Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54
Results 1,591 to 1,614 of 1614

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm disappointed, which I guess was kind of the point? I hope that someday we get the rest of the story, since we know that he had one in mind.

“I just pitched it to HBO two weeks ago in L.A. It went great. Ideally, we’re trying to get them to do a two-year limited series. I prefer that over a film. We would have a second ARG tying into the second album and ties into the series and they all happen together with a budget needed to pull that all off. There would be a tour down the road. The record completes the story, the ending that no one knows. I know what happens. I knew when I started it. And it’s not what people think. ”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is there any reason that he couldn't start the ARG at a later date? Say, in 2022...there's a sudden reference to an old download card that you got with a physical component. Time to go digging in your closet...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nihilmatters View Post
    Is there any reason that he couldn't start the ARG at a later date? Say, in 2022...there's a sudden reference to an old download card that you got with a physical component. Time to go digging in your closet...
    THAT is the one thing that bums me out about Bad Witch, no closure with that fucking number.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It seems clear to me that he meant the AV artwork was "IMPORTANT" because they put a lot of thought and detail and YZ-type references into it. That is how it was important. The physical components each had a serial number which made them seem very much like a real pamphlet for a simulation device that obviously doesn't exist. It's all still cool as hell, IMO. Fun red herrings.

I think the weirdest thing about the 'pseudo-ARG' is still the Schizophrenia's Diary webpage and the corresponding art design there...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have some theoretical ideas. I don’t know if anyone has thought of this. It’s just a guess, and nobody else would understand. Hopefully the image will post.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by assistingwithmyrevelation View Post
    Hopefully the image will post.
    (it didn't)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    I'm disappointed, which I guess was kind of the point? I hope that someday we get the rest of the story, since we know that he had one in mind.
    I am reminded of 1. Outside reading this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm taking the clues leading nowhere as a sort of message in itself, tied to the trilogy's conceptual conclusion.

The trilogy is asking what our purpose is, why we're here, etc, ultimately concluding with nothing. We're not here for a reason or to serve some higher power.

The clues are the same thing. They lead nowhere, there's no answers to our questions.

Hope I worded that properly.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The Leon Suites though. If there's a NIN equivalent of that.. well, it's the scraped idea they had that didn't feel right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Greetings again. I guess I don’t have permission to post images. Anyway, here is some of the HTDA/NIN ideas I had for Welcome Oblivion/Not The Actual Events/Add Violence/Bad Witch. I don’t know what I’m doing, but it’s never stopped me before. Keeping expectations low seems to make life a little better.

http://imgur.com/MEu0BZD

http://imgur.com/S7NHkif

http://imgur.com/6L92RMZ

http://imgur.com/LcB46aG

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As much as I want another ARG, perhaps this was just a simple example of how misinformation and fake news is spread around, creating an alternate "view" of reality and invoking anxiety on those living in it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Are you joking? You have to be.

Edit: not to the post above me; to the crazy person.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Dude.
    This has crossed my mind too.
    Trent is obviously pretty fucked up about the loss of DB (as am i: I have 1" blackstar plugs in my lobes as I write this) and he's paying homage to db left and right.

so I can't help but wonder if the outside thing went through his head when he decided to kind of not exactly wrap things up.

Perhaps he thought "I wanna do something different but then the trilogy wouldn't conclude in the way I originally planned...But wait! Bowie did it! so fuck it!"

it's also VERY Twin Peaks, isn't it?

At any rate, we'll creep together, you and i: for i know who the small friends are!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is there a general consensuses everyone has come to about the ADD VIOLENCE serial numbers? Are we just chalking it all up to be about an event that was not actually happening? It's genius marketing, but I feel as if there has to be some closure with them somewhere in the near future...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does ne1 know what the fingers are about? I’m trying to discover that answer too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How about I give you the finger, and you give me my phone call?
    http://imgur.com/a/NlISW7u
    Last edited by assistingwithmyrevelation; 06-27-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Threadkiller inc.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Threadkiller inc.
    You dig in places till your fingers bleed.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Does ne1 know what the fingers are about? I’m trying to discover that answer too.
    Humans have these digits, known as fingers, that extend from the hand. Trent Reznor himself has exactly 10 of them and he uses them to grasp, press, pluck, hold, and point at things on occasion. It's a strange phenomenon unique to the NIN world for sure. I think you might be on to something.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Humans have these digits, known as fingers, that extend from the hand. Trent Reznor himself has exactly 10 of them and he uses them to grasp, press, pluck, hold, and point at things on occasion. It's a strange phenomenon unique to the NIN world for sure. I think you might be on to something.
    You forgot his favorite things to with his fingers; dig and pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    This is especially good with your avatar.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The madman actually did it :

https://old.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...rick_road_aka/

and of course everything syncs perfectly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You need to add the other 4 songs. Hint: 3 of them are on the back of NTAE. The final song was played on one of the NOLA nights

Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    The madman actually did it :

https://old.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...rick_road_aka/

and of course everything syncs perfectly

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by toadflax View Post

GUYS I SAW THE VAN YESTERDAY!
    <- all caps
    Last edited by Toadflax; 04-22-2019 at 01:05 PM.