Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross Cover John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ Theme (2017)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    So we’ve all been listening to this nonstop for the last two days, right? It’s not just me?
    I mentioned in a previous post that I was going to listen to this on loop for a two-hr flight on Friday. I did just that.

I flew back today, and listened to it like 5 more times.

Then I went to the gym when I got home, and listened to it for my entire workout.

I fucking love this! TR is my favorite musician, but I’m also a HUGE Carpenter fan. This track is pure magic.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Oh, and my wife just asked me if I’d like to watch Halloween tonight.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Been up for a few weeks but I just found "Halloween" available on Bandcamp for $1. Much rather support them than Amazon, Apple, etc. + they have excellent variety of download types & you can download unlimited times with various formats. I personally like WAV but also got MP3 for my phone/car. I almost bought it from Amazon but am glad I didn't. Such a great reimagining of "Halloween". I had hoped they would do it in concert but maybe next year?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross Cover John Carpenter’s ‘Hallloween’ Theme

Bumping this to see if there’s any news of a physical release (preferably vinyl)? I need this in my house/life as a physical artifact.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    Bumping this to see if there’s any news of a physical release (preferably vinyl)? I need this in my house/life as a physical artifact.
    Nothing listed on the Sacred Bones Records website about it...

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ^^^ That was pretty damn awesome!!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post

Nice! They did a pretty spot-on job of emulating Fincher's distinct style and feel (including the color palette). Now I want to see a Fincher-directed Halloween movie. With TR & AR music throughout, of course!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Someone posted this on the NIN subreddit a couple of hours ago, but it appears it already sold out.

https://www.twoheadeddog.com/trent-r...emix-orange-12

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Someone posted this on the NIN subreddit a couple of hours ago, but it appears it already sold out.

https://www.twoheadeddog.com/trent-r...emix-orange-12
    seems weird that sacred bones isn't putting it out. that smells like a bootleg to me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    seems weird that sacred bones isn't putting it out. that smells like a bootleg to me.
    Maybe. The website I linked is a store, not a label, so it's possible it is Sacred Bones putting it out. The catalog number listed is Sacred Bones' number. If it's legit, it'll probably appear on other sites as well.

EDIT: Looks legit. On sale here now.
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 09-17-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Regular version: https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/Tr...12-Vinyl-EP)-2
    Colored Vinyl: https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/Tr...-(12-Vinyl-EP)

Thank you @otnavuskire for the heads up!

Edit: Fixed the links... sorry about that.
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 09-17-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Looks like the colored vinyl is already gone from MusicDirect, too. Wow. Oh well.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross Cover John Carpenter’s ‘Hallloween’ Theme

Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Looks like the colored vinyl is already gone from MusicDirect, too. Wow. Oh well.
    It let me order one. At least, it appeared to go through. I got a confirmation email:

I hope this is a legit SB release, and not a boot.
    Last edited by caca; 09-17-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    kinda glad i didn't realize there was a standard black as well as a special colored one when i ordered or i would have gotten both haha
    @caca why didn't you get charged tax??? mine came out to exactly $25 w/shipping & tax (i did the cheapest shipping option available). is that an AZ thing?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's still available, at least on the link itself (the link above was missing the ) at the end, which gives an incorrect screen):

https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/Trent-Reznor-and-Atticus-Ross-Halloween-Theme-(Remix)-(12-Vinyl-EP)

The bottom of the page says "Call to confirm colored copies are still available"...I didn't when I placed my order for it earlier and it went through.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    kinda glad i didn't realize there was a standard black as well as a special colored one when i ordered or i would have gotten both haha
    @caca why didn't you get charged tax??? mine came out to exactly $25 w/shipping & tax (i did the cheapest shipping option available). is that an AZ thing?
    Hmmmm.... that’s weird. Not sure. I get taxed on most online stuff.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    it's $18 plus $10 shipping for one song? Pretty steep no?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    it's $18 plus $10 shipping for one song? Pretty steep no?
    The cheapest shipping was like $5. I paid a little more because I’d like to listen to it in October.

$18 isn’t bad, considering it’s a (presumably) very limited run.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Bummer. Just got this email:

Thank you for your order with Music Direct. We do apologize however there was a mix up with our distributor and we have been informed that we will not be receiving Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - Halloween Theme (Remix) (Colored 12" Vinyl EP). This title is intended to be distributed to brick and mortar stores only and we are not able to sell it via our online website.

Therefore, we have deleted this item from your order and/or cancelled your order. Please note you have not yet and will not be charged for this title therefore a refund is not necessary. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I just called my local favourite vinyl shop and they're gonna see if they can definitely get me a copy. I was able to give them enough info from this thread for them to confirm they can see it to order. So if any one else tries their local record store you can tell them it's from Sacred Bones Records. And here is the relevant product numbers:

LDR42940 Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - Halloween Theme (Remix) (Colored 12" Vinyl EP)
    LDR42841 Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - Halloween Theme (Remix) (Black 12" Vinyl EP)

HTH!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    I just called my local favourite vinyl shop and they're gonna see if they can definitely get me a copy. I was able to give them enough info from this thread for them to confirm they can see it to order. So if any one else tries their local record store you can tell them it's from Sacred Bones Records. And here is the relevant product numbers:

LDR42940 Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - Halloween Theme (Remix) (Colored 12" Vinyl EP)
    LDR42841 Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross - Halloween Theme (Remix) (Black 12" Vinyl EP)

HTH!
    I called Reckless Records in Wicker Park in Chicago and they are going to try and get it for me. Thanks for the good idea and info!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's a real bummer, as the closest shop to me is over an hour away. Although the day it comes out is the night of the first Boston show, and I'll be down there for it, so hopefully I can find it somewhere down there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    It's a real bummer, as the closest shop to me is over an hour away. Although the day it comes out is the night of the first Boston show, and I'll be down there for it, so hopefully I can find it somewhere down there.
    I tried my two local indie record shops (seems we are in the same area), and both have told me that this is a Europe release only and that they wouldn't be able to get it. That said, there is a seller on ebay who has it (link below) and a shop I ordered from, Piccadilly records in Manchester, England who is taking preorders for a reasonable price with shipping. But I was basically told we won't find it in the states (at least in the New England area). I just hate pre-ordering and having that 'will I actually get it..." drama. Crossing my fingers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TRENT-REZNO...vJYO:rk:3:pf:0

https://www.piccadillyrecords.com/co...php?pid=125267
    Last edited by renton44; 10-13-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Well, Just in case all this EU release only stuff, I pulled the trigger on the eBay one... If Reckless records comes through and then this one shows up I promise I'll flip this orange press for at lease $700.00, I got bills to pay! j/k. I'll hook someone up that missed out for sure.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I came here to post about this, but you guys are on it. I grabbed one of the orange pressings off eBay, but that UK shop sounds like the better deal.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for the heads up, renton44! Was thinking about this record this morning...placed an order with Picadilly just to lock something in.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Well, Just in case all this EU release only stuff, I pulled the trigger on the eBay one... If Reckless records comes through and then this one shows up I promise I'll flip this orange press for at lease $700.00, I got bills to pay! j/k. I'll hook someone up that missed out for sure.
    Ha! Even after being told that the orange vinyl is a EU release only, who wants to bet we all find it in a local store? That ALWAYS happens to me. I know Vinyl Me Please is getting the black vinyl version next Friday if anyone is so inclined and wants the black version.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Damnit.. Checked this thread a day too late. The preorder orange vinyl is wish listed....

I guess I'll be on the hunt next week :-/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I couldn't find an in-stock orange one to order, but I did secure a black one just in case.

I found this release, which makes it sound like it will be out in the US on Friday.

http://www.secretlydistribution.com/...ces/sbr190.pdf