Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51
Results 1,501 to 1,516 of 1516

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

  1. #1501
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,572
    Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    In this case, there is a way around it, with the “delayed discovery rule,” but the judge says the petitioner’s complaint lacks sufficient information to utilize that rule. The petitioner has 20 days to file a new complaint that addresses the judge’s concerns that were outlined.

  2. #1502
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,391
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    R. Kelly found guilty on all counts

  3. #1503
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,572
    Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    May he rot in prison forever


  4. #1504
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,274
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So i don't know if anyone's been following what's been happening in the UK (or as i like to call it now, Hell Island!) we have a number of really fucking shit issues, mostly showing how out of touch our government is with "the people".

    So last year sarah everard was raped and killed while walking home, it was later found it was a police officer. During the whole trail the gov/police handled it like you'd expect...terribly (arresting people at her vigil, covering for the officer, etc) now that he has been found guilty the official response from the Police/Gov is not to reform, but that if you think your being arrested by someone sus you should "run away and wave down a bus".... i'm NOT JOKING. Completely missing the point that Sarah was being arrested by an actual serving police officer. And what do you think will happen to anyone not white? They'll be charged with resisting arrest...i'm honestly gobsmacked by how fucking stupid are elected officials are, like Christ on a Bike things are fucked here and that's not even mentioning the fuel panic buying, empty shelves due to brexit, energy companies going under left and right due to teh cost of gas (Brexit again) and some might not have gas this winter and all the rest of the nonsense here!
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 10-01-2021 at 05:29 AM. Reason: I can't spell!

  5. #1505
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,572
    Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    That story is absolutely horrifying. He arrested her for “violating the Covid curfew” or some nonsense and she fully complied; he handcuffed her, drove her to a remote location, raped her, murdered her, then set her body on fire. And the police botched everything about it. The guy has been accused of indecent exposure a few times, before.

    How can any woman - or anyone - ever trust the police, again?

    We will not forget you, Sarah.

    Last edited by allegro; 10-02-2021 at 09:58 PM.

  6. #1506
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,274
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    That story is absolutely horrifying. He arrested her for “violating the Covid curfew” or some nonsense and she fully complied; he handcuffed her, drove her to a remote location, raped her, murdered her, then set her body on fire. And the police botched everything about it. The guy has been accused of indecent exposure a few times, before.

    How can any woman - or anyone - ever trust the police, again?
    He was known in the force as "The Rapist" ...AND NOBODY QUESTIONED IT! There has been NO attempt by the force to learn anything from this, that's how fucking rotten they are! I know it's different from what's happening in the states, but it is so fucking rancid, again with the list of other things broken here has me seriously considering leaving. If i can turn my drawing into a full time thing i could get out of here and live anywhere, i here Canada's nice...

  7. #1507
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,332
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    He was known in the force as "The Rapist" ...AND NOBODY QUESTIONED IT! There has been NO attempt by the force to learn anything from this, that's how fucking rotten they are! I know it's different from what's happening in the states, but it is so fucking rancid, again with the list of other things broken here has me seriously considering leaving. If i can turn my drawing into a full time thing i could get out of here and live anywhere, i here Canada's nice...

    Police (or military) by nature attract people who can turn out to be this. Being a policeman is a shitty job with a shitty pay but the government obviously needs them. They have no incentive to purge their policemen because if they were to send away 1/3 of their units and pay who knows how much for having a therapy session in every X weeks for all of them, they would just find themselves facing a different problem.

    As for leaving, I don't know how much better off you would be. Everyone thinks their country is one of the most corrupt shithole ever, but really, how many places are there where you wouldn't find some mindless orcs as policemen? If you ever find a country where all policemen have phd, then that country is already in anarchy, because a few dozen smart man will never be able to do the tasks which require much higher manpower. It's also not like in Britain you have news like this every single week, it's "just" an outlier which is the top of the iceberg. Most bad seed policemen are "just" lazy, corrupt or power-hungry, but not actual rapists and murderers. The US being an exception because of their gun culture.

  8. #1508
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,388
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Then, knowing that this job does tend to attract this sort of sociopath, we need better and more discerning people to handle the hiring and firing… because the job also does attract very empathetic people who want to do some good

  9. #1509
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,274
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Police (or military) by nature attract people who can turn out to be this. Being a policeman is a shitty job with a shitty pay but the government obviously needs them. They have no incentive to purge their policemen because if they were to send away 1/3 of their units and pay who knows how much for having a therapy session in every X weeks for all of them, they would just find themselves facing a different problem.

    As for leaving, I don't know how much better off you would be. Everyone thinks their country is one of the most corrupt shithole ever, but really, how many places are there where you wouldn't find some mindless orcs as policemen? If you ever find a country where all policemen have phd, then that country is already in anarchy, because a few dozen smart man will never be able to do the tasks which require much higher manpower. It's also not like in Britain you have news like this every single week, it's "just" an outlier which is the top of the iceberg. Most bad seed policemen are "just" lazy, corrupt or power-hungry, but not actual rapists and murderers. The US being an exception because of their gun culture.
    The issues with the force wasn't the reason i wanted to leave practically, it's the avalanche of other shit here. We currently have patrol stations closed because we can't get enough fuel, certain items are sold out and we can't restock (brexit causing the issues) certain fast food chains haven't had items (again brexit) the virus is STILL HERE but our PM said we were coming out of lockdown and many would die but we'll just have to deal with it...that's something he ACTAULLY SAID IN A PRESS ON NATIONAL TV! Energy companies are going bankrupt due to sky rocketing gas prices, and some people are at risk of not having gas this winter. The thing with the police is the very tip of an absolute cluster of a fucked country and that's just the bits from the last few weeks!

  10. #1510
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    588
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    This story really disturbed me too, something about the method of entrapment and coercion that video of her talking to him is so chilling, being basically kidnapped in a busy residential area with many cars passing by and other pedestrians, agreeing in this setting to putting on your killers handcuffs. It's just not how it normally works. Almost everyone would do what Sarah Everard did.
    Its definetly changed my attitude to how I view police in the future. I will never respond to a lone policeman the same again. Especially in a city like London with 15 million people with enough problems with the police force the scale of the damage and the problems facing the police force is huge.

  11. #1511
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,572
    Mentioned
    914 Post(s)
    @Exocet , I totally agree with you.

  12. #1512
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,274
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Reports now coming out someone on that rapist officers team has now been charged himself with a rape from last year...and you know what's fucked about it? They probably wouldn't have even charged the guy if the whole Sarah thing hadn't happened. I already had a low opioion of them thanks to seeing how they treat black folks in my area and how they acted when i went to football games, but this is beyond redeemable at this point.

  13. #1513
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    5,864
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    They should bring Sudekis back for an episode after that news came out from France:

    More than 200,000 children sexually abused by French Catholic clergy, damning report finds



    side note: The Catholic Church's Latest Scandal Is Really Strange - The Atlantic

    OK, that's wild.

  14. #1514
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    7,738
    Mentioned
    566 Post(s)
    Holy Jesus. Fuck sake.

    What CAUSES this awful shit? It it th chastity thing?

  15. #1515
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,596
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    What CAUSES this awful shit? Is it the chastity thing?
    I've always suspected that's the primary cause. It certainly isn't helping. In their attempt to suppress sexuality and sexual desires/urges, they often end up finding an outlet in secret with those around them who are most vulnerable, which is unfortunately the young boys & girls assisting them as altar servers. If their religion would just allow them to be married and have relationships (not limited to the opposite sex, either) like everyone else and not deny them such a basic & fundamental part of life, I think they'd see a sharp decline in this horrendous behavior. Instead, they just keeping covering it up and perpetuating this ugly and sinister cycle of abuse.

  16. #1516
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    5,096
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    The Jungian conception of Enantiodromia springs to mind.

Posting Permissions