Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross Cover John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Theme (2017)

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Just to throw more info... My local record store said they were going to have them in stock on the 19th. But now they said the 26th and stock will be limited. Maybe this got pushed back a bit?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Just to throw more info... My local record store said they were going to have them in stock on the 19th. But now they said the 26th and stock will be limited. Maybe this got pushed back a bit?
    I believe you are correct. Every place that appears to be carrying it, now has the release date set for 10/26.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post

You beat me to posting the link! Thank you sharing!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    You beat me to posting the link! Thank you sharing!
    Also up on Sacred Bones and John Carpenter's Bandcamp page in orange or black vinyl - https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/c...ters-halloween
    https://johncarpentermusic.bandcamp....ters-halloween

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    What's with the black and white covers? Front and back or are some white, some black?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Don't think it's front and back. The vinyl is coming out of the right side on both pictures. Maybe another case of randomness like the red and blue sleeves for NTAE.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    AWESOME! Cancelled my order with Piccadilly records and ordered from sacredbones.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    What's with the black and white covers? Front and back or are some white, some black?
    Sacred Bones has done some random colors with their John Carpenter vinyl, and they might be making the sleeve the random item in this particular release. When I say random, I really mean it. Like you order the record, and maybe it is black or maybe it is orange or a splattered color. Luck of the draw. See the links below as an example. Sometimes the jackets are 'mirrored', black and white or silver too.

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/p...13-b-w-the-fog

https://www.discogs.com/John-Carpent...master/1016571
    Last edited by renton44; 10-18-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    Sacred Bones has done some random colors with their John Carpenter vinyl, and they might be making the sleeve the random item in this particular release. When I say random, I really mean it. Like you order the record, and maybe it is black or maybe it is orange or a splattered color. Luck of the draw. See the links below as an example. Sometimes the jackets are 'mirrored', black and white or silver too.

https://www.sacredbonesrecords.com/p...13-b-w-the-fog

https://www.discogs.com/John-Carpent...master/1016571
    Mondo used to do this too with their film releases, but with colored vinyl. I hit the jackpot with their Halloween release a few years ago along with Drive, and Gravity.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Mondo used to do this too with their film releases, but with colored vinyl. I hit the jackpot with their Halloween release a few years ago along with Drive, and Gravity.
    OMG, I am very very jealous you have the Mondo version of Drive. Which one did you get? I know, this is off topic, so to get back on topic... did you order the Halloween orange vinyl? Haha.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Amazon has the same listing as nin.com for $17.98. You'll save $10 in shipping if you have Amazon Prime.https://www.amazon.com/Carpenters-Ha...9881892&sr=8-1

Edit: ***This may or may not be the orange limited edition being sold on nin.com.*** This may be the black version.
    Last edited by spahn; 10-18-2018 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Additional Information added.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    OMG, I am very very jealous you have the Mondo version of Drive. Which one did you get? I know, this is off topic, so to get back on topic... did you order the Halloween orange vinyl? Haha.
    It's the Tyler Stout cover and I ordered Halloween in orange.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Amazon has the same listing as nin.com for $17.98. You'll save $10 in shipping if you have Amazon Prime.https://www.amazon.com/Carpenters-Ha...9881892&sr=8-1
    I'm such a NIN whore I prefer buying from the store just so I can say I bought it from the source (even if the source is just a different online retailer, lol).

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Does this vinyl include a digital download option?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I'm such a NIN whore I prefer buying from the store just so I can say I bought it from the source (even if the source is just a different online retailer, lol).
    99.9% of the time i would buy from the nin store but the fact that this is a 2 track vinyl for $28 on the nin store is hard for me to justify when i can get it for $10 cheaper. that and the fact that i will probably drop $100+ on merch on the current tour, i need to save my pennies.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    99.9% of the time i would buy from the nin store but the fact that this is a 2 track vinyl for $28 on the nin store is hard for me to justify when i can get it for $10 cheaper. that and the fact that i will probably drop $100+ on merch on the current tour, i need to save my pennies.
    I totally get that. I rarely do merch at shows, which means I'm always just waiting for the NIN store to post something new (I'm looking at you, Quake, Patriots Day, The Slip, and With Teeth), so when they do drop something like this, I barely even think of it as spending real money - it lives more in the gas/food/rent department. You know, the essentials.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I've heard that the black vinyl version is being sold for $18 so it seems highly likely to me that if you order from Amazon, you're getting black vinyl.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Haha wat???
    I just received email w/ tracking info for my orange vinyl order! What kind of preorder is this? :-D
    Last edited by m0reta; 10-18-2018 at 05:44 PM. Reason: OIC cuz it will take 7 days to get here

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Haha wat???
    I just received email w/ tracking info for my orange vinyl order! What kind of preorder is this? :-D
    Same here! I did a double take.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Same here! I did a double take.
    It's probably my goddamn fucking replacement sleeve for Deviations 1.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    yeah, it's the front (john carpenter version) and back (TRAR version). the record coming out of the right side no matter what is just a standard stock image thing.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    BTW, nin.com and Sacred Bones are both sold out of their allocations. John Carpenter Bandcamp is sold out of the orange but still has the black.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just curious if there’s any places in Canada that has the Orange press available? Asking for a friend as I got mine on NIN.com but was hoping there’s other places. $44 CDN for this orange press ouch! Also the company dealing with the shipment are they better then when Deviations was as I had to get 4 copies to get a mint one. Still have 2 copies if anyone’s interested in buying one.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure the shipment emails from NIN.com were just auto generated when they created tracking numbers head of time. I don't think they've actually shipped any of them yet.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I'm pretty sure the shipment emails from NIN.com were just auto generated when they created tracking numbers head of time. I don't think they've actually shipped any of them yet.
    Est delivery, Wed 24OCT... Their shipping in time for Halloween!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Est delivery, Wed 24OCT... Their shipping in time for Halloween!
    My UPS tracking number doesn’t exist as it tells me I need one that detailsonly available on shipments made within 120 days. So I’m guessing it’s not in UPS system yet and will be once the weekend is over. Where are these being shipped from?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    My UPS tracking number doesn’t exist as it tells me I need one that detailsonly available on shipments made within 120 days. So I’m guessing it’s not in UPS system yet and will be once the weekend is over. Where are these being shipped from?
    UPS number from nin.com matches UPS number from UPS email... and the tracking number gives me this info...

Scheduled Delivery:
    Wednesday, 10/24/2018, By End of Day

Last Location:
    Departed - San Marcos, CA, United States, Friday, 10/19/2018

status is: In Transit, On Time

Also, I ordered it within minutes of getting the nin Twitter notification...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone in Canada have there Tracking info updated? I still get a error

UPS could not locate the shipment details for this tracking number. Details are only available for shipments made within the last 120 days. Please verify your information.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    When anyone gets their Orange vinyl, any good images of credits, barcode and details would be appreciated to update the nincatalog listing.