Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Knife / Fever Ray - Discussion

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really dug the new version of WYMLWBB.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah, the new version of "Without You..." is really good - very fun track (and music video)! The accompanying EP is good, too. Some solid remixes. It's on Spotify!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well....what else needs to be said.

The Knife are breaking up. Next tour will be the last.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Well....what else needs to be said.
    It could be said that Pitchfork should have had someone who was familiar with the Kinfe be the one to write that article up. "In their post on their site this morning, the Knife offered the following cryptic message" could probably also be written as "In their post on their site this morning, the Knife quoted lyrics from their song 'Without You My Life Would Be Boring', the track from which their latest album takes its name."

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Well, I'm really bummed I never got to see them live. One of the most creative bands out there as far as I'm concerned, definitely going to be missed. Maybe that means there'll be more Fever Ray, though, which I'm all for.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    thank you for the many years of making, sharing and touring music.

you take my breath away

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    As much as I love The Knife, I'm 100% okay with them breaking up if that means that I get another Fever Ray album. I liked that project more than The Knife, as it was.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    karin has said in multiple interviews that if she did another solo project it most likely will not be fever ray, but a completely new thing. she has also said how touring as fever ray would never happen again because it wasnt fun to perform in a room with people who didnt move or dance at all and that it wasnt fulfilling for her so to speak. i love fever ray too, but i dont think its going to happen imho as much as id love to see another album under that project

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So I managed to get tickets to their show in Manchester toward the end of their run in the UK. I'm mad excited about this, really can't wait. What do they sell merch wise, anything out of the ordinary?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    So I managed to get tickets to their show in Manchester toward the end of their run in the UK. I'm mad excited about this, really can't wait. What do they sell merch wise, anything out of the ordinary?
    When I saw them in oakland they had the worst merch I have ever seen. The shirts were like bright yellow or blue and really had nothing to do with the knife, infact I don't even think they said the knife or anything related to them any where on the shirts slash hoodies slash other weird stuff. I'm all for weird stuff but I believe the merchandise was about equal rights for all sexual orientations. Maybe Im dead wrong, but I thought the designs and everything about the merch was complete crap

Now for the show, it was 95 percent pre recorded, and extremely bizarre which is cool, if they were actually playing their instruments or really singing. As a knife fan I thought that was a kick in the nuts after paying money to see them them. Many people loved the show for what it is, I personally can't get passed that.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    When I saw them in oakland they had the worst merch I have ever seen. The shirts were like bright yellow or blue and really had nothing to do with the knife, infact I don't even think they said the knife or anything related to them any where on the shirts slash hoodies slash other weird stuff. I'm all for weird stuff but I believe the merchandise was about equal rights for all sexual orientations. Maybe Im dead wrong, but I thought the designs and everything about the merch was complete crap

Now for the show, it was 95 percent pre recorded, and extremely bizarre which is cool, if they were actually playing their instruments or really singing. As a knife fan I thought that was a kick in the nuts after paying money to see them them. Many people loved the show for what it is, I personally can't get passed that.
    Yea, see I've read plenty about it so have an idea what to expect. I like the idea that it's different, it's not gonna be the same as an average show. As far as merch goes I kinda envisaged it being lots of bright colours and possibly slightly cheesy designs and stuff. I'm kinda hoping they might have some stuff for sale in terms of CD's or vinyl that I won't have bought by that point [I'm gradually working my way through their discography!] so I can buy a few bits directly from them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, saw The Knife last night. Absolutely brilliant, really enjoyed their set. Pretty varied, got a few from Silent Shout, a few from Shaking the Habitual and Pass This On. I'll pull together the full setlist later. Merch was disappointing tho, a t-shirt a few posters and the albums on vinyl. They had the Shaken Up Versions CD listed but didn't have any, so I've ordered that and the vinyl off their webstore. Didn't manage to get any decent photos but there were a few around me who did so I'm hoping I'll find them on the internet later. Genuinely brilliant show tho.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    So, saw The Knife last night. Absolutely brilliant, really enjoyed their set. Pretty varied, got a few from Silent Shout, a few from Shaking the Habitual and Pass This On. I'll pull together the full setlist later. Merch was disappointing tho, a t-shirt a few posters and the albums on vinyl. They had the Shaken Up Versions CD listed but didn't have any, so I've ordered that and the vinyl off their webstore. Didn't manage to get any decent photos but there were a few around me who did so I'm hoping I'll find them on the internet later. Genuinely brilliant show tho.
    wait, you're disappointed in the merch even though they had all the albums on vinyl, plus a t-shirt and posters? when i saw them all they had were several horrible t-shirts and no vinyl. i would have been so much happier to pick up the vinyl directly from them at a show rather than ordering it off amazon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Only in the sense that I was disappointed I couldn't buy the stuff I wanted- I already own all the albums on vinyl and CD. I meant more that there wasn't stuff for me to buy, if you didn't already own this stuff it would have been a brilliant merch stand. Purely selfish standpoint. Seen lots of people on Facebook complaining cos it wasn't all live, I tend to think if you've read anything about their live performances in the last 12 months you ought to be aware there's a good chance that could happen. Can understand why you'd be disappointed but it's not like it wasn't known before the tickets went on sale!

As an aside, it had passed me by completely that Shaken Up Versions had a physical release. They played We Share Our Mothers Health, Silent Shout and Bird Shaken Up Versions last night... All were fantastic

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    http://www.thefader.com/2016/02/12/t...sary-interview

New interview with Karin & Olof - Silent Shout is ten years old this year!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    HAPPY 10th BDAY!

In the interview above they talk about how their older music sounds dated, but I think Silent Shout holds up remarkably well and doesn't sound nearly as dated as most things coming from the mid 00's. And its super cool to read abt the analog processes used to make SS that i think help it hold up to this day. We Share Our Mothers Health was the first SS track I heard in '08 and I still think that single could be well received today for example.

Karin mentions the theatre work they has done recently, but there at least 2 or more different ones they has worked on over the last 5 years. I truly hope they release Karin's instrumental theatre work in some physical medium, or at least give us the instrumental version of Fever Ray in the meantime!

Anyway heres a photo of when I met The Knife and Co before seeing them front row in Chicago nearly 2 years ago - still waiting for that tour documentary!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Live at Terminal 5:

https://theknife.net/new-york

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Live at Terminal 5:

https://theknife.net/new-york
    This any good? I didn't go to any of the shows on that tour, but that trailer makes it look kind of... obnoxious? Loved the last album.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    This any good? I didn't go to any of the shows on that tour, but that trailer makes it look kind of... obnoxious? Loved the last album.
    i saw them in chicago on this tour and it was amazing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i saw them in chicago on this tour and it was amazing.
    same. never danced and moved so much - one of the best shows i've ever been too!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Fever Ray is teasing something on Twitter, Facebook, and on her site.

Call Karma Kinksters
    Felling Lonely Tonight?
    Call +46 (0) 722 96 82 08

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Insider Info: there will be more FR stuff coming later throughout this week (and possibly next) - be on the lookout!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    Insider Info: there will be more FR stuff coming later throughout this week (and possibly next) - be on the lookout!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

holy fucking shit!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Great news!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Best news in a while. That self-titled album stays in constant rotation and is easily in my top 10 albums of all time.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This been posted yet?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Holy shit. itshappening.gif

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Can't believe this is finally happening. Guessing Plunge will be the title?