Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56
Results 1,651 to 1,664 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    how are Spoiler: God Break Down The Door, Sanctified, and Even Deeper meh?
    not those.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That makes me wonder if they are in fact not audio cassettes then. Could be patches to load into a classic synth or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by der_wahnsinn View Post
    They have endless loops of drones and background sounds for songs. While digital may be more popular, AC likes the sound of the tapes better. The strings section during the chorus of Hurt on more recent tours is done by fading in and out 4 different tracks on the tape with the level sliders. He literally 'plays' it sort of like a mellotron
    when you use a standard cassette in a 4-track recorder, it uses the whole width of the tape (and at a much higher speed than usual, to increase quality). i spent the first few years of my recording/engineering experiments using a tascam 4-track and i still think those are some of my favorite recordings i've ever done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Nice to see Los Angeles getting some much deserved dates. They never get nin tours.

No fucking shit. I may be a pissed off dude in MO. Fuck NY, LA and CHI for their endless string of boats! <blame the movie Rounders; I'm not actually mad at those cities' denizens>

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    From musician Surachai's Instagram story.

WARNING! POSSIBLE SPOILERS for potential songs.

https://imgur.com/g5Ah0su
    I kind of am looking to get a little spoiled here ... this got taken down, anyone else know where I could find it?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I kind of am looking to get a little spoiled here ... this got taken down, anyone else know where I could find it?
    Nothing special. The only notable tracks are in people’s spoiler tags, other than that it’s typical stuff you’d hear at a modern nin show.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Nothing special. The only notable tracks are in people’s spoiler tags, other than that it’s typical stuff you’d hear at a modern nin show.
    So they finally open a show with "Everything"? It's about damn time!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that 'Hurt' 'March of the Pigs' "Head Like a Hole' and 'Wish' will be played tonight

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Also, I may be in the minority but I'm ready for The Frail / The Wretched to be dropped from the set all together.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Also, I may be in the minority but I'm ready for The Frail / The Wretched to be dropped from the set all together.
    If in favor of something else from The Fragile, then yes. And as much as I love Somewhat Damaged, The Day the World Went Away, and Even Deeper, I'd love to see songs like Please, Into the Void, Where is Everybody?, or The Way Out is Through make their way into a modern setlist.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    If in favor of something else from The Fragile, then yes. And as much as I love Somewhat Damaged, The Day the World Went Away, and Even Deeper, I'd love to see songs like Please, Into the Void, Where is Everybody?, or The Way Out is Through make their way into a modern setlist.
    Of those I've only had the chance to see Somewhat Damaged live, so I'm still a little open to the idea of Even Deeper but TDTWWA ... but yes, more Into the Void please! I'm still forever bummed my St. Louis stop in the Tension tour ended up not getting that one in 2013.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 06-13-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Of those I've only had the chance to see Somewhat Damaged live, so I'm still a little open to the idea of Even Deeper but TDTWWA ... but yes, more Into the Void please! I'm still forever bummed my St. Louis stop in the Tension tour ended not getting that one in 2013.
    I've never seen Into the Void. When they were in St. Paul for the Tension tour, it was written on their printed setlist, but they didn't play it. As awesome of a show as it was, it was a little bit of a bummer to know that they planned on playing it, but didn't due to "technical issues."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Mostly, I’m just hoping that the set list is a little more fluid this time around. Last time I saw them was with soundgarden and it was a tad disappointing to see the exact same set list for almost every single show. There were like maybe 2 songs that would switch in and out from city to city. However, if I remember correctly, cities that had multiple shows had a much more varied set list from night to night. That gives me quite a bit of hope for the 3rd Chicago show having some deeper cuts.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just want the first show to begin with Trent in a leather jacket and shades riding a motorcycle onto the stage and the band goes into a cover of "Breaking the Law" for no real reason.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Please continue discussion in the Spoiler-filled Tour Discussion thread