Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    is http://www.amplifychaos.com/ a fan site?

Looks like it was registered 4 days ago on the 14th (day after the Less Than release)

I tried to email the address at the bottom of the page but got an instant bounce back.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Broken's "secrets" is the 7"
    Fragile is going to be neat little musical fixes
    The Slip's I'm just gonna assume is the DVD
    The Slip's gonna be Strobelight instead.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neotribal View Post
    is http://www.amplifychaos.com/ a fan site?

Looks like it was registered 4 days ago on the 14th (day after the Less Than release)

I tried to email the address at the bottom of the page but got an instant bounce back.
    That can't be official...gotta be a fansite.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Add Violence Back Cover...ARG?

Well, I went to LCW Props, and here's the report. The van WAS there, and when I opened it, there was a stack of NIN vinyls inside INCLUDING Add Violence and the new definitive editions. There was also a note that read, "agent, keep these safe, and keep your head down." Then I went into the store, found the machine used for the photo, and the red journal was still tucked in next to it! It's a fucking complicated thing that references the dials and stats and has lots of handwritten notes that clearly relate to Year Zero. I'll try to scan these today.

Meanwhile, in our reality, of course none of that happened. No van, and it turns out LCW isn't even a store you can walk into. I opened the door to find a waiting room / reception area; it looks like you have to walk through offices just to get to the warehouse. I walked around the building just for fun, but of course nothing of note (other than some weird looking prop shit by the loading dock behind the place). Anyway, I came just because LCW looked like a cool place to explore, so it's a bummer I couldn't (without bugging employees and clearly tipping my hand in the process), but as expected, nothing to see here, folks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    That can't be official...gotta be a fansite.

Why to pay a .com domain just to redirect a page to ninstore and "answer questions" ?
    Weird.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Well, I went to LCW Props, and here's the report. The van WAS there, and when I opened it, there was a stack of NIN vinyls inside INCLUDING Add Violence and the new definitive editions. There was also a note that read, "agent, keep these safe, and keep your head down." Then I went into the store, found the machine used for the photo, and the red journal was still tucked in next to it! It's a fucking complicated thing that references the dials and stats and has lots of handwritten notes that clearly relate to Year Zero. I'll try to scan these today.

Meanwhile, in our reality, of course none of that happened. No van, and it turns out LCW isn't even a store you can walk into. I opened the door to find a waiting room / reception area; it looks like you have to walk through offices just to get to the warehouse. I walked around the building just for fun, but of course nothing of note (other than some weird looking prop shit by the loading dock behind the place). Anyway, I came just because LCW looked like a cool place to explore, so it's a bummer I couldn't (without bugging employees and clearly tipping my hand in the process), but as expected, nothing to see here, folks.
    I was just going to ask you to look for the tables/desks with blue paint drops... too late too late!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    I was reading up on Casa Grande, AZ (zip code 85122). Site of a japanese internment camp during WW2 which housed Pat Morita, as well as site of the Corona Satellite Calibration Targets during the Cold War. Coincidence perhaps, but interesting none the less.
    infected japanese?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Appreciate you going the literal extra mile to check it out, Toadflax.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post
    Why to pay a .com domain just to redirect a page to ninstore and "answer questions" ?
    Weird.
    Cyber squat? Shits and giggles?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzkrieg View Post

Weird.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for going and reporting back! Glad no one called the cops on you while you circled the building.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    Thanks for going and reporting back! Glad no one called the cops on you while you circled the building.
    Haha, no, it's a fairly busy area, so I wasn't suspicious. My black nail polish probably would've made me stick out like a sore thumb if I tried to play like I was just walking by and wanted to check the place out, though.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So pretty apparent at this point they forgot to remove the lat/long details, then once this place started getting inundated with calls T.Rez et al told them to respond with the all too familiar "soon" response.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Last edited by cdm; 07-18-2017 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">THIS ISN’T THE PLACE<a href="https://t.co/w3FlB0mMN1">https://t.co/w3FlB0mMN1</a></p>&mdash; nine inch nails (@nineinchnails) <a href="https://twitter.com/nineinchnails/status/887343133209395200">July 18, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    fuck i'm so glad this sounds different than less than, even though i liked less than.
    cedocore completely confirms the yz connection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just received the "This isn't the place" email...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    yeah, i went to cedocore.com and it redirected to 42 entertainment's web site.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Email through from NIN saying 'This isn't the place' with a picture of the knob that's half way between 'manual and 'add violence'.
    The mystery continues...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy control panels

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sotirivol.... new drug?
    Last edited by DRanged691; 07-18-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well we have the answer to one of my weeks questions from the new video: there are more modules in the simulation.
    Last edited by Malashaan; 07-18-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was Sotirivol a part of the original campaign that's just missing from the wiki for some bizarre reason?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Email through from NIN saying 'This isn't the place' with a picture of the knob that's half way between 'manual and 'add violence'.
    The mystery continues...
    and the image links to the video. hope to get a download asap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    special thanks to a theme park company.

are we looking at a new secret gig-ARG-style?

this might just be more immersive than we thought.

http://www.nassal.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRanged691 View Post
    Sotriviol.... new drug?
    Clearly a play on “so trivial”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Here's a print screen of the last second of the video in 4K where more equipment shows up. the original size can be found here: here

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    That's a different panel K. Multiple workstations multiple simulations, etc.?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    One of the knobs (on the right hand side) is labeled TENSION.