Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017.12.16 - Houston, TX @ Day for Night Festival

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _incoma_ View Post
    There is a coupon out there for 40% off now, EDMtexas. That will get you both nights for under 145$. I wish i had waited before using the 30% but oh well, haha. I've never seen NIN at a festival before, so this should be interesting. Last year it was John Carpenter that made me take the plunge and I'm glad I did. The Atmosphere was awesome and the shows were cool. I was only let down that they Scheduled Carpenter and Aphex Twin against one another, huge oversight!.
    Fuck - ticket sales must be atrocious. Pisses me off that I paid full price day 1. 40% off for a fest with some of these names is insane. Makes me wonder if there's any chance this gets canned.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I really want to go to this but it I've heard festivals really suck ass.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    I really want to go to this but it I've heard festivals really suck ass.
    festivals are fine if you like the more than a few names on the lineup. Setlist may be shorter than a full show 20 songs instead of 25+. The lighting displays seem like a cool stuff to do while you wait. Tickets are stupid reasonable with the 40% discount (not happy about that)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If I'd known ticket prices would drop this steeply I'd have definitely made plans to go, damn. They were so overpriced to begin with and now they're beyond reasonable. Hopefully they bust out Letting You and Not Anymore for the last show of the year.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I wanted to go to this so bad, and moreso now that the tickets are so much cheaper, but my supervisor decided to wait until a couple weeks ago to tell me he was taking his big family vacation on the 14-19th of December, NOT November, so after he heard me talking about how excited I was to go, he never once stopped me to say I wasn't gonna be able to. Good times! : ))))

Anyway, I hope anyone that can go has a great time. I've never been into festivals at all but the atmosphere and aesthetic of this one, paired with the awesome lineup, reeeeally make me want so move mountains to make it happen. Maybe next year.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    @streetman PM’d

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Fuck - ticket sales must be atrocious. Pisses me off that I paid full price day 1. 40% off for a fest with some of these names is insane. Makes me wonder if there's any chance this gets canned.
    This happens every year with the fest. Even with aphex.

They have a stupid huge plot of land.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    This happens every year with the fest. Even with aphex.

They have a stupid huge plot of land.
    uhh, a heads up in September would've been nice...

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    With flights from San Diego for $90, this is HIGHLY doable and I am contemplating!
    Last edited by ninlive; 11-29-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does the website to buy tickets from not have Paypal as a checkout method? That really sucks if it doesn't

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Under a Nine Inch Nails google search they put NIN’s Houston set time as 7pm under the EVENTS tab in the right column.
    Last edited by streetman; 12-02-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I'm in. Lets do this!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I'm in. Lets do this!
    Did you go to any other shows this year? I've never been to a NIN show, let alone a festival.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Under a Nine Inch Nails google search they put NIN’s Houston set time as 7pm under the EVENTS tab in the right column.
    Wouldn't that be really early to start? Huh. EDIT: I googled Pretty Lights and google says playing at 7pm on Friday and that's a Saturday act so.
    Last edited by iamclassic; 12-03-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    Wouldn't that be really early to start? Huh. EDIT: I googled Pretty Lights and google says playing at 7pm on Friday and that's a Saturday act so.
    I was guessing that was BS lol. Oh well. Tuesday we should know for sure. EDIT: Or maybe google knows something we don't?
    Last edited by streetman; 12-03-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I was guessing that was BS lol. Oh well. Tuesday we should know for sure. EDIT: Or maybe google knows something we don't?
    Are you for sure going? I'd love to meet up with some ETS people !

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Did you go to any other shows this year? I've never been to a NIN show, let alone a festival.
    I went to Riot Fest. But the plane ticket was so cheap, I had to do it. Does anyone want to meet up before it? I have a lot of time before/after the show. I'd love to meet some other fans.

EDIT: I get in about noon to Houston airport on Saturday and then I leave about 10pm on Sunday. So I got time to hang out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Are you for sure going? I'd love to meet up with some ETS people !
    Definitely!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Do you guys think there will be some surprises at the Houston show? Or will it go according to the shows they've already done?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Do you guys think there will be some surprises at the Houston show? Or will it go according to the shows they've already done?
    I'm hoping there is more of a light show than this tour has been, since it's at a lights festival.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm hoping there is more of a light show than this tour has been, since it's at a lights festival.
    Same here. Really hoping they give us a taste of what's to come next year and step it up a bit. Would be amazing to close out the year that way.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I just want to hear Branches/Bones again!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I just want to hear Branches/Bones again!
    Is it that much better live?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    yes. yes it is. Those live drums add a ton of life to the song. The screams are pretty intense too.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That video doesn't do it justice, the song is absolutely FACE MELTING in person.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    That video doesn't do it justice, the song is absolutely FACE MELTING in person.
    Can't wait to experience that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    NIN plays from 9:30-11:00. Was really hoping we might get a 2 hours setlist...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    NIN plays from 9:30-11:00. Was really hoping we might get a 2 hours setlist...
    Well at least there's nobody following them on that stage and no curfew(maybe?). That should eliminate the chance of a Soundgarden style run over resulting in 1 less encore song.

Linky:
    https://dayfornight.io/schedule/dec-17

I'm happy Phantogram, St. Vincent, and Thom Yorke don't overlap Saturday. Would've liked to see Tyler the Creator Sunday but we all know that isn't going to happen now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    TY playing on the blue stage makes me nervous. May have to skip St. V.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'll never forgive myself for not making plans to go to this festival mooonths ago before other plans got in the way. D': I hope everyone has an amazing time. Gonna have to go next year, NIN or not.

I also echo the statements that I'm hoping for a stellar light production for this show. If it were to happen anywhere, I'd think it would happen there.