Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mindhunter

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mindhunter

David Fincher returning to very similar thematic ground for Netflix. Sold.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I've read the majority of the books on which this show is based. Very excited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mindhunter

Has anyone else watched this yet? I binged the entire first season this weekend and absolutely loved it. Very fascinating look at the development of criminal psychology within the FBI, four episodes directed by David Fincher no less!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I am a sucker for criminal profiler shows and this is just masterful. I absolutely loved it and look forward to the second season.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I loved this.

I love Fincher's work, The Social Network is one of my favorite films. But I thought the middle 6 episodes did a great job of retaining the tone, style, coloring, acting, and shot framing that Fincher set up un the first 2. I thought the whole series was very reminscent of Zodiac, especially visually in color tone and framing. I thought House of Cards failed to retain this style of his for many reasons, but I thought this show was stunning throughout.

Did anybody else really love a lot of Holden/Jonathan Groff's real subtle acting choices?

I really got a kick out of every time he did that *slow head turn/eye dart towards somebody else in the room when something crazy was said* thing. I also particularly liked when he was spoiler

I also enjoyed the parallels drawn between him and his subjects. It seems like people may have sorta overlooked this from the reviews I've read, which seems hard to believe. There was a definite progression over the series of his obsession deepening which lead to him crossing more and more ethical lines and continuously getting away with it. He clearly became so much more cocky and confident each time that he was validated and that the increasingly severe behavior was acceptable. He started to get off on it. And every single person in his life was getting increasingly disturbed by his behavior. This whole paragraph can describe Holden or a serial killer to a T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I
    I really got a kick out of every time he did that *slow head turn/eye dart towards somebody else in the room when something crazy was said* thing.
    I think the show takes a lot of benefit from the chemistry between these two characters that really develops in the first season. I haven't finished watching all of it but the two actors are perfect for these roles. It's a kind of slow burn style of show but I really find myself intrigued by every step they make. I look forward to more.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient View Post
    I think the show takes a lot of benefit from the chemistry between these two characters that really develops in the first season. I haven't finished watching all of it but the two actors are perfect for these roles. It's a kind of slow burn style of show but I really find myself intrigued by every step they make. I look forward to more.
    Hell yes. That was the one thing I was a bit iffy about. I didn't know basically any of the actors and I figured the main character would be a boring plain white dude, but goddamn I was almost as impressed with the way Holden was acting as I was with Tench. And both of them together are fantastic.

And I think we should give some credit to the killers' acting too. I thought the way Kemper was talking was a bit strange/affected in the beginning, but it pretty quickly sold me on that just being the way that actual character talks.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient View Post
    Hell yes. That was the one thing I was a bit iffy about. I didn't know basically any of the actors and I figured the main character would be a boring plain white dude, but goddamn I was almost as impressed with the way Holden was acting as I was with Tench. And both of them together are fantastic.

And I think we should give some credit to the killers' acting too. I thought the way Kemper was talking was a bit strange/affected in the beginning, but it pretty quickly sold me on that just being the way that actual character talks. Spoiler: Brudos and Speck were also pretty impressive as well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Got 2 episodes left and my girl and I love it!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Great show so far. Nice to see a Fight Club alumni in a lead role.
    The main character... Doesn't he feel like a combination of Henry Cavill and Sam Rockwell?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    4 episodes down. I really love it. After watching Criminal Minds (and their painfully bad last 6-7 seasons...), this is really really really good!!!

I kinda love the soundtrack. It's not TR&AR, but the guy, Jason Hill, made his homework and he's doing great.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Mindhunter Season 2 has been announced by Netflix
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/90...tflix#/slide/1

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    A third of the way through the new season. Savoring the rest for the weekend. So far so good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    On 4th episode and loving it so far

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just finished this, fantastic. This is the best show on Netflix.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Love Fincher and love the series. on episode 3 of the 2nd season so far.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think it was dragged a little by the personal issues, but overall a good season and a great finale.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m 7 episodes in. Nancy is grating on my nerves but other than that, it’s been great.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Really loved this season. The Manson interview was so well done.

Also...

Spoiler: At least 2 or 3 episodes before they catch Wayne dumping the body off of the bridge, he is BRIEFLY seen taking photos as part of the press pool when they were searching one of the fields. Fantastic touch.

Really hope it doesnt take another 2 years for season 3.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Man, looking at some of the real killers that were involved...they really nailed the casting.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    David Fincher expects Mindhunter to last 5 seasons

Ummm, yes, fucking please!

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...t-five-seasons

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Season 2 was fantastic. Kind of wish we would've re-watched the first season since it's been so long but it didn't take long to get caught up with what was going on. Just a great show all around.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i was home sick from my PHP program yesterday so i mainlined the entire second season in one day. i'm confused about all the people on imdb complaining about the end of the season...like, do they not realize that all these crimes happened in real life, and that the way the season ended is pretty much how the case ended? people are also apparently so pissed off about the character development ("why do we care about the lesbian doctor? ugh so boring!" and "the wasted storyline on bill's kid and wife") and i don't get it. like what the fuck do they want out of the show???

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I still have three episodes left (taking it slowly on purpose), it's very good, even opening theme (I remember/like tapes). And it slightly reminds me first True Detective season, maybe colours, atmosphere, lost children...?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    I still have three episodes left (taking it slowly on purpose), it's very good, even opening theme (I remember/like tapes). And it slightly reminds me first True Detective season, maybe colours, atmosphere, lost children...?
    the opening theme really sounds like a song i put out back in 2011 and i find myself squinting every time it comes on haha

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Season 3 will have to wait until Fincher finishes his next film...
    https://www.nme.com/news/tv/mindhunt...t-film-2570434

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    It says the show is not cancelled, but it's just going to be a while until a third season. It is unfair to keep the actors locked in a contract that keeps them from working. I'm fine with waiting and they take the time to deliver a great third season. It seems we won't have a third season until 2022 from the sound of this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Mindhunter may not return. Fincher said it's time consuming and he doesn't think he can do a third season at a cheaper price tag. Apparently they're not getting the viewing numbers to justify more seasons.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...-david-fincher

EVERYONE GO WATCH MINDHUNTER!