.
    Last edited by allegate; 12-29-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

wow, that was fast.

edit:

ah there it is.
    I thought the black book had been scanned and revealed on this website? https://epsteinsblackbook.com/