Page 49 of 57 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1687

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Cuomo just announced he will resign, effective in 14 days.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Wow, I'm surprised - I didn't think he would.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm gonna probably get faced palmed, but I don't care because this is a tough one to judge. Jimmy Urine is kind of an easy target for an accusation, whether true or false considering his actions on stage and lyrical content. I also hate to say it(weird thing to say but you know what I mean), but some of the examples of evidence, like the concert sign, the artwork of Tight and lyrics from Panty Shot are incredibly weak. The tour shirt one is a really good piece of evidence, and actually starts to convince me. But really, my opinion doesn't really matter about this. I just hope that if he did it, he pays for it. I feel bad for his wife and kids. More victims of this, as well as the main victim. It's all so confusing these days, emotionally, for everyone involved and for fans. I wish people would stop acting like everything is so cut and dry, so easy to accept.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @Frozen Beach , I'LL get faceplamed for THIS, but this is yet another "are you REALLY surprised" sort of thing, for me.

I mean, yeah. Tight? Panty Shot?

It reminds me of the last guy.

Granted, the MSI accusations are a bit worse, imho.

But, ultimately, it's just that some of these people aren't kidding.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-10-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I'm gonna probably get faced palmed, but I don't care because this is a tough one to judge. Jimmy Urine is kind of an easy target for an accusation, whether true or false considering his actions on stage and lyrical content. I also hate to say it(weird thing to say but you know what I mean), but some of the examples of evidence, like the concert sign, the artwork of Tight and lyrics from Panty Shot are incredibly weak. The tour shirt one is a really good piece of evidence, and actually starts to convince me. But really, my opinion doesn't really matter about this. I just hope that if he did it, he pays for it. I feel bad for his wife and kids. More victims of this, as well as the main victim. It's all so confusing these days, emotionally, for everyone involved and for fans. I wish people would stop acting like everything is so cut and dry, so easy to accept.
    I mean there's also the endless videos of Jimmy kissing 14 year old girls for dollars on youtube.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I mean there's also the endless videos of Jimmy kissing 14 year old girls for dollars on youtube.
    The only video I see is from Our Pain, Your Gain and in some parts, I see people holding IDs along with their money. It's pretty shitty quality on YouTube and the editing is terrible. I figured he only did it at 18+ shows.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    The only video I see is from Our Pain, Your Gain and in some parts, I see people holding IDs along with their money. It's pretty shitty quality on YouTube and the editing is terrible. I figured he only did it at 18+ shows.
    Not at the 4-5 shows I was at lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't know then, I never went to a live show and only ever watched old live stuff, like that one CBGBs show where Jimmy drinks his piss and Steve Righ? Drinks it and spits it on the crowd. I never really looked at their later live stuff, felt like they tamed the act down since they started to attract a younger audience.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Jimmy Urine's was so UNsurprising to me that I actually thought he had gotten MeToo'd a couple of years ago. I hate to say it, but anyone who says theyre a fan of MSI and are surprised by this weren't really paying close enough attention. It's been soooo painfully obvious for such a loooong time that Jimmy was a fuckin creep.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I’m just glad there isn’t a confounding resurgence in popularity with MSI

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Jimmy Urine's was so UNsurprising to me that I actually thought he had gotten MeToo'd a couple of years ago. I hate to say it, but anyone who says theyre a fan of MSI and are surprised by this weren't really paying close enough attention. It's been soooo painfully obvious for such a loooong time that Jimmy was a fuckin creep.
    It was still a surprise to me and others because we believed it to be persona he was putting on that went along with the edgy and satirical content of lyrics, much the same like Marilyn Manson. Outside of MSI, Jimmy seemed calm, collective and uncontroversial. I actually talked to him on the phone twice when I was younger, when him and Chantal would stream on stickam. It was basically two socially awkward dudes having a conversation.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Jimmy Urine is not surprising at all, I always knew that shit like "Panty Shot" was not ironic. Just look at the cover-art of "Tight" or whatever. I'm not surrpised at all. Always been an obvious creep

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    All very weird - but then really, MSI is one of those things that seems weirder as you get older

Like imagine being 35 and writing that "you'll rebel to anything" album

Doesn't seem too odd when you're a teenager,.but as I reach that age myself, err... seems a bit protracted

Been on a hell of a rabbit hole looking into all this - some interesting drama w/Jessicka, their bass player and general metoo issues. What a sordid bunch of people... so glad I was never in the music business

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I took photos of MSI when I was a teenager. I’m a guy but Jimmy wasn’t exactly shy about making physical contact with me when I was in the pit. Feeling extra creeped out by this news…

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    When I have the time, I'll make a fan-edit of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 with all of his scenes removed.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    He wasn't even in the US at that time.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This guy claims the Dylan thing isn’t true but you’d think lawyers would check dates and everything before actually filing a suit wouldn’t you?

https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/08/1...he-wasnt-there

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    One of my friends who is a huge Dylan nerd is also saying the same thing (that he was on tour in Europe at the time.)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This person has an incredibly detailed thread including newspaper accounts of his whereabouts during mar-June 1965

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry that celebrity culture is no better or worse than it was back then.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Kanye is genuinely parading Marilyn Manson around on his stupid recreated "porch" during his live stream on Apple Music right now. Part of me is shocked, part of me is utterly disgusted, and part of me is furious that this is happening right now.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Would love to spit in both their faces, preferably when I had Covid last March.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So what will be the line-up for the next Donda audition? Epstein hologram and Ian Watkins?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Next listening event will be in Florida and he'll have Trump's fat ass hanging out on the porch.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Ye in shambles over Weinstein not being available.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Interesting commentary from Anthony Fantanto

https://twitter.com/theneedledrop/st...662181377?s=20

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Kanye is genuinely parading Marilyn Manson around on his stupid recreated "porch" during his live stream on Apple Music right now. Part of me is shocked, part of me is utterly disgusted, and part of me is furious that this is happening right now.

Kanye is a creep. Manson is a creep. Dont be surprised when Creeps creep.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I keep going back and forth on whether Ye was going for a redemption theme with that shit. DaBaby, that shit will blow over in a couple months. Hell, he's already apologized, (albeit, likely in the name of damage control) profusely.

But the man you (should, now, legitimately) fear? All we've heard from him are well, everything BUT apologies/repentance for his cruelty and abuse. Is that gonna, like, change, soon? I doubt it.
    And We damn sure weren't the only ones pissed to see him up there. The backlash made it to traditional media outlets, ffs.

Furthermore, CHRIS "8 physical assaults on women" BROWN is featured on New Again.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-02-2021 at 09:06 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)