Page 53 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I didn't say they have to post things consciously on social media. I meant to say, normally (looking at the past) you see pass pics from the band members that there's something going on. Your first line confirms that there won't be a big change from the setlist they played during the festivals last year.
    But, again, I hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I want them to bust out some neat rarities and fan favorites, naturally. Everyone has their own wishlist, and I would lose my shit if anything like Happiness In Slavery, 10 Miles High, And All That Could Have Been, Sunspots, and or Demon Seed makes an appearance. Between the schedule of back-to-back shows at venues affording the room for variation and the whole in-person presale pulling out so many diehard attendees, one would hope that they'll be able to put more focus on what's interesting and exciting to them, personally, now that they don't have to be occupied with managing the expectations of a festival audience.

But whether or not they delve into bolstering the setlists with that kind of material (and whether or not Trent holds to the "don't play the song I named the tour after" trend), my main hope is that a lot of songs from the new record trilogy are performed. New songs generally made up about less than a quarter of the 2017 festival shows. Hopefully that percentage increases by a great deal and Not The Actual Events, Add Violence, and Bad Witch all see a great deal of representation, especially since (as previously mentioned) consecutive shows at venues gives ample room to switch up night to night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Alessandro posted pics of his new touring rig last Sunday.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    OMG! He was one of my line buddies! He talked about how he was buying a ticket for a random guy from Reddit. He's super awesome! I was telling him that I was buying for strangers, but I made them send me the money first because I wasn't gonna get burned for that much. We are planning to meet up before the show with our little circle of line mates for a drink, if you would like to join us and meet
    happy to help jetvet. we've got a nice community with NIN's music.
    beers before or after.
    -u

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Louder Than Life line up announced. I think Trent made sure all the good acts were on NIN daye.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    That's the worst festival lineup I've ever seen. Do people who want to see Seether, Five Finger Death Punch, and Shinedown even like Nine Inch Nails?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I don't know why, but having the band listed as...

NINE
    INCN NAILS

...is really fucking weird looking.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    That's the worst festival lineup I've ever seen. Do people who want to see Seether, Five Finger Death Punch, and Shinedown even like Nine Inch Nails?
    The short answer is yes. People who like nine inch nails like other music beside nine inch nails.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Limp Bizkit is still a thing in 2018? Why?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I would only go to that festival on Sunday. Deftones, NIN & Ice Cube is a killer 1-2-3 punch.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    The short answer is yes. People who like nine inch nails like other music beside nine inch nails.
    I wasn't trying to be dismissive of their taste, I just genuinely don't know anyone that likes those bands who also likes NIN. Almost all of them that like one of those bands like the rest, but not one person I know likes them and NIN.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Lineups like that make me so grateful that they’re doing more headlining shows than festivals this year

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I had to get through Solange before NIN last year - I’d definitely take Deftones over that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Wow, Made in America lineup just went up, no NIN. I figured that was why no Philly date for the club/theater tour. So weird that there's NO show in PA.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    I had to get through Solange before NIN last year - I’d definitely take Deftones over that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You shut your mouth when talking about Solange.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That Sunday lineup is great.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Limp Bizkit is still a thing in 2018? Why?
    Im not surprised they’re “a thing”- they were really damn popular for a few years, and nostalgia can be a helluva drug. What I am shocked at is they appear to be on before the headliner. That Friday lineup is pretty cheesy.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Im not surprised they’re “a thing”- they were really damn popular for a few years, and nostalgia can be a helluva drug. What I am shocked at is they appear to be on before the headliner. That Friday lineup is pretty cheesy.
    They've been popular for the last few years? Seriously?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    They've been popular for the last few years? Seriously?
    “A few years”. Comprehension my friend- I didn’t even edit it! :P

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    “A few years”. Comprehension my friend- I didn’t even edit it! :P
    Oh, I'm sorry. I misread it. That shit happens to me. I'm baffled into who wants to see that lame-ass group with little-to-no-talent.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry. I misread it. That shit happens to me. I'm baffled into who wants to see that lame-ass group with little-to-no-talent.
    wes borland is extremely talented. i wish he didn't feel like he needed to stay in bizkit to get paid. his solo stuff and black light burns are both incredible.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    wes borland is extremely talented. i wish he didn't feel like he needed to stay in bizkit to get paid. his solo stuff and black light burns are both incredible.
    Wes is the only guy in that group I care about. Everyone else who isn't Fred Durst.... they're OK. Then there's Fred.... an absolute turd.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Maybe Billy Idol should join NIN to do Eyes Without a Face

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Maybe Billy Idol should join NIN to do Eyes Without a Face
    I wouldn't mind seeing that. Billy Idol is fucking cool.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That Sunday lineup is solid. Lots of good acts, and only a few garbage ones. Seeing NIN & GJ together on one bill would be a dream come true.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don't think that lineup is too bad, but I love Avenged Sevenfold and old Breaking Benjamin. Used to love Five Finger but they generally don't make much good music to me anymore. Their bassist is an awesome dude though. I've never seen someone throw guitar picks out into the crowd so accurately.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I don't think that lineup is too bad, but I love Avenged Sevenfold and old Breaking Benjamin. Used to love Five Finger but they generally don't make much good music to me anymore. Their bassist is an awesome dude though. I've never seen someone throw guitar picks out into the crowd so accurately.
    I don't think it's bad either. One of the better lineup's in North America I've seen this year. European festival lineups are still a million times better than anything NA could ever pull out of a hat, but this line isn't that bad.

I'll admit though, Sunday is the best day with NIN, Deftones, Billy Idol, The Sword, Monster Magnet. Saturday is like a nostalgia day for me I'd go for Godsmack, Sevendust and Bush (none of which I listen to anymore, but used to in the early 2000s) and I've always wanted to see GWAR (Even though it's not really true GWAR without Dave Brockie), It would still be a riot.

As for Friday, yeah... Nothing good there at all. But my girlfriend is a huge A7X fan, so makes this festival more appealing for her. But we have so much planned this year, there is no way in hell we can squeeze this in. So we're just going to save our money and try and hit up one of those European festivals finally next summer.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I don't think it's bad either. One of the better lineup's in North America I've seen this year. European festival lineups are still a million times better than anything NA could ever pull out of a hat, but this line isn't that bad.

I'll admit though, Sunday is the best day with NIN, Deftones, Billy Idol, The Sword, Monster Magnet. Saturday is like a nostalgia day for me I'd go for Godsmack, Sevendust and Bush (none of which I listen to anymore, but used to in the early 2000s) and I've always wanted to see GWAR (Even though it's not really true GWAR without Dave Brockie), It would still be a riot.

As for Friday, yeah... Nothing good there at all. But my girlfriend is a huge A7X fan, so makes this festival more appealing for her. But we have so much planned this year, there is no way in hell we can squeeze this in. So we're just going to save our money and try and hit up one of those European festivals finally next summer.
    I saw Godsmack in like 2012 and had a good time. They brought out members of Shinedown and fozzy and covered Pantera's This Love. Fucking freaked out for that.

I would love to go to one of the Euro fests like Download or Rock am Ring. I remember watching videos of Slipknot from RaR 2005 when i was in middle school and just being blown away.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So are the European and Japan shows part of the ‘cold and black and infinite’ tour or are they the end of the ‘i Can’t seem to wake up’ tour?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Well, Louder than Life is 90 minutes away and I have money and personal time, so I'm going. That will be 3 NIN shows for me. It's a testament to how far I've come as well as just a lot to look forward to in a few months. I have squeezed in 2 shows in one year only a couple times in my life. Plus, I'm going to do 2 different cities right in a row. Hope I don't fall down the day after.