Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Not trying to be a kill-joy, but if you want to travel to a different country to see NIN you should definitely wait for other dates.

In 2014 the Zitadelle crowd was incredibly casual, people were talking throughout the whole show (some even turned their back to the stage) and the setting was mediocre at best. It starts pretty early and since it's open-air the whole show takes place in broad daylight and people don't really loosen up. It's kind of like a festival, but worse. I don't get why so many great artists go there (QOTSA played there, APC will play there too).

Again, I'm trying really hard not to complain too much, but IMO the Zitadelle sucks. A buddy of mine saw Massive Attack there and said the same thing. Just wanted to give you a heads-up.
    While that is true I managed to get a good view later on with enjoyable people, so I had a blast in the end. The thing I liked most aboutthis particular show was that it was very heavy on the light show and we were treated with some rarely-played songs. Seeing them in London after that was especially nice since this way I saw two very different NIN shows on the same leg of the tour.

But yeah, for me that show is a no-brainer. It's a 4h drive to a city full of friends and some business opportunities for me, having a NIN show there is the icing on the cake. But I hope we will get some more dates in or closely around Germany.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    €115?
    Where do you live?
    And where did you find the capacity of the venue? I saw some pics and indeed it didn’t look big. I think it’s possitive. Watching them only at festivals will be more crowded.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    It depends on how they set up the Zitadelle really. Sometimes it looks like a festival with a lot of food stands and places to grab a drink and sometimes they opt for more people. The range for the Zitadelle is 2.000 as a minimum up to almost 10.000 people. Perfect size imho for an open air show IMHO.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    if 1 could pull it off, you could go see NIN in berlin then less than a week later see the cure in london. that sounds like a fine week of music to me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    While that is true I managed to get a good view later on with enjoyable people, so I had a blast in the end. The thing I liked most aboutthis particular show was that it was very heavy on the light show and we were treated with some rarely-played songs. Seeing them in London after that was especially nice since this way I saw two very different NIN shows on the same leg of the tour.
    Haha we did exactly the same!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    And I am not surprised they return to Zitadelle as Trent mentioned that he found the view to be quite beautiful in 2014. And it is, although I have to agree that I would love a concert ina closed hall even more.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Bought ticket.
    Fuck them: Always the same story. Ticketmaster.de does not know the option E-ticket.
    €17.50 shipping

34.90 Euro for shipping to Czech republic (neighbour state!!)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post

But yeah, for me that show is a no-brainer. It's a 4h drive ....
    I think US people here give you a big smiley. For them 4 hours is peanuts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    came to ETS for the first time in quite a while to say that ticketbastard.de EATS SHIT and I am not paying 34.90 for paper ticket (??) delivery, which is more than half of ticket price. seriously Germany I always thought you are progressive country but boy I was wrong.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I guess you all shouldn't have jumped at presale opportunity then? I just checked Eventim.de and they show that tickets go on sale "soon" (doesn't say when). I've bought PDF tickets from them a lot of times with no extra shipping fees. Also tickets at LiveNation go on sale 16-Dec (same story, used them just this year).
    Last edited by fillow; 12-14-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    interesting. I didn't buy anything, I am not paying this for shipment, no way in hell. thanks for the tips about eventful. ticketmaster replyied to my question that "paper ticket only" is request from the organizers.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    €115?
    Where do you live?
    And where did you find the capacity of the venue? I saw some pics and indeed it didn’t look big. I think it’s possitive. Watching them only at festivals will be more crowded.
    I live right outside Manhattan.

And I simply googled the capacity of the venue.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    ^^115 euro for two ticket is still cheap comparing to what i paid for one including shipping to the netherlands. wtf?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just ordered the tickets. Whooooo! 😃

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ^^115 euro for two ticket is still cheap comparing to what i paid for one including shipping to the netherlands. wtf?
    150 euros for two tickets to London.

I wonder why the NIN.com presale is no longer a thing?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I said 115 euros PLUS the various shipping costs.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I think US people here give you a big smiley. For them 4 hours is peanuts.

Hehe that's why I said it's a no-brainer. I just have to do this and not wait for a show in Munich. And like I said, Berlin is full of opportunities so the show is just the icing on the cake.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    NIN in the Friday. Leaves room for another festival that weekend. And a possible route map to speculate midweek solo shows.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Any chance they may be doing Wireless Festival in London Finsbury Park that weekend? I don’t really know anything about it. It’s a Live Nation thing

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Any chance they may be doing Wireless Festival in London Finsbury Park that weekend? I don’t really know anything about it. It’s a Live Nation thing
    Considering it's previous years and that it has strong support Capital Radio and Capital Xtra...i'd say probably not. It's defiantly a more mainstream "top 40 hits" festival these days. I could wrong...

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    As I said earlier: Rock Werchter that weekend makes more sense. Now they're doing this festival in France, I think this theory fits.

Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    NIN in the Friday. Leaves room for another festival that weekend. And a possible route map to speculate midweek solo shows.
    Oh, a solo show in Luxembourg Rock Hall
    Last edited by witte; 12-15-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Considering it's previous years and that it has strong support Capital Radio and Capital Xtra...i'd say probably not. It's defiantly a more mainstream "top 40 hits" festival these days. I could wrong...
    Ha yes I just checked previous line-ups and i think you're right. I honestly hope they don't bother with festivals here and play some headline shows, maybe in london, manchester, glasgow and dublin.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I guess you all shouldn't have jumped at presale opportunity then? I just checked Eventim.de and they show that tickets go on sale "soon" (doesn't say when). I've bought PDF tickets from them a lot of times with no extra shipping fees. Also tickets at LiveNation go on sale 16-Dec (same story, used them just this year).
    Try to buy tickets to Berlin on Enventim.de..and shipping to Czech republic 34.90 Euro too! No etickets:-(...

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    As mentioned here by someone else, the booking agency made that rule.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    please is some website where I can buy Berlin e-tickets or tickets with reasonable shipping price??

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Livenation tickets are the same. Who fuck doesn't offer e-tickets in the year 2018??

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by curbes View Post
    please is some website where I can buy Berlin e-tickets or tickets with reasonable shipping price??
    if you have a german (ets-fb) friend, maybe (s)he can help you. shipping to german is cheaper.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Ha yes I just checked previous line-ups and i think you're right. I honestly hope they don't bother with festivals here and play some headline shows, maybe in london, manchester, glasgow and dublin.
    Honestly, given what festivals are left, i'm not sure they will. Glasto and T in the perk aren't happening, They're not at Download, and most of the other festivals are just not a good fit (if they do Reading and Leeds i'll eat my hat!) i'm OK with that, as long as we get a couple of decent sized shows around the UK like you mentioned.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There aren't any midweek festivals and it would be a waste of money/time for the band and crew to sit around doing nothing for those dates..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    hey to anyone:

please DONT order your papertickets @ ticketmaster (for the berlin-show) if you are from abroad, if it costs you something like 40 euro for shipping.
    even eventim.de is about 35 euro worldwide, but they have "fanticket"-hardtickets including artwork, in case you care about something like this.

as far as the shipping goes, I checked:

koka36.de -> 10 euro inside EU plus Ukraine and even the U.S.
    dodotickets.de -> 7 euro within EU (yes, this includes UK ... for now)

both (more or less) local regular indie-ticket-stores in berlin, doing their job. please support them and buy your tickets there. of course you also have the pickup-option at their shops as well.
    you can even email them or give them a call if you have any questions.
    "koka36" = berlin-kreuzberg (a punkrock-legend, downtown kreuzberg, oranienstrasse), "dodotickets"= nice recordstore "dodo beach", berlin-schöneberg (david bowie used to live in this district, in the late 70s, doing "low", "heroes" and "lodger". there is a memorial plaque). so if you'd pay upfront you could even visit some cool places in berlin and pick up the tickets WITHOUT any extra-shipping-fees.
    Last edited by notsoprettynow; 12-16-2017 at 06:26 PM.