Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malashaan View Post
    I'd give good odds on there being something hidden in the Field on Fire video. I screwed around with some screencaps and you can certainly get a lot of different shapes out of it with processing. In particular, there often seems to be something different about the bottom of the image compared to the rest of it. I don't have any video processing software available though - I suspect it might require that to get anything meaningful out of it.
    I wonder if anyone tried to unscramble the video.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidEngineer View Post
    Not necessarily. If each box is its own panel, we only see part of the 2 next to it.
    True. I meant in terms of each separate piece being its own panel, which was the (a) working theory.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRanged691 View Post
    Can we focus on the lyrics for a second? After Trent repeats "I thought we had more time" he says "I thought we had...." and I can't make out the rest. Can anyone else try to figure out what he is saying?
    Sounds vaguely like "girl." Could be "Geralt."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "I thought we had more time" makes me think of the website written by a father to his child when The Presence was coming down all over the world. I think he called the baby Danny Jane because he didn't know if it was a boy or a girl? I'm trying to find the site and coming up with nothing. Does anyone else remember?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LESS THAN and THIS ISN'T THE PLACE both do not fade out, and are abruptly cut at the end. I wonder if this is a new theme they are exploring or if we're maybe dealing with Year Zero-like transmissions from the future that have been cut short due to interception.

Or maybe I'm looking too much into this. I am trying to believe.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So it's "Spare replacement labels"? Hmmmm.

Last edited by Xvostya; 07-18-2017 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Miss-typo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can we focus on the lyrics for a second? After Trent repeats "I thought we had more time" he says "I thought we had...." and I can't make out the rest. Can anyone else try to figure out what he is saying?
    i'm pretty sure he's saying "kill me" in his trenty prononciation (see with teeth title track), but i could be wrong

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Only just joining in after a bit of lurking so forgive me if anything I've mentioned has been called out. On the left side of the terminal I see ABSS written above an unlit light. Looking at Wikipedia I found an article about Agent Based Social Simulation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent-...ial_simulation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It seems to be three syllables. Fairly sure the last one is "ing" but could be "in." First letter sounds like a c or a g, hard to tell. Phonetically, the closest I hear is "gerrowing" (with a g sound as in "gut"), but I can't see any meaning in that, or anything close to it. It's one to ponder. I'm probably missing something obvious...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Not sure either.

https://imgur.com/a/utLcu
    Also, if you start playing with levels and bump up the greys and whites you can see the tape goes over the edge of the panel and it looks like it was added after the photo was taken:
    http://imgur.com/9ee28b1c-204c-8741-afc8-060aeadb7ab1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    "I thought we had more time" makes me think of the website written by a father to his child when The Presence was coming down all over the world. I think he called the baby Danny Jane because he didn't know if it was a boy or a girl? I'm trying to find the site and coming up with nothing. Does anyone else remember?
    https://web.archive.org/web/20070429...ofarrival.net/

Hour of Arrival

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malashaan View Post
    It seems to be three syllables. Fairly sure the last one is "ing" but could be "in." First letter sounds like a c or a g, hard to tell. Phonetically, the closest I hear is "gerrowing" (with a g sound as in "gut"), but I can't see any meaning in that, or anything close to it. It's one to ponder. I'm probably missing something obvious...
    I hear "care of me" or a similar 3 word phrase.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    Here's what I'm able to make out on the right panel...

4 lights (?) labeled Events: Nuclear, Meteorological, Geological, and Pandemic?
    The two knobs below... Knob #1: Off, Speculation, Extinction, Auto. Knob is set to extinction.
    Knob #2 Isolation, Community, competition, Aggression. Knob is set to Aggression.
    Two meters appear to be labeled Resource and Stress. I can't make out anything below them.
    The dial, as someone else already noted is labeled Tension.
    Them we have at least 3 sets of jacks that are connected to the Stress meter.
    At the very bottom, the only things I can make out are the labels for the knob which read Off, Predation, Coalition, and Auto. Next to that I can make out the word Canonical above the red and yellow lights.
    It is definitely Pandemic at the top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder what the new Cedocore drug Sotirivol does? Perhaps make the user more complacent to enable them to run the simulation without feeling?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Presence reaching through the simulation to wake them up?

Last edited by dividedsequence; 07-18-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fuchal View Post
    I hear "care of me" or a similar 3 word phrase.
    That's possible. "I thought we had more care of me" doesn't 100% work, but it's not total nonsense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vincenzomilione View Post
    i believe someone talked to a robert at LCW props...

edit:

jumped the gun there
    Robert Fagan is/was one of the head writers/producers for 42e. And judging by everything they did before and after year zero, nothing in the images, videos, etc. that have been or will be released are a mistake. They are all extremely meticulous, and adding him as a thank you in the video should be the tip off this is a full scale ARG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hiring The Nassal Company to fabricate just this device seems a bit like overkill to me. It's like hiring Maersk to move an apartment. There has to be more, a lot more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just a thought.
    Speaking of site names - last time they were all found days before the actual progress iirc - so maybe this time new domains will be registestered just days/hours before...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dividedsequence View Post
    I wonder what the new Cedocore drug Sotirivol does? Perhaps make the user more complacent to enable them to run the simulation without feeling?
    Let's pretend the powder in NTAE's physical component, is from Cedocore. Remember what is written on the sticker on the envelope. Probably some effects of the new Cedocore's drug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient View Post
    Hiring The Nassal Company to fabricate just this device seems a bit like overkill to me. It's like hiring Maersk to move an apartment. There has to be more, a lot more.
    Year Zero Theme Park! Come for the rides, stay for the churros

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xvostya View Post
    So it's "Spare management labels"? Hmmmm.

Spare *replacement* labels?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I went back to check the Burning Bright video and it's reminiscent of (from a lot of still screens) the square patterns found on the lyrics sheet for Branches/Bones from the physical component? But I've been stuck on that sheet ever since I figured out 'flies' and 'infinite' are blatantly misspelled ("infinite" as "in/nite" and "flies" as "ies")

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kode_name View Post
    Robert Fagan is/was one of the head writers/producers for 42e. And judging by everything they did before and after year zero, nothing in the images, videos, etc. that have been or will be released are a mistake. They are all extremely meticulous, and adding him as a thank you in the video should be the tip off this is a full scale ARG.
    Agreed! Every detail is important, and everything means something. We just have to figure it out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by apogee View Post
    Spare *replacement* labels?
    My bad, of course! Talked about management while typing and accidentally typed it >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Could the lyrics I thought we had forgiveness, just pronounced kind of stretched out?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lysergicengel View Post
    Could the lyrics I thought we had forgiveness, just pronounced kind of stretched out?
    Someone in the This Isn't the Place thread put forward that it might be "kill me" stretched out, perhaps referencing Eraser.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by izo View Post
    Someone in the This Isn't the Place thread put forward that it might be "kill me" stretched out, perhaps referencing Eraser.
    It just doesn't sound like "kill me." It's three syllables, and doesn't have a strong "ee" sound anywhere.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dividedsequence View Post
    Speaking of Cedocore - we still have no idea about "just a few of the quality products brought to you by the good people of Cedocore:

• Anphylox
    • Amproprax
    • Avoprem
    • Niraderm
    • Phenylpro
    • Prozira
    • Sariferm
    • Xarylax
    • Zalaflo
    • Zynacor"

Hmm. Only who? Intended for what?..

Last edited by Xvostya; 07-18-2017 at 01:37 PM. Reason: added sotirivol img