Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Knife / Fever Ray - Discussion

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I see this wasn't posted. Considering they said that they didn't think there'd be a new album, I think it makes much more sense as to why they went all out.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    ALBUM OF THE YEAR HOLY FUCKIN SHIT. I just heard it, my fucking god this is a mind fuck. so fucking amazing. if you don't get this then you are an idiot. Not to sound douchey with all the cursing but I really don't know what else to say but say holy motherfuck
    Last edited by Rdm; 04-29-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    ALBUM OF THE YEAR HOLY FUCKIN SHIT. I just heard it, my fucking god this is a mind fuck. so fucking amazing. if you don't get this then you are an idiot. Not to sound douchey with all the cursing but I really don't know what else to say but say holy motherfuck
    Calm down, fanboy. Shaking the Habitual is disappointment of the year.

STH is like Silent Shout without great melodies, basslines, beats, vocals, songs.

We'll see in 1-2 years who will still listen this rubbish album.
    Last edited by deepblue; 04-29-2013 at 07:57 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deepblue View Post
    Calm down, fanboy. Shaking the Habitual is disappointment of the year.

STH is like Silent Shout without great melodies, basslines, beats, vocals, songs.

We'll see in 1-2 years who will still listen this rubbish album.
    i completely disagree with you. i feel like shaking the habitual took the direction in which they were going with silent shout, added in some fever ray flare, and then just kept going. it's perfect. i literally would not change a thing about the album.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I agree with eversonpoe, I wouldn't change a thing either. It's an exhausting and demanding listen but I think that's why I love the record so much. I'm not sure if it's album of the year material for me just yet, but I do know of all the records that I've heard this year...this is for sure in the top five somewhere. It's really good.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    I'd tried The Kinfe out in the past because people were so so excited about them, and I don't know which songs/albums in particular I'd listened to but none of them did it for me, I couldn't understand it. (Blasphemy, I know!) And then that remix on YZR came out, and... it was even more terrible.

However, I gave Shaking the Habitual a go and am totally sold. It reminds me of post-"Loves Secret Domain" Coil, a la Further Down the Spiral. It's not music for every occasion, but I was really taken by this album. The album artwork is terrible, but the music is a treasure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I'd tried The Kinfe out in the past because people were so so excited about them, and I don't know which songs/albums in particular I'd listened to but none of them did it for me, I couldn't understand it. (Blasphemy, I know!) And then that remix on YZR came out, and... it was even more terrible.

However, I gave Shaking the Habitual a go and am totally sold. It reminds me of post-"Loves Secret Domain" Coil, a la Further Down the Spiral. It's not music for every occasion, but I was really taken by this album. The album artwork is terrible, but the music is a treasure.
    Give "Silent Shout" another chance. This album is really great.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Anyone seen the footage from their current tour? The live show looks ridiculous. But in the best way possible. Apparently like half of the show is just playback on the PA while a group of aerobics dancers dressed like an 80s Richard Simmons tape do aerobics routines on stage. Also the merch booth doubles as a bookstore.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I had to buy the album last night. 40 dollars. ouch.. totally worth it though it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I think it's an amazing record. I like the fact that it's a bit dense and out there. There needs to be more music like this that is willing to challenge listeners.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    This album is truly amazing. Listened to it on my record player and it sounds superior than digital . Seriousy guys this is special .

The vinyl sounds better than my sennheiser head phone's. however my set up it pretty good, but I would like get 150 watt speakers. My amp pushes so much power

Also, I think the artwork is pretty amazing. Im so satisfied with this year, has to be the best year I lived through for music. We still got the national and boards of canada .
    Last edited by Rdm; 05-01-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    OK, for me the new album was difficult to get into. Admittedly, I haven't heard it in good conditions so far, but still, it didn't sound like something I would be enjoying much.

BUT...after seeing them live in Primavera Sound Festival in Barcelona, my mind was blown. They played most of (if not all) the Shaking the Habitual album + Silent Shout (the song) at the end. It was fucking amazing. The music, the scene setup and the dancers, oh the dancers! They gave life to the songs. And the crowd was loving it. One of the best musical experiences of my life.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Old Dreams Waiting to be Realized, definitely doesn't get enough love. It's extremely abstract, but so well done. It reminds of the NASA Voyager recordings (12, 30 minute recordings of the electromagnetic spectrum of the actual planets and their moons, run through a radio receiver).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    The vinyl sounds better than my sennheiser head phone's
    Does not compute

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    This album is going to be like those Velvet Underground records that nobody gave a shit about or panned when they dropped, and then 50 years later people are all up on their nuts.
    Except that this album isn't flying under the radar at all. It's one of the best reviewed albums of the year on Metacritic.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The Knife - Discussion

First listen and this is freaking me out. A lot going on!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Raging Lung is the next single off STH and its getting a vinyl release soon! Also, The Knife's self titled debut (2001) is getting released on vinyl for the 1st time in late Oct early Nov. Amazon and Insound are currently taking pre orders. Still hoping for a Shaking the Habitual tour in the states. They recently cancelled a couple shows because they are working on new show elements etc so one can hope they will tour more.

My Knife Collection:

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Shaking the Habitual is my first taste of The Knife although I've heard about them for years. Their sound is a little different to me but I like it. I think I prefer Iamamiwhoami better, but you can't really compare the both of them.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: The Knife - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I think I prefer Iamamiwhoami better, but you can't really compare the both of them.
    then why did you? I would definitely recommend checking out silent shout before definitively stating iamami is better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    then why did you? I would definitely recommend checking out silent shout before definitively stating iamami is better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Idk...Because they are both from the same neck of the woods?????

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    finally have all the main albums (and a few goodies at the bottom)

Silent Shout (Focus)
    Last edited by hologram parade; 12-05-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    THE KNIFE ARE GOING TO TOUR NORTH AMERICA

dates/venues etc coming next week!

…nature and culture, audience and artist, blood family and chosen family, dance and action, a Buchla and bongo and the sound of a hit and a kiss

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    tickets are selling out fast with most of the pre sales gone already. was lucky enough to snag tickets for the aragon ballroom show! feeling #blessed

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Just noticed shaking the habitual is cc by-nc-sa

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    tickets are selling out fast with most of the pre sales gone already. was lucky enough to snag tickets for the aragon ballroom show! feeling #blessed
    yeah, i managed to snag presale tickets. haven't spent that much on tickets in a while, but i'm really excited!!! even though the aragon is the worst big venue in chicago (next to the congress).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    the show in chicago was amazing. easily one of the best concerts ive ever been to. was the first one in the building and a 225pm cst dreams came true when i met karin and olof heading into the venue for soundcheck

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i loved the show, as did my fiancee, but we were sitting up in the front of the balcony. all of my friends who went were down on the floor and said it was extremely overwhelming, and they also didn't like the performance in general. i personally thought it was brilliant, the choreography was awesome, and i didn't care that a lot of it was playback, because it was so interesting to watch. that said, i definitely preferred the first few songs where they were all actually playing instruments, but it wasn't any kind of deal-breaker for me. i'm really glad i went, and i'm really glad it was what it was. i would have been pretty bored if it was just karin and olof standing up there with laptops.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Shot this last night in Montreal

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)