Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Background World

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Play it live with an accelerated decay 15 loop version of the outtro then ramp into Great Destroyer
    I think that idea would work better with "Vessel" tbh. They could easily make the static distortion match up with the beginning of that song. Plus it fits pretty well thematically.

Or... HOLY SHIT, what if they timed the repeating distortion noise to segue seamlessly into the beginning of "In This Twilight" dude. That would work sooo well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope trent releases the multitracks... a remix over over 60 minutes could be interesting

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    yesterday i drove back from a long day festival with a great line up. my car was full (5 persons) and i had the urge to play add violence. i needed to play it low volume/background. it still sounded great. and again for me 'the background world' is getting a classic, with the 52 loops. those loops kept in my head till this morning when i woke up.
    now, .... this ep needs a sabbatical, otherwise it'll be spoiled. i need to keep this ep excited....listening to it periodically.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I don't get shivers with music much anymore, but today with this song I did, magnificient. Also, it was the first time I wanted the loop to continue even deeper... :-)

So, as we hear something in "the loop" which is probably not there anymore, trying to hold on the memory, we see the world outside because we expect it to be there, as we remember it? :-)

Also, I can imagine the vinyl pressing plant returning the master because of "obvious terrible mastering issue". ;-)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You know, if there is the lyric "behind the background world," perhaps the song should have been called "The Background Background World."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I posted once in another thread, but this song is driving me nuts. There is so much going on in the background/in reverse (mirrored).

If you listen to the song backwards, the question "Are you sure?" is still asked as are the words "Fade Away"

I also have no idea what this crowd of people are saying https://soundcloud.com/xiamclassic/bgworldnoise .
    Last edited by iamclassic; 10-30-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    This thread has made me listen to this song on repeat while at work. So glad I had the pleasure of hearing this song performed live in Vegas...

I get chills the moment TR sings "THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks! Saved me the effort

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is this song gonna become the new "The best part about life is"?