Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: ADD VIOLENCE Physical Component

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got DISORDER, DISORDER, SUBMISSION.

That serial number though. Looks like a password.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Google "product lookup by serial number". I was trying to find what could be up with the unique serial numbers and the first result is pretty funny...

The liner notes specifically say "WorldIntegrationAndExecution _42 Entertainment" so yeah, there's more to this than meets the eye. Also, has anyone else noticed that the block labels are actually stickers? Kinda cool.

I still think this is something. It's just too good. Do you really think this would have been the top result two months ago?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got my package today.:

DEVIANCE, DISORDER, SELF-AWARENESS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My package included the word "YES" printed between my name and street number.

Should I be looking into that?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Finally arrived home and opened the package. Haven't delved into the minutiae, but my replacement labels are: ANXIETY, SUBMISSION, & EMPATHY.

Is there a tally of the various label options?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I got mine yesterday, PRESENCE, ANXIETY, AMPLIFY CHAOS were my stickers.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Is there a tally of the various label options?
    Yeah, I started collecting 'em in a post on the first page here: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...337#post371337

At this point I'm guessing it's a pretty sure thing that there's just the nine labels. TR does seem to like doing customizations in groups of three (sticker packs from The Slip, NTAE variants...) I think we've only seen two NTAE inner slipcovers, though?

There was a post on reddit some time ago from someone who claimed to have gotten a plastic label with "20500" on it, which happens to be the White House zipcode, but I didn't personally believe that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I got my PC today. I just opened it and I LOVE IT!

My labels:

DEVIANCE, AMPLIFY CHAOS, SUBMISSION.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Q: out of curiosity did anyone create an acct with Reznorhvac in order to research their Model and Serial number(s)?
    If so, what were the results of the research?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Legerdemain View Post
    I still think this is something. It's just too good. Do you really think this would have been the top result two months ago?
    Does seem far too good to be nothing.

Just in case anyone missed the connection between NIN and this REZNORHVAC that is the top hit when Googling "product lookup by serial number", the REZNORHVAC company was started in Mercer Pennsylvania (where TR is from) by George Reznor, who Trent Reznor is a descendant of. It is pretty interesting that it pops up top hit, and seems way too close to be simply coincidence. Unless of course the person who originally suggested the search phrase did so already knowing that the REZNORHVAC website existed and had seen that wording on the site. In that case it's more creating strong connections where there were really just loose ties. I'm inclined to say it deserves more attention though.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    SUBMISSION, DISORDER, AMPLIFY CHAOS.

I'm not entirely sure what this is all leading up to yet, but I'm REALLY liking what reading this manual is making me think of and feel. 10/10 would pay actual money for a functioning machine to play with (looking at you, physical component #3)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    has anyone noticed in the Component Discriptions, #16 Self Aware Substructure Counter apperars twice, on Fig.02 (at the bottom) and on Fig.03 (at the top).
    an accidental typo?

on a side note, if this has been touched upon before, my apologies
    do each of these machines oversee/control how much Self-Awareness is allowed to be achieved by the inhabitant/inhabitants of a/the simulation.
    this would also show that all simulations are very unique, unless you have 2, and are running identical setups

its looking like a big part of this surrounds Self-Awareness in general, from what i have been told in the past by psychotherapists, Self-Awareness is a very personal "thing" everyone has their own steps to the understanding self-knowledge.
    its about identifying your needs, feelings, habits, desires and what makes you tick, these include all your positive and negative aspects of your personality
    Last edited by [parasite]; 08-23-2017 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    SUBMISSION, DISORDER, AMPLIFY CHAOS.

I'm not entirely sure what this is all leading up to yet, but I'm REALLY liking what reading this manual is making me think of and feel. 10/10 would pay actual money for a functioning machine to play with (looking at you, physical component #3)
    Let's not push it...they had enough trouble delivering vinyl discs to people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    Q: out of curiosity did anyone create an acct with Reznorhvac in order to research their Model and Serial number(s)?
    If so, what were the results of the research?
    Or even just search for their serial number on the site?

http://www.reznorhvac.com/en/na/serials

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davefeeder View Post
    Or even just search for their serial number on the site?

http://www.reznorhvac.com/en/na/serials
    I just did a search with my serial number from the AV PC.

Nothing.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the reznor HVAC company was started by a relative of trent's, but the family no longer owns the business. there is ZERO chance it has anything to do with this, i promise.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    has anyone noticed in the Component Discriptions, #16 Self Aware Substructure Counter apperars twice, on Fig.02 (at the bottom) and on Fig.03 (at the top).
    an accidental typo?

on a side note, if this has been touched upon before, my apologies
    do each of these machines oversee/control how much Self-Awareness is allowed to be achieved by the inhabitant/inhabitants of a/the simulation.
    this would also show that all simulations are very unique, unless you have 2, and are running identical setups

its looking like a big part of this surrounds Self-Awareness in general, from what i have been told in the past by psychotherapists, Self-Awareness is a very personal "thing" everyone has their own steps to the understanding self-knowledge.
    its about identifying your needs, feelings, habits, desires and what makes you tick, these include all your positive and negative aspects of your personality
    16 is on both pages because the description of 16 spills over. Also, there are at least 16 panels (A through P), all of which seem to control an aspect of a single simulation/scenario.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    16 is on both pages because the description of 16 spills over. Also, there are at least 16 panels (A through P), all of which seem to control an aspect of a single simulation/scenario.
    ok. thanks for clearing that up. didn't think about it like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I received my bundle on Monday. Replacement labels were SUBMISSION, ANXIETY, and EMPATHY.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    deviance
    self awareness
    anxiety

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    i missed out on the ntae pc so i was extra excited to snag one of these before they run out

Empathay Anxiety Submission

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    i missed out on the ntae pc so i was extra excited to snag one of these before they run out

Empathay Anxiety Submission
    Nice montage of shots actually!

Unfortunately, I missed NTAE PC too. I really want to have this one, to have complet of stuff relating to EP trilogy - Probably not possible yet...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who is reading this book (Max Tegmark's Our Mathematical Universe) because of the AVPC? I haven't got to the part with the SAS references (it's near the end) because I want to understand the context of the book and the other pieces that go with it.

So far all I can say is I am very thankful that my previous reading lists included Michio Kaku and Richard Feynman.

I went down a rabbit hole after reading this wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathem...rse_hypothesis and haven't looked back since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    Am I the only one who is reading this book (Max Tegmark's Our Mathematical Universe) because of the AVPC? I haven't got to the part with the SAS references (it's near the end) because I want to understand the context of the book and the other pieces that go with it.

So far all I can say is I am very thankful that my previous reading lists included Michio Kaku and Richard Feynman.

I went down a rabbit hole after reading this wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathem...rse_hypothesis and haven't looked back since.
    I think it's amazing for how much knowledge this brings us to.
    Doesn't metter if there is ARG or isn't...
    That is exactly thing which is so nice about this.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Anyone looking to trade tags? I'm on my fifth PC and I've gotten the same fucking three every single time...

Would like the other 6..feel free to PM me to make a deal. I'm assuming other people have ordered multiple and have similar situations.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Anyone looking to trade tags? I'm on my fifth PC and I've gotten the same fucking three every single time...

Would like the other 6..feel free to PM me to make a deal. I'm assuming other people have ordered multiple and have similar situations.
    Indeed - I'm going to be looking to do the same, though I'm still waiting for my third PC to show up before I send out requests. (I assume that the Marketplace forums may be a better venue for that, too.) Unfortunately the two that I have so far contained those three that you've got multiple copies of. I wonder if those'll turn out to be the most common tags.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just wondering, did you purchase the same format for all of them (WAV, FLAC, or MP3), or did you select a variety of file types?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnilimbO View Post
    Just wondering, did you purchase the same format for all of them (WAV, FLAC, or MP3), or did you select a variety of file types?
    Variety of selections and in different orders and with one in the $50 bundle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post

I might give it a read, but it appears to be real abstract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Variety of selections and in different orders and with one in the $50 bundle.
    Damn... that's some terrible luck. And I was about to grab another.