Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Behemoth

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Behemoth

Fuck, there's enough fans here so why not just do it already. I know there's at least 3 on this board.

The band is once again in hot water in Poland due to a shirt sold at the Behemoth store.

Theres also news and rumblings of the next album, slated for next year. Get yer butts in here everyone. Wanna rank albums?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yup, one of my favorite metal bands. I wish I could find more music that's just as sophisticated as their style of metal.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    There goes that old crazy polish government again.

They have entered the studio. New album is on the way

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    Yup, one of my favorite metal bands. I wish I could find more music that's just as sophisticated as their style of metal.
    Same, easily in my top 10 of ANY genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    There goes that old crazy polish government again.

They have entered the studio. New album is on the way
    I know he has national pride but Nergal should relocate to another country. The others all have families so might not be feasible. Least I know Inferno does.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i would never, ever want to go on after these guys.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    More lyrics editing and samples - https://instagram.com/p/BbAFGIDhyqJ/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I haven't listened to them in quite a while (or much other death metal, for that matter), but they were the band that got me into death metal. Specifically it was Revolver magazine's review for their album The Apostasy, which ended with them claiming it to be the band's Master Of Puppets. I used to be a regular Revolver reader for much of my adolescence (though nobody needs to know that the first issue I bought had Avenged Sevenfold on the cover).

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Signature Guitars by ESP are coming out. I usually dont buy sig guitars as they are not catered for me, but I might make an exception this time around.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Signature Guitars by ESP are coming out. I usually dont buy sig guitars as they are not catered for me, but I might make an exception this time around.
    I don't play guitar but I'm still curious. I'm always curious how well the signature guitars stack up compared to standard ones.

On topic, like I said in a few posts above, keep watching Instagram videos and stories from the band and Nergal and you'll see and hear snippets of riffs and lyrics. The few riffs I heard sound nothing like I've heard before from this band. Hoping to see some envelopes being pushed for the band. The Satanist was a milestone in quality and they can surely overdo it on the next album. I just hope it's at least 10 tracks.

I'll rank:

1. The Apostasy (My first album and introduction plus the songs are phenomenal)
    2. The Satanist (Current magnum opus, no track is a throwaway)
    3. Demigod (Tons of brutal riffs and damning songs)
    4. Evangelion (Fantastic production and insightful lyrical work with great music)
    5. Thelema.6 (Solid album with favorites on it, "Christians To The Lions" and "Antichristian Phenomenon")
    6. Satanica (Two staple songs and a great, dated album)
    7. Pandemonic Incantations (Best purely black metal album from the band and "Satan's Sword (I Have Become)" is a true favorite)
    8. Zos Kia Cultus (Here and Beyond) (Can never get into this one really minus "hits")
    9. Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic) (Solid but poor production ala black metal roots, LOVE "Wolves Guard My Coffin" though!)
    10. Grom (I appreciate the female vocals from Celina and some outside the box ideas but ehhhh)
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-24-2017 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Speaking of that. For their Christmas show, the original Grom lineup will play on stage. I’d pay good money for that show.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I just listen to Demigod for the first time in a long time, it still holds up.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Havok, their guitarist from the thelema lineup, has been announced to show up for the xmas gig.

And they have been teasing alot of evangelian songs rehearsals for that show, they did daimonos. I hope they release this some how

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Havok, their guitarist from the thelema lineup, has been announced to show up for the xmas gig.

And they have been teasing alot of evangelian songs rehearsals for that show, they did daimonos. I hope they release this some how
    I seen and Nergal (joke) hinted at him playing as a guest on one of the new songs they’re recording.

I love Daimonos. That and Shemhamforash are a great one two punch opener.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 12-11-2017 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    News on the Live CD/DVD was shared via Nergal on Instagram. There’s also sneak peek photos.

https://instagram.com/p/Bc9_6DvhtC3/

I hope there’s a blu-ray copy to buy because I hate DVDs.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I hope there’s a blu-ray copy to buy because I hate DVDs.
    The Blu-ray logo is in focus on the shot at that link. Maybe he was just saying "DVD" as if it's a generic term? There's a CD logo next to the BR one but I can't make out the one next to that.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I’d expect a new single or music video soon. Nergal and the Behemoth instagram has been posting behind the scene photos and videos. Wardrobe and guests for the video have been shown too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So....

Without my knowledge an EP was released with some sort of magazine at the end of the last year. It featured three tracks from The Satanist and three live tracks from the album from a tour. The artwork states from "Messe Noire" which I assume this is a teaser for the upcoming Live album we've seen snippets of. I can also assume it is titled Messe Noire, after the song.

Either way I'm glad to hear these professionally recorded live. The EP is titled Amen.

If anyone wants it I got it, let me know.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So....

Without my knowledge an EP was released with some sort of magazine at the end of the last year. It featured three tracks from The Satanist and three live tracks from the album from a tour. The artwork states from "Messe Noire" which I assume this is a teaser for the upcoming Live album we've seen snippets of. I can also assume it is titled Messe Noire, after the song.

Either way I'm glad to hear these professionally recorded live. The EP is titled Amen.

If anyone wants it I got it, let me know.
    Im down

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Messe Noire (Live CD + Video) Hits pre-order tomorrow and as a preview you can download the live recording from Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel for free on the promo page.

messenoire.pl

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Cant wait. Wonder what kind of packages will be available

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Cant wait. Wonder what kind of packages will be available
    I’ll buy any package that features vinyl + cd + blu-ray (hopefully).

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    There is one. And it comes with a tshirt. And it comes at a time where I cant afford it.

If you get it today, let me know of they charge right away or charge when they ship.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    There is one. And it comes with a tshirt. And it comes at a time where I cant afford it.

If you get it today, let me know of they charge right away or charge when they ship.
    I should be able to buy it after work. I’ll let you know.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I should be able to buy it after work. I’ll let you know.
    I went ahead and and just pre ordered the autographed Blu Ray set. I still dont have a vinyl player so it would be dumb to get the record now. If I miss out on it, I miss out. But the Blu Ray is what I really wanted anyway. Im excited.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I went ahead and and just pre ordered the autographed Blu Ray set. I still dont have a vinyl player so it would be dumb to get the record now. If I miss out on it, I miss out. But the Blu Ray is what I really wanted anyway. Im excited.
    Since I'm a dork I bought both the red vinyl press with the digibook, the autographs and the guitar picks and I also bought the CD/Blu-ray set via their US King's Road Merch store.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Since I'm a dork I bought both the red vinyl press with the digibook, the autographs and the guitar picks and I also bought the CD/Blu-ray set via their US King's Road Merch store.
    Im tempted to buy the vinyl. Everytime I scroll past it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Im tempted to buy the vinyl. Everytime I scroll past it.
    Limited to 800 and I own every other exclusive release they have via their web store so I bit. Treat yoself.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Behemoth

Limited to 800 and I own every other exclusive release they have via their web store so I bit. Treat yoself.
    I am saving to build a pc. And that might change down the road to purchase nergals signature guitar thats coming out.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I am saving to build a pc. And that might change down the road to purchase nergals signature guitar thats coming out.
    Mmmmm tempting.

I assume you seen the promotional photos and everything for the groups' signature series?

I'll show my vinyl via photos when I get it....all the way in April. Sigh.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Mmmmm tempting.

I assume you seen the promotional photos and everything for the groups' signature series?

I'll show my vinyl via photos when I get it....all the way in April. Sigh.
    Yea, saw videos and read specs. I was thinking about his signature 7 string, but im not a V shaped guitar guy.

And i think we arent getting the stuff on release date, we are getting it later in the month of april so they can sign the blu rays.