Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1553

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

  1. #1441
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montréal, Québec
    Posts
    341
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Fuck... Haven't been listening to them for over 10 years, but I've been on a non-stop binge these past two weeks reminiscing about how insane and great their early 2000 shows were and now this comes out...

  2. #1442
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,441
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ugh what the fuck!

  3. #1443
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,524
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Cuomo just announced he will resign, effective in 14 days.

  4. #1444
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,441
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Wow, I'm surprised - I didn't think he would.

  5. #1445
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm gonna probably get faced palmed, but I don't care because this is a tough one to judge. Jimmy Urine is kind of an easy target for an accusation, whether true or false considering his actions on stage and lyrical content. I also hate to say it(weird thing to say but you know what I mean), but some of the examples of evidence, like the concert sign, the artwork of Tight and lyrics from Panty Shot are incredibly weak. The tour shirt one is a really good piece of evidence, and actually starts to convince me. But really, my opinion doesn't really matter about this. I just hope that if he did it, he pays for it. I feel bad for his wife and kids. More victims of this, as well as the main victim. It's all so confusing these days, emotionally, for everyone involved and for fans. I wish people would stop acting like everything is so cut and dry, so easy to accept.

  6. #1446
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    7,870
    Mentioned
    573 Post(s)
    @Frozen Beach , I'LL get faceplamed for THIS, but this is yet another "are you REALLY surprised" sort of thing, for me.

    I mean, yeah. Tight? Panty Shot?

    It reminds me of the last guy.

    Granted, the MSI accusations are a bit worse, imho.

    But, ultimately, it's just that some of these people aren't kidding.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-10-2021 at 03:39 PM.

  7. #1447
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,750
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I'm gonna probably get faced palmed, but I don't care because this is a tough one to judge. Jimmy Urine is kind of an easy target for an accusation, whether true or false considering his actions on stage and lyrical content. I also hate to say it(weird thing to say but you know what I mean), but some of the examples of evidence, like the concert sign, the artwork of Tight and lyrics from Panty Shot are incredibly weak. The tour shirt one is a really good piece of evidence, and actually starts to convince me. But really, my opinion doesn't really matter about this. I just hope that if he did it, he pays for it. I feel bad for his wife and kids. More victims of this, as well as the main victim. It's all so confusing these days, emotionally, for everyone involved and for fans. I wish people would stop acting like everything is so cut and dry, so easy to accept.
    I mean there's also the endless videos of Jimmy kissing 14 year old girls for dollars on youtube.

  8. #1448
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I mean there's also the endless videos of Jimmy kissing 14 year old girls for dollars on youtube.
    The only video I see is from Our Pain, Your Gain and in some parts, I see people holding IDs along with their money. It's pretty shitty quality on YouTube and the editing is terrible. I figured he only did it at 18+ shows.

  9. #1449
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,750
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    The only video I see is from Our Pain, Your Gain and in some parts, I see people holding IDs along with their money. It's pretty shitty quality on YouTube and the editing is terrible. I figured he only did it at 18+ shows.
    Not at the 4-5 shows I was at lol

  10. #1450
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't know then, I never went to a live show and only ever watched old live stuff, like that one CBGBs show where Jimmy drinks his piss and Steve Righ? Drinks it and spits it on the crowd. I never really looked at their later live stuff, felt like they tamed the act down since they started to attract a younger audience.

  11. #1451
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    3,079
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Jimmy Urine's was so UNsurprising to me that I actually thought he had gotten MeToo'd a couple of years ago. I hate to say it, but anyone who says theyre a fan of MSI and are surprised by this weren't really paying close enough attention. It's been soooo painfully obvious for such a loooong time that Jimmy was a fuckin creep.

  12. #1452
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,482
    Mentioned
    495 Post(s)
    I’m just glad there isn’t a confounding resurgence in popularity with MSI

  13. #1453
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Jimmy Urine's was so UNsurprising to me that I actually thought he had gotten MeToo'd a couple of years ago. I hate to say it, but anyone who says theyre a fan of MSI and are surprised by this weren't really paying close enough attention. It's been soooo painfully obvious for such a loooong time that Jimmy was a fuckin creep.
    It was still a surprise to me and others because we believed it to be persona he was putting on that went along with the edgy and satirical content of lyrics, much the same like Marilyn Manson. Outside of MSI, Jimmy seemed calm, collective and uncontroversial. I actually talked to him on the phone twice when I was younger, when him and Chantal would stream on stickam. It was basically two socially awkward dudes having a conversation.

  14. #1454
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    764
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Jimmy Urine is not surprising at all, I always knew that shit like "Panty Shot" was not ironic. Just look at the cover-art of "Tight" or whatever. I'm not surrpised at all. Always been an obvious creep

  15. #1455
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,721
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    All very weird - but then really, MSI is one of those things that seems weirder as you get older

    Like imagine being 35 and writing that "you'll rebel to anything" album

    Doesn't seem too odd when you're a teenager,.but as I reach that age myself, err... seems a bit protracted

    Been on a hell of a rabbit hole looking into all this - some interesting drama w/Jessicka, their bass player and general metoo issues. What a sordid bunch of people... so glad I was never in the music business

  16. #1456
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    Posts
    691
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I took photos of MSI when I was a teenager. I’m a guy but Jimmy wasn’t exactly shy about making physical contact with me when I was in the pit. Feeling extra creeped out by this news…

  17. #1457
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,935
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    When I have the time, I'll make a fan-edit of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 with all of his scenes removed.

  18. #1458
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,191
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

  19. #1459
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    770
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    He wasn't even in the US at that time.

  20. #1460
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,113
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This guy claims the Dylan thing isn’t true but you’d think lawyers would check dates and everything before actually filing a suit wouldn’t you?

    https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/08/1...he-wasnt-there

  21. #1461
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,441
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    One of my friends who is a huge Dylan nerd is also saying the same thing (that he was on tour in Europe at the time.)

  22. #1462
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,113
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This person has an incredibly detailed thread including newspaper accounts of his whereabouts during mar-June 1965


  23. #1463
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    5,974
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry that celebrity culture is no better or worse than it was back then.

  24. #1464
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    3,079
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Kanye is genuinely parading Marilyn Manson around on his stupid recreated "porch" during his live stream on Apple Music right now. Part of me is shocked, part of me is utterly disgusted, and part of me is furious that this is happening right now.

  25. #1465
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,740
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Would love to spit in both their faces, preferably when I had Covid last March.

  26. #1466
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So what will be the line-up for the next Donda audition? Epstein hologram and Ian Watkins?

  27. #1467
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    3,079
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Next listening event will be in Florida and he'll have Trump's fat ass hanging out on the porch.

  28. #1468
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,750
    Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Ye in shambles over Weinstein not being available.

  29. #1469
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,113
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Interesting commentary from Anthony Fantanto

    https://twitter.com/theneedledrop/st...662181377?s=20

  30. #1470
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,191
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Kanye is genuinely parading Marilyn Manson around on his stupid recreated "porch" during his live stream on Apple Music right now. Part of me is shocked, part of me is utterly disgusted, and part of me is furious that this is happening right now.

    Kanye is a creep. Manson is a creep. Dont be surprised when Creeps creep.

Posting Permissions