Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1503

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

  1. #1381
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,091
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    That is so many kinds of fucked up.

  2. #1382
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,701
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post


    this is abuse due to having sex, isn't it.

    What the flying shitbag of fucks?!

    This is a joke right?

  3. #1383
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    304
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post


    this is abuse due to having sex, isn't it.

    The only consolation is that the Governor of PA has said that he will veto it.

    Also, if this did go into law, it basically criminalizes miscarriages and assumes that everyone who has (or had) one somehow induced it.

  4. #1384
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,363
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    ehhhhhh, this one isn't registering too much for me. There's so much insane shit being thrown out right now about horrifying things he's done... to give this traction almost would serve to derail some of the incredibly disturbing allegations. OK, so a couple years ago, Marilyn Manson spit into a camera lens, and the operator is saying "I got some spit on me too?!" FFS... This is 100% rock-star-bs defensible.

  5. #1385
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,794
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    ehhhhhh, this one isn't registering too much for me. There's so much insane shit being thrown out right now about horrifying things he's done... to give this traction almost would serve to derail some of the incredibly disturbing allegations. OK, so a couple years ago, Marilyn Manson spit into a camera lens, and the operator is saying "I got some spit on me too?!" FFS... This is 100% rock-star-bs defensible.
    spitting on someone is assault. maybe if it was a fan and not someone just doing their job, id feel like you. but to me, this is just another example of his abusive behavior.

  6. #1386
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    spitting on someone is assault. maybe if it was a fan and not someone just doing their job, i’d feel like you. but to me, this is just another example of his abusive behavior.
    Not only that, but he also knew the camera operator was bothered by that and kept doing and laughing about it. It wasn't a "accident".

  7. #1387
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,363
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    Not only that, but he also knew the camera operator was bothered by that and kept doing and laughing about it. It wasn't a "accident".
    Eh, then yeah... I guess I thought that this was just him jumping in the face of the camera and doing something gross for a second, but yeah, that is in line with his bullshit I guess, and I don't know why I'm even playing hypothetical devil's advocate on his behalf. I saw him grind against the head of a security guard while he was basically wearing a g-string, so yeah... He's not a good person. I guess I just felt like, with the INSANE nature of a lot of these allegations (which I think are 100% true), this didn't seem to be on a similar level, so maybe it bothered me that this is what is getting an actual reaction from the legal process? But really, whatever it takes. The guy is a horrible person. I really wonder... I used to be really skeptical about some of the rumors I'd heard about him over the years. I'm not even sure why...

  8. #1388
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,518
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post


    this is abuse due to having sex, isn't it.
    Don't like, at least 1/3 of pregnancies end in a miscarriage? I remember it being a pretty significant percentage and the literature adding the caveat that it is likely substantially higher due to the amount that are lost in the early weeks.

  9. #1389
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Eh, then yeah... I guess I thought that this was just him jumping in the face of the camera and doing something gross for a second, but yeah, that is in line with his bullshit I guess, and I don't know why I'm even playing hypothetical devil's advocate on his behalf. I saw him grind against the head of a security guard while he was basically wearing a g-string, so yeah... He's not a good person. I guess I just felt like, with the INSANE nature of a lot of these allegations (which I think are 100% true), this didn't seem to be on a similar level, so maybe it bothered me that this is what is getting an actual reaction from the legal process? But really, whatever it takes. The guy is a horrible person. I really wonder... I used to be really skeptical about some of the rumors I'd heard about him over the years. I'm not even sure why...
    It's definitely not in a similar level compared to the abuse allegations, but this is getting an actual reaction because he was already notified about the legal process about this specific situation but neither him or his legal team answered. That's why this is public now. But yeah, articles are clickbaiting a lot as usual.

  10. #1390
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,363
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Don't like, at least 1/3 of pregnancies end in a miscarriage? I remember it being a pretty significant percentage and the literature adding the caveat that it is likely substantially higher due to the amount that are lost in the early weeks.
    Documented average is about 20% of the time, and yes it's probably higher due to a variety of factors, since even w/ these numbers, miscarriages generally occur with in the first three months after pregnancy.
    I'm just baffled by this, and I guess I'm going to look into the names of everyone involved in crafting this. Completely insane.

    EDIT: Seems the governor of PA has vowed to immediately veto any of these pro-life bills if they should eventually wind up on his desk. So, while that's a good thing, this is again all about optics, and you have to ask how viable this strategy is in a less purple-state. Would it be fair to presume that this movement is happening in PA, with the backers of these pro-life bills knowing it will hit a brick wall, but the hope is that it will "inspire people" in Mississippi or Tennessee to try the same thing, where it might not be ultimately shot down at sight? Then what?

    Honestly, the craziest of these bills is the one which would prohibit you from having an abortion if your child is found to have downs syndrome. WHO THE HELL WROTE THIS?! Are we going to find ourselves in some weird Twilight Zone reality where someone was going to be allowed to have a perfectly legal abortion, but now that it's found that her child has downs, she HAS to carry that special life to term? It's just weird. And then they're trying to prohibit people from leaving the state to get a medical procedure done in another state where the procedure is perfectly legal. Oh fuck you, you "thought of everything didn't you?" Hate these people.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-27-2021 at 03:35 PM.

  11. #1391
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    1,329
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    https://pitchfork.com/news/marilyn-m...n-new-lawsuit/

    Another day, another new rape case against ol Brian. This dude is the R Kelly of metal

  12. #1392
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,701
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    https://pitchfork.com/news/marilyn-m...n-new-lawsuit/

    Another day, another new rape case against ol Brian. This dude is the R Kelly of metal
    As soon as I saw this thread bumped and your name being the bumpee, I knew it would be about MM, lol.

  13. #1393
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,363
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Holy shit I'm so tired of trying to unpack Marilyn Manson's crazy psychotic buuuuuuullshit at this point... but this thing here, where a woman is alleging rape and death threats... she says she was shown a movie called "Groupie" where a woman is forced to drink piss at gunpoint or something?

    So Manson's legal team is saying "well, that video was a crafted thing, all of it is acting" but that doesn't really change anything. If she THOUGHT it was real, and Manson lead her on to believe it was, that's part of some aggressive abusive insanity. Like "maybe you'll be in a 'movie' someday..." or "thrown in the bad girls room if you annoy me." I hate this person, and I'm so ashamed I ever gave him money.

  14. #1394
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,701
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Holy shit I'm so tired of trying to unpack Marilyn Manson's crazy psychotic buuuuuuullshit at this point... but this thing here, where a woman is alleging rape and death threats... she says she was shown a movie called "Groupie" where a woman is forced to drink piss at gunpoint or something?

    So Manson's legal team is saying "well, that video was a crafted thing, all of it is acting" but that doesn't really change anything. If she THOUGHT it was real, and Manson lead her on to believe it was, that's part of some aggressive abusive insanity. Like "maybe you'll be in a 'movie' someday..." or "thrown in the bad girls room if you annoy me." I hate this person, and I'm so ashamed I ever gave him money.
    Im so glad I only ever saw him as a dopey clown (as Trent put it) and never gave him my time or interest. Ever.

  15. #1395
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,091
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I’m so glad I only ever saw him as a dopey clown (as Trent put it) and never gave him my time or interest. Ever.
    I never got the appeal. I remember in 1994 when NIN came through on tour with MM, and it left one hell of an impression on people who hadn't seen/heard them before. The effect was fascinating. I gave POAF a listen and just wasn't impressed. My bf at the time pointedly noted, "two types of NIN fans - those who do and those who don't like MM."

    /drift. Sorry.
    I hope he rots somewhere for his crimes. I believe all of his accusers. The man is filth.

  16. #1396
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,363
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I never got the appeal. I remember in 1994 when NIN came through on tour with MM, and it left one hell of an impression on people who hadn't seen/heard them before. The effect was fascinating. I gave POAF a listen and just wasn't impressed. My bf at the time pointedly noted, "two types of NIN fans - those who do and those who don't like MM."

    /drift. Sorry.
    I hope he rots somewhere for his crimes. I believe all of his accusers. The man is filth.
    Well, I guess I'm at a point where I would really like to say the same, but I even liked his last album. It messes with me to be honest...

    Really, I already felt like I was "way too old to be listening to this angsty shlock rock bullshit" but that last album really kicked ass. I don't know enough to assign blame for why it was good. I'd like to think it's all Shooter Jennings... but isn't that just a cheap way out of admitting that I endorsed and supported a terrible person who has done awful, reprehensible things?

    And it's not like I didn't know. I probably have heard more anecdotes about Manson than his most hardcore fans. I'm in some industry circles, and so I've heard some crazy shit. Maybe I just try to avoid things when it feels like "well, I can't verify this, and I don't want to contribute to rumor-mill bullshit... I don't know if it's true." But, really... the more I'm reading this stuff, I'm suspecting everything I've heard is completely 100% true. I had a friend tell me about this nazi shit and sexually "edgy" scenarios he'd rope people into observing, accompanied with anecdotes about crazy racist shit.

    This isn't just someone who entertains crazy "out there" comedy-routine notions. He crossed a line and did them. And he thinks it's hilarious while he keeps getting away with it.

    I remember reading something where he was talking about going to a comedy movie premier, and he said "I feel sorry for anyone who has to sit next to me when I laugh, because when I laugh, I punch the person nearest me."

    And also, do we need to cross reference how many women have said that in mid intercourse he would start to bite them to the point where it was intolerable and "so painful?" I guess this is part of the thing... when you start to actually talk about how disgusting this is, it gets really disturbing... to the point where I really REALLY don't even wanna picture it or think about it.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-30-2021 at 01:56 PM.

  17. #1397
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,701
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    His voice in every song sounds to me like he’s trying to get an orgasm up and a turd out at the same time but keeps failing at both.

  18. #1398
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    5,769
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

  19. #1399
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,701
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Trey Parker & Matt Stone would have a field day making a MM centric episode, lol. After all this.

  20. #1400
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,530
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shade View Post
    To compare the random internet rambling of some psycho bitch to the Catholic church scandal is taking this too far..That's a whole different level. These self-proclaimed saints are the biggest sinners.
    In most child sexual abuse, there is no actual evidence. If you’re looking for sperm, fingerprints, or Perry Mason kind of stuff, you’re usually not going to find it.

    Even in date rape situations, there is no “evidence.”

    The occasional false accusation is far outweighed by the actual ones.

    All I’m saying is that we should avoid using “evidence” requirements when discussing these types of crimes, as it often doesn’t exist.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-15-2021 at 02:43 AM.

  21. #1401
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,080
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Hey, it’s no secret that Trent Reznor’s fans are some of THE craziest wackos on the planet whose levels of obsession are unrivaled.

    Remember Blaine? The author of wolf erotic novels who claimed that she and Reznor had been communicating after he read her books, and then she said he started somehow tracking her computer, and John Malm was in on it? And she was gonna go to the FBI?
    Yes but this is my issue with metoo - now everyone would go #ibelieveyou and I'm so so sorry this is happening to you etc. But as the Lexa Vonn thing proves I suppose a bit of benefit of the doubt is in order too. I usually take things on a case by case thing personally but some people on twitter literally do just believe everything someone says if they say they're a victim no matter how credible. I find it quite frightening. A lot of people just read something and instantly believe it without any personal reflection or research.

  22. #1402
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,530
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Yeah well I liked Blaine.

    But otherwise Asia Argento comes to mind.

    I don’t know that I usually have enough research or “personal reflection” to decide on anything. It’s someone else’s truth.

    It isn’t until I am presented with a preponderance of evidence to the contrary that I start to form an opinion on truth.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-15-2021 at 02:56 AM.

  23. #1403
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,080
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yeah well I liked Blaine.

    But otherwise Asia Argento comes to mind.
    To be fair, if someone is a bit unstable they deserve compassion and help, not to be mocked relentlessly. Social media is the problem really, I just hate what it's become

  24. #1404
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Central Europe. You know, the epicenter of all evil.
    Posts
    198
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    In most child sexual abuse, there is no actual evidence. If you’re looking for sperm, fingerprints, or Perry Mason kind of stuff, you’re usually not going to find it.

    Even in date rape situations, there is no “evidence.”

    The occasional false accusation is far outweighed by the actual ones.

    All I’m saying is that we should avoid using “evidence” requirements when discussing these types of crimes, as it often doesn’t exist.
    Because sadly, children cannot speak up for themselves - especially considering that it takes most adults years to come forward. But with time, there goes the evidence, if there is.

    Even evidence isn't evidence sometimes, take date rape. If it's word against word, whose word outweighs the other?
    The assumed victim? This is what I mean..

    There is no black and white here. Just shades of grey..

  25. #1405
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,363
    Mentioned
    484 Post(s)
    So now I guess there’s some thing happening with Billie Eilish where she’s being asked to respond about her boyfriend’s remarks that he made online about ten years ago... and maybe this has to do with being ten years older than her, and she’s 19... but this is lame. She doesn’t have to answer for shit he said online, and if he’s important enough to get your interest, bring it up with him, not his girlfriend. Fucking hate stuff like this

  26. #1406
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,080
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    So now I guess there’s some thing happening with Billie Eilish where she’s being asked to respond about her boyfriend’s remarks that he made online about ten years ago... and maybe this has to do with being ten years older than her, and she’s 19... but this is lame. She doesn’t have to answer for shit he said online, and if he’s important enough to get your interest, bring it up with him, not his girlfriend. Fucking hate stuff like this
    Social media again allowing this tiresome pile-on style discourse. I truly hate it and feel sorry for young people who grow up with it and don’t feel they can actually just abandon it

  27. #1407
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    13,530
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Yes he tried to sell it but I didn’t think that meant the info was erroneous, it’s still the black book isn’t it?
    Elie Weisel is in the black book. David Blaine is in the black book. Barbara Walters is in the black book. Simon LeBon is in the black book. Henry Kissinger is in the black book. David Koch is in the black book. Ethel Kennedy is in the black book. Mick Jagger is in the black book. Michael Jackson is in the black book. Tony Blair is in the black book. Conrad Black is in the black book. Alec Baldwin is in the black book.

  28. #1408
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Portland, Ore
    Posts
    1,036
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Welp, there goes my childhood. This was sad and disappointing to read.
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 06-23-2021 at 03:59 PM.

  29. #1409
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,080
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Manson is going to turn himself in to New Hampshire police over that spitting incident. Hmm wonder what’s in it for him to do that

    https://www.spin.com/2021/06/marilyn...rrest-warrant/

  30. #1410
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    7,669
    Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post

    Welp, there goes my childhood. This was sad and disappointing to read.
    just assume that everyone who's ever been on tv for any reason has done some sort of horrific indecency. That's pretty much where I am, at this point.

Posting Permissions