Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Saying "thank you" to Mr. Reznor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Saying "thank you" to Mr. Reznor

Hello,

1.I am new here.
    2.I have looked for a similiar thread, but haven`t found one.
    3.NIN`s music means a lot to me.
    4.Since this site is officially the biggest site in the Internet for NIN fans, I came here to ask for an advice:

Could you - users, advice me on saying "thank you" to Trent?
    What I mean is having a way for him to actually now about it.

His (and other members of NIN ) work means a lot to me; really lot.

How can I say "thank you" and let him know it?

With best wishes form Poland,

Piotr

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    He's here and has an account. I'm sure he lurks without logging in here from time to time as well.

So thank him here. He may see it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    He's here and has an account. I'm sure he lurks without logging in here from time to time as well.

So thank him here. He may see it.
    I can picture him sneaking onto the internet at like 3 in the morning, his wife yelling at him to come to bed.

"you know what happens when you start reading that stuff!"

TR has always seemed like the closeted obsessive insomniac type.

we love you @teitan

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    "Sweetie, I just got up to get a mango LaCroix, I'm not logging onto ETS, I promise.

Did they ship those fucking components out yet or...?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hello

Thank you very much for such a quick and positive feedback.
    So Mr. Reznor is a visitor here from time to time.

Good.

Here goes my "thank you" to him:

Dear Mr. Trent Reznor,

First of all, I am grateful.
    I am grateful for all your music created and shared – with us, casual listeners and fans, throughout your lifetime.
    I am aware of many musicians that worked with you on it, like (in alphabetical order of names):
    Aaron North | Adrian Belew | Alessandro Cortini | Alex Carapetis | Atticus Ross | Charlie Clouser
    | Chris Vrenna | Danny Lohner | David Haymes |Eric Avery |Gary Talpas |Ilan Rubin |James Woolley |Jeff Ward |Jeordie White |Jerome Dillon |Josh Eustis |Josh Freese |Justin Meldal-Johnsen |
    Lee Mars |Lisa Fischer |Nick Rushe |Pino Palladino |Rich Fownes |Richard Patrick |Robin Finck |
    Ron Musarra |Sharlotte Gibson - and I am gratefull to all of them for their contribution in making Nine Inch Nails what it is as a musical, sensual experience. Thank you.

Yet, I would like to thank especially you for it – all of it.
    All the sound, the lyrics and the soul of Nine Inch Nails.
    I am not sure, how do you perceive your work – in any ways, I respect it.
    It`s your – amazing, piece of art. Nine Inch Nails means a lot to me.

Since I listen to it (it`s 8 years now, and I`m 26 in 2017), I feel that I belong to somewhere safe.
    I feel as I never was alone in this world – a feeling that I had for the most of my lifetime.

So, it comes down to this:

Thank you for this feeling, Mr. Reznor.
    Thank you for creating music.

I wish you what you need, what you want and the best of health.

All I ask – a simple thing really, is that you let me know, that you got the message.
    It would mean a lot to me to know, that you know.

If only you could write “I know, Peter” – or something like that, that would sooth my heart.

With best wishes from Poland, your fan

Peter

PS We would love to hear NIN Live in Poland again
    Last edited by Peter PL; 08-24-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ¡Gracias Señor "Rezzo"!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    That's a very nice thank you note you wrote, @Peter PL .

In my opinion, here are other ways to say thank you to an artist:

Buy their music.
    Talk about them to your friends who don't know them.
    Follow them on social media and share their posts to help promote them.
    Go to the shows (if possible, if course) and buy their merchandise.
    Find fellow fans and interact with them (you've found us already so it's good).

Also: try to find other fans from Poland, bring them all together and try to make noise about your liking of NIN. If you show that Poland fans really want to see NIN live, who knows? Sometimes wishes do come true.

Best of luck!

ps ETS: what's a "teitan"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    That's a very nice thank you note you wrote, @Peter PL .

In my opinion, here are other ways to say thank you to an artist:

Buy their music.
    Talk about them to your friends who don't know them.
    Follow them on social media and share their posts to help promote them.
    Go to the shows (if possible, if course) and buy their merchandise.
    Find fellow fans and interact with them (you've found us already so it's good).

Also: try to find other fans from Poland, bring them all together and try to make noise about your liking of NIN. If you show that Poland fans really want to see NIN live, who knows? Sometimes wishes do come true.

Best of luck!

ps ETS: what's a "teitan"?
    Hello there!

I have read your post carefully. Thank you for great advices

As for contacting other Polish NIN fans-would you believe me that I didn`t thought about it?

Mainly because I quite busy - honestly busy, not just sitting in front of something random and breathing.

By the way:

- I but their music from legal sources
    - I spread the word among the unaware
    - I go to the shows whenever possible, even close-abroad ones

Extra: I would like to share with you my personal definition of NIN. As often, I do realise it may mean pure nothing to somebody, but it`s just my poin of view.

So: NIN`s the physical form (I refer to sonic vibrations) to many kind of emotions.

Best wishes,

Piotr

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I miss the old NIN forums where Trent actually used to "talk" to us. Even if it was just a marketing tool, it worked on me because I bought 20 NIN albums. I made my contribution to his kids' college fund.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure TR knows we appreciate what he does when he see's us losing our collective shit trying to work out maths equations to album covers (and the effort some of us go to to attend live shows for the 10th time), but he might see this while lurking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I'm pretty sure TR knows we appreciate what he does when he see's us losing our collective shit trying to work out maths equations to album covers (and the effort some of us go to to attend live shows for the 10th time), but he might see this while lurking
    Hello. I appreciate your comment. I hope so. By the way, It`s a shame that NIN was in Poland only two times since NIN era begun.

THE WAY THEY PERFORM IS SOMETHING BEYOND WORDS FOR ME, AND I WRITE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’ve had gone over a thousand of ways to say thank you to you and nothing sounds right. If I had the time we’d be here all day and I know you have more important things to do with your time then read a fan’s nearly endless list of thank you’s. So here’s the short list. Thank you for your music. It truly has helped me get through the best of times and the worst of times. Thank you for being the weird, creative mad genius that you are. Thank you for having common sense in a world where it’s slowly fading away. Thank you for for being awesome. Thank you for kicking off your North America tour in my backyard. To date, the first night in Phoenix was the best concert experience I’ve had in my life. Physical was the icing on the cake for me. I didn’t expect you to play one of my favorite songs and it was a joy to be in front row on the rails almost in front of you. Best concert ever in my book. I wish you and yours are always blessed, well loved and happy for all of your life. Thank you Mr. Reznor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dear Trent Reznor,

I do do not know how else to say what I am about to say without repeating what hundreds of thousands of fans say. But if by chance you are reading this I want to tell you what your music means to me. I feel it, deep in my soul. I cry when I listen to your instrumentals. I scream along when I hear your lyrics. I’ve dealt with abuse, suicidal ideology, severe depression, anxiety and other random dark places. I’ve been in dark, dark places and I feel like your music explores those dark places but always helps me come out of that dark corner. With each song a different feeling. I found you at 14. I’m 34 now. Your music speaks to me and it is a remedy to me. I haven’t found any other music that connects to me physically and emotionally and fulfills me. Thank you endlessly. One day I hope to shake your hand and maybe get a personalized autograph on a poster or on The Fragile Vinyl. That album saved me in my darkest time. Maybe I can have a cup of coffee with you. Just to share a moment, connect to the person, mastermind that created the soundtrack to my life.

Thank you
    -Sheena