Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^
    Just two weeks for me, so I guess I'll be fine

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Nice to see Los Angeles getting some much deserved dates. They never get nin tours.
    Shockingly, Vegas doesn’t end this tour with thirty straight nights. There’s still time make that happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Thank God there's a World Cup starting tomorrow, which I'm gonna fully commit myself to for a time being.
    Something us here in the US don’t have to worry about, cuz our shitty team sucks. It’ll be casual viewing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I don't get too hung up on concerns over a "final tour." As long as a given artist is alive, and healthy, the possibility of a new tour is always out there. As noted in previous pages: LCD Soundsystem did the same thing and, well, they toured again. I can see Trent putting out music in various form (either solo, with HTDA or as NIN) and touring behind that work. Either way, I can't wait to see NIN in December!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    ^^^ On the other hand, Trent said they were inspired to do this tour by LCD Soundsystem, and they did the same kind of thing last year. I just looked it up, and LCD did TEN shows in Brooklyn and five in LA last year, so maybe nothing to worry about.
    where can I read this?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    There's zero...ZERO...chance that this type of touring with all the multiple dates in LA means that NIN is done or Trent is done touring. Even if there is an extended break after this tour, there will stil be plenty of NIN touring and music down the line. Chill out guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    where can I read this?
    It was in the recent Beats 1 interview but you can read what he said here.

https://www.spin.com/2018/05/nine-in...ndsystem-tour/

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    There's zero...ZERO...chance that this type of touring with all the multiple dates in LA means that NIN is done or Trent is done touring. Even if there is an extended break after this tour, there will stil be plenty of NIN touring and music down the line. Chill out guys.
    Who's being unchill? Only four people mentioned this, and they were all pretty chill about it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Oh yeah. It's tough because my wife does not like NIN. I mentioned the shows earlier, and she said I was already seeing them enough. So perhaps I can convince her to take this trip and we can go do other things and make it a fun trip for both of us.
    I can relate. My wife isn't a fan, but she tolerates me listening to NIN constantly and even (reluctantly) goes to their shows with me. She does like a couple of their songs (most notably Only and Copy of a), but I have tickets to all three of the Chicago shows now and she is only willing to go one of them. So I'll probably go with her Friday, go by myself Saturday (lame, I know), and sell the two Thursday tickets unless I can get someone else to join me. The shitty thing is that most of my friends aren't NIN fans. I have one friend who loves them (though not as much as I do, which to be fair is a LOT), but she moved to Oregon nine years ago, so unless NIN are playing a show in Portland that I can make it to, I usually have to drag my wife along.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Clearly not enough LA dates. In fact, they should take residency in Vegas and only play there like the Backstreet Boys and Celine.

All joking asides, I might get some scalper's tickets for Boston. Will decide at the end of the summer.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Clearly not enough LA dates. In fact, they should take residency in Vegas and only play there like the Backstreet Boys and Celine.

All joking asides, I might get some scalper's tickets for Boston. Will decide at the end of the summer.
    Vegas clearly wants a NIN residency

https://lasvegasweekly.com/ae/music/...gas-residency/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    ^^^ On the other hand, Trent said they were inspired to do this tour by LCD Soundsystem, and they did the same kind of thing last year. I just looked it up, and LCD did TEN shows in Brooklyn and five in LA last year, so maybe nothing to worry about.

LCD did about 25 in the span of a year in Brooklyn. You missed the early resideny they had when Brooklyn Steel opened. Then they tacked on the other 10 just cause.

I said they were gonna add 2 more, but ya thought it was somehow not gonna happen.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    From musician Surachai's Instagram story.

WARNING! POSSIBLE SPOILERS for potential songs.

https://imgur.com/g5Ah0su

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

Whole lotta meh in there.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Vegas clearly wants a NIN residency

https://lasvegasweekly.com/ae/music/...gas-residency/
    It makes sense from Vegas' perspective but doubt it's something Trent would do. That would be terrible in fact although I would clearly travel at least once to see the show. No question there.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Totally cool with what is on there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Whole lotta meh in there.
    how are Spoiler: God Break Down The Door, Sanctified, and Even Deeper meh?
    Last edited by sweeterthan; 06-13-2018 at 04:20 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ So much for the spoilers!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

What in the hell do they use cassette tapes for?!? There's no better method in 2018?!?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What in the hell do they use cassette tapes for?!? There's no better method in 2018?!?
    Cortini has been using on the nin tours since 2013

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I can’t tell what that fourth cassette from the front is.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Pretty sure it's another one for Spoiler: Even Deeper.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    They are all paired up. The only one that can't be made out is the last one in the end. Highlight Below for songs:

Find My Way, Came Back Haunted, Even Deeper, GBDTD, Sanctified, I Can't Give Everything Away (Bowie Cover), Copy of A, Hurt and ???

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I didn't know what I was clicking on when I clicked that link and thought it was something to do with Bad Witch and when I saw the cassettes and started reading the names I put 2+2 together. Pretty upset with myself that I looked, but I can't say I wasn't warned.

I only saw 2 names though, Spoiler: Even Deeper and Spoiler: came back haunted and I'm OK with both of those actually. It's been a while since I heard either of those live. I'd welcome both of those back into the set. Sure, they're not mind blowing or deep cuts, but they were absent on the last tour, so I'll take 'em.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I thought this as well. Who is this person posting this? off to google. I feel like i should already know about this person by the way you all are talking them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I thought this as well. Who is this person posting this? off to google. I feel like i should already know about this person by the way you all are talking them.
    Surachai is a friend of Alesandro. He does dark electronic music, and has also dabbled in black metal in the past.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Surachai is a friend of Alesandro. He does dark electronic music, and has also dabbled in black metal in the past.
    Ah. So, Alessandro uses the cassettes then.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    FYI - I'm going to be closing this thread this evening and starting a new one that will have a SPOILER label. This is similar to what we did in 2013 with the Tension tour to avoid setlist spoilers and, most importantly, protect virgin ears that want to wait to hear any new songs when Bad Witch comes out and not via someone's live YouTube video. This will also be the reaction thread, so PLEASE stay out of the tour journal thread for this show and keep that space open for folks who attended the show.

Thank you!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    Cortini has been using on the nin tours since 2013
    That makes me wonder if they are in fact not audio cassettes then. Could be patches to load into a classic synth or something.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    If anyone is wondering, I was sent a private message asking me to remove the image. It's no longer online. Sorry guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That makes me wonder if they are in fact not audio cassettes then. Could be patches to load into a classic synth or something.
    They have endless loops of drones and background sounds for songs. While digital may be more popular, AC likes the sound of the tapes better. The strings section during the chorus of Hurt on more recent tours is done by fading in and out 4 different tracks on the tape with the level sliders. He literally 'plays' it sort of like a mellotron