Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross Cover John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Theme (2017)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Shit, I got my copy from a seller on ebay. I just sent them a message, hope they'll be able to replace my copy.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So I am assuming this includes the orange and black versions? If it does, I guess I will have 4 copies of this bad boy then.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Oh, nice! I still hadn't gotten around to actually listening to the vinyl yet, and hadn't even known that it was different from the digital version. Huzzah for having two versions!

Perhaps they should've just rebranded the original pressing as "Deviations 2"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I called and emailed all the vendors I got this from to make sure I'm on their "list" to get my correct copies. Gona do the right thing and make sure that those I sold them to get the correct copy as well.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    they removed the end which is the best bit of the remake and what the entire track builds up to?
    I knew something was amiss when the proper ending wasn’t there

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    how the fuck did these make it past test pressings if it was the wrong version of the song? did someone at sacred bones put it on, listen to the first 30 seconds, and just say "yeah, cool, it's good"? what the fuck?

i love sacred bones but they're really fucking me up, lately, and it's very frustrating.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    how the fuck did these make it past test pressings if it was the wrong version of the song? did someone at sacred bones put it on, listen to the first 30 seconds, and just say "yeah, cool, it's good"? what the fuck?

i love sacred bones but they're really fucking me up, lately, and it's very frustrating.
    It's all good homie! You now have an unintended version and they are still going to send out the right version... eventually. I know they fucked up your black versions, I get it, it sucks that someone fucked up but, It's still kind of cool, in a way. And in no way I'm I trying to be a dick here, just trying to point out the positive side of this debacle.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Honestly, it's kind of neat that we got this "early" version that's exclusive to vinyl. Glad I ordered from Sacred Bones and will get the replacement free.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If anyone is able to record their vinyl into a FLAC copy for posterity, that would be amazing.

As would a PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    After listening to the "previous" version a couple of times now, I think I like it more than the "definitive" digital version. Feels more spooky to me.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 11-08-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Updated nincatalog with NIN email to document the mispress.

Orange Vinyl - http://nincatalog.com/films-and-soun...-vinyl12-1497/

Black Vinyl - http://nincatalog.com/films-and-soun...-vinyl12-1513/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Shit, I got my copy from a seller on ebay. I just sent them a message, hope they'll be able to replace my copy.
    I emailed Brad Sanders of Sacred Bones a copy of my receipt and he said it was sufficient and they would send me a replacement in Jan.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I emailed Brad Sanders of Sacred Bones a copy of my receipt and he said it was sufficient and they would send me a replacement in Jan.
    So they are going to have the records in Jan? Can you get a confirmation on that?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    So they are going to have the records in Jan? Can you get a confirmation on that?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Sooooo...March.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

So, let me get this straight, You sent Sacred Bones a copy of your receipt from "some other retailer" and Sacred Bones is sending you the replacement?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i knew something was wrong. But this is actually awesome in a way, we still get the "intended" version and those who managed to get the "screwed-up" version now have an instant collectors item

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    So, let me get this straight, You sent Sacred Bones a copy of your receipt from "some other retailer" and Sacred Bones is sending you the replacement?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylReleas...o_all/e9ag1sm/

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Just quoting it here in case -

A. Customers who purchased the record online or have their receipt from a brick and mortar store handy may email brad@sacredbonesrecords.com a copy of their receipt and Sacred Bones will ship them a replacement copy when the pressing is complete. B. If a customer purchased their copy from a brick and mortar store and doesn't have their receipt, they may show their physical LP copy to the store from which it was purchased, at which point YOU/the store can fill out a Google Form providing the customer's information. The customer can then keep their original copy and once the pressing is complete, Sacred Bones will ship the replacement copy directly to the customer's provided address on the Google Form.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just watched the original Halloween yesterday for the first time.
    Idk what kept me from watching it for so long. I love the TR and AR cover and it's what pushed me to be interested in watching the movie. The soundtrack makes that movie (just my opinion) but it was a great film.
    I have an even greater appreciation for their cover now. Excited for the second copy to come in next year!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andallthatcouldhavebeen View Post
    I just watched the original Halloween yesterday for the first time.
    Idk what kept me from watching it for so long. I love the TR and AR cover and it's what pushed me to be interested in watching the movie. The soundtrack makes that movie (just my opinion) but it was a great film.
    I have an even greater appreciation for their cover now. Excited for the second copy to come in next year!
    That's how every John Carpenter movie is. He has some absolute classics and some absolute duds, but ALL of his scores are great. There are a lot of bands today (called synthwave or outrun) that are a throw back to a synthpoppy 80s sound that never actually existed. The thing is, John Carpenter and Vangelis we're doing it in the 70s. That's how ahead of their time they were. The idealized version of 80s music that is being made now, in the 2010s, was being done a decade before the music currently being emulated. I feel like he doesn't get nearly enough credit for being such a visionary musician.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I just remembered we were supposed to get our replacements in January. Did anybody get their's or hear anything about them?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I just remembered we were supposed to get our replacements in January. Did anybody get their's or hear anything about them?
    Not I

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    "Early 2019" is what the email said, not January.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    "Early 2019" is what the email said, not January.
    [QUOTE=imail724;437310][/QUOTE

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=imail724;447699]
    [/QUOTE
    Ah. Well at least one version of events still has a chance of being correct.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I've seen a couple folks say that they received an email from Sacred Bones. Looks like they ship around the 20th?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soma View Post
    I've seen a couple folks say that they received an email from Sacred Bones. Looks like they ship around the 20th?
    I saw this and contacted Brad at SB. He confirmed that they are going to ship next week. Woo hoo!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Soooo...March.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    This email from the nin.com store just went out:

THANKS FOR WAITING.

AS PREVIOUSLY NOTIFIED, A MISTAKE WAS MADE WHEN THE HALLOWEEN 12” WAS PRESSED LAST FALL.
    THE REPRESS IS NOW DONE AND HAS BEEN DELIVERED TO OUR WAREHOUSE. SHIPMENTS WILL BEGIN GOING OUT IN THE NEXT 24 – 48 HOURS, FREE OF CHARGE.
    YOU WILL RECEIVE A SHIPPING NOTIFICATION EMAIL FROM
    NIN.SERVICE@LNMERCH.COM
    ONCE YOUR REPLACEMENT PACKAGE HAS BEEN SHIPPED, SO PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT
    NIN.SERVICE@LNMERCH.COM

THANKS,
    NIN CUSTOMER SERVICE