Thread: Bikes & Biking

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Bikes & Biking

I bought my first road bike last summer, a 1987 Miyata 112. I rode for a couple of months before moving to a new neighborhood. Fast forward a year later, I brought it out of the basement to ride. A few weeks after that I got in trouble with the law. I've been riding like a madman out of necessity ever since, but when all is said and done I've been doing it more so for fun. A great way to get out of the house (and stay out), and the exercise is a mega bonus. I've really taken to it. Super addicting. I wish I started before turning 30.

My most lengthy ride so far was 42 miles with an hour stop at the destination. My most beast ride yet was 36 miles with more hills than I feel like I should be attempting, and going essentially nonstop (while stuck in 10th gear because of issues). I'm going to buy a noseless seat in the near future... :|

Currently the ride is in the shop for a tune-up (front brake and gear adjustment), and it will have some cool purple handlebar wrap when it's done (trying to shed all the exquisite red it came with).

If anyone here is also on Strava, PM me and let's connect.
    Last edited by Amaro; 09-16-2017 at 10:24 AM.