Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

  1. #991
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    the saddest part of the 2018 ticketing scheme is that until now, at least the way i see it, nin had absolutely perfected the fan pre-sale. Going all the way back to lits, and then even better with nin/ja and wg. Heck, tension was a snap. There was never any bullshit or upcharges...all you needed was a nin.com login and a decent internet connection. Then, for your trouble, you got personalized ticket stock with custom artwork and in many cases, early access to the show. I happened to like the quantity restrictions and id check at the door...kept tix in the hands of fans.

    For tr to abandon what has worked for the past 10 years is just crazy.
    ^^this^^

  2. #992
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    999
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think this is an interesting experiment for sure. Some of yall are insufferable though.

  3. #993
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I think this is an interesting experiment for sure. Some of yall are insufferable though.
    How so?

  4. #994
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I think this is an interesting experiment for sure. Some of yall are insufferable though.
    How close do you live to any of the venues for this upcoming tour?

  5. #995
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    How close do you live to any of the venues for this upcoming tour?

    I'm lucky enough to live only four hours away from the closest one.

  6. #996
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril View Post
    I'm lucky enough to live only four hours away from the closest one.
    My Top Four "Closest" Box Offices:
    1. Chicago - 722 miles
    2. Red Rocks - 968 miles
    3. Detroit - 1007 miles
    4. Nashville - 1196 miles

  7. #997
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    356
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I think this is an interesting experiment for sure. Some of yall are insufferable though.
    I understand what you are saying, but there are a lot of fans, including myself, that probably would have made a trip out of their home state (i.e. florida in my case) to go see them if the ability to purchase tickets were more accessible.

    Sure there is a lot of bitching on the forum regarding the method in which the tickets are being sold, but rightfully so. As buzburbank so perfectly pointed out, the experience of purchasing tickets to a NIN show in the past was as close to perfect as it could be.

    Unless things during out drastically different than what is being predicted (scalpers selling tickets for exorbitant prices), this will be seen as a failure, in the eyes of the fans. I would like to believe, based on NIN past actions, that they care about the fan experience and will adjust the methods in which tickets are sold, for future shows. So if we seem insufferable, so be it. We all want just want to see our favorite musician perform live, given the fair chance to do so.

  8. #998
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    My Top Four "Closest" Box Offices:
    1. Chicago - 722 miles
    2. Red Rocks - 968 miles
    3. Detroit - 1007 miles
    4. Nashville - 1196 miles
    What state are you in if you don't mind me asking?

  9. #999
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    63
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril View Post
    What state are you in if you don't mind me asking?
    North Dakota

  10. #1000
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    999
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I totally understand the frustrations, but bitching online about it isn't doing any good. The presale info says there will be online tickets as well. So idk what the point is in bitching about it if the online tickets haven't even gone one sale yet. We don't know how much of the venue will be sold out during the pre sale yet. Pre-emptive bitching just feels pointless. I live 30 minutes from Irving, TX so I don't have to worry about it. However, most of the shows I've been to have been in the northeast because they hardly ever play in Dallas. So i get why everyone is irritated but lets just let the situation play out.
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 05-15-2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Grammar/need coffee

  11. #1001
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buzburbank View Post
    North Dakota
    Ouch. I can understand why you are frustrated. If you really wanted to go, then the money you spent on a hotel and gas plus your time, would be as much as paying for a ticket online. That's what frustrates me. But I only have myself to blame for wanting to get a good seat.

  12. #1002
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I totally understand the frustrations, but bitching online about it isn't doing any good. The presale info says there will be online tickets as well. So idk what the point is in bitching about it if the online tickets haven't even gone one sale yet. We don't know how much of the venue will be sold out during the pre sale yet. Pre-emptive bitching just feels pointless. I live 30 minutes from Irving, TX so I don't have to worry about it. However, most of the shows I've been to have been in the northeast because they hardly ever play in Dallas. So i get why everyone is irritated but lets just let the situation play out.
    Using the term "bitching" three times in your post is just a way to diminish any response to you. People aren't "bitching," they are discussing the situation. And I disagree that it isn't doing any good. If we could focus our responses directly to the band, they had plenty of time (10 days between announcement and sale) to make adjustments. I've sent several tweets to the band asking them to at least make the tickets non-transferable. Will it change anything? I don't know. Am I gonna try? Damn right.

    I do agree that we don't know how many tickets are being sold and they keep using the word "presale" everywhere. But if I was buzburbank or any of the other fans who are having to make very difficult decisions about their time, money and other responsibilities to get to this sale and shows, I'd be even more upset that they aren't making things clear.

  13. #1003
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight10 View Post
    Using the term "bitching" three times in your post is just a way to diminish any response to you. People aren't "bitching," they are discussing the situation. And I disagree that it isn't doing any good. If we could focus our responses directly to the band, they had plenty of time (10 days between announcement and sale) to make adjustments. I've sent several tweets to the band asking them to at least make the tickets non-transferable. Will it change anything? I don't know. Am I gonna try? Damn right.

    I do agree that we don't know how many tickets are being sold and they keep using the word "presale" everywhere. But if I was buzburbank or any of the other fans who are having to make very difficult decisions about their time, money and other responsibilities to get to this sale and shows, I'd be even more upset that they aren't making things clear.
    It comes across as bitching to someone who doesn't have to worry about it. Others who aren't as fortunate have a right to "bitch".

  14. #1004
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anduril View Post
    It comes across as bitching to someone who doesn't have to worry about it. Others who aren't as fortunate have a right to "bitch".
    I agree. I just wish that as a community of fans, we would have a little more compassion and empathy for each other.

  15. #1005
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    999
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight10 View Post
    I agree. I just wish that as a community of fans, we would have a little more compassion and empathy for each other.
    I can agree with that. I remember when I joined ETS my freshman year of high school back in 2008 (holy shit where has the time gone), people were such assholes to me lol.

    I could have worded my post better than I did. I do feel bad for a good chunk of the fans. I remember how distraught I was when I was Tension wasn't coming to Dallas, but I then booked a flight to Boston for that date (worked out because my wife and I are Patriots fans and they played the Saints that weekend too.... BEST WEEKEND EVERRRR.) I just wish people would wait until after the tickets go on sale before we grab our pitchforks.

  16. #1006
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I can agree with that. I remember when I joined ETS my freshman year of high school back in 2008 (holy shit where has the time gone), people were such assholes to me lol.

    I could have worded my post better than I did. I do feel bad for a good chunk of the fans. I remember how distraught I was when I was Tension wasn't coming to Dallas, but I then booked a flight to Boston for that date (worked out because my wife and I are Patriots fans and they played the Saints that weekend too.... BEST WEEKEND EVERRRR.) I just wish people would wait until after the tickets go on sale before we grab our pitchforks.
    Yeah, I'm fortunate to live in one of the cities they hit often and to have the time to travel for them too, but if I had to travel for a chance to get tickets AND then (if I'm lucky) the show itself, that would be hard to justify. As far as waiting until after the sale, it's too late then. Then I would agree with you that it IS pointless. I feel like Radiohead does that every tour: sell tickets, see that they are all on StubHub, be surprised and angry that their tickets are in demand. We have the ability to communicate directly with the artist, I think we as fans should use it. I hope someone from the band reads these fan boards too.

  17. #1007
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I can agree with that. I remember when I joined ETS my freshman year of high school back in 2008 (holy shit where has the time gone), people were such assholes to me lol.

    I could have worded my post better than I did. I do feel bad for a good chunk of the fans. I remember how distraught I was when I was Tension wasn't coming to Dallas, but I then booked a flight to Boston for that date (worked out because my wife and I are Patriots fans and they played the Saints that weekend too.... BEST WEEKEND EVERRRR.) I just wish people would wait until after the tickets go on sale before we grab our pitchforks.
    Aw, man. Your post made me feel old. I graduated high school in 2000.

    Anyway, I think it’s completely ok for fans to have an opinion on this situation. I also think we need to wait and see how things go this weekend.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #1008
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    986
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    What if the only way to get a front row seat (or the first 12 rows) was reserved for a VIP Package like the following from APC:


    Is this a better alternative than what is proposed for TPW presale?

  19. #1009
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I’m reading a John Scalzi book and “the physical world” keeps popping up and making me crazy



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #1010
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    999
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    What if the only way to get a front row seat (or the first 12 rows) was reserved for a VIP Package like the following from APC:


    Is this a better alternative than what is proposed for TPW presale?
    Jesus those are ridiculous. I just hate that APC are doing seats in the pit for those shows. I remember how pissed I was when there were seats in the pit for the NIN/SG tour.

  21. #1011
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    What if the only way to get a front row seat (or the first 12 rows) was reserved for a VIP Package like the following from APC:


    Is this a better alternative than what is proposed for TPW presale?
    I'd actually like the ability to purchase close seats like that -- though it ultimately depends on price. I've looked at VIP for other artists and some are well over $1,000 for front row (I think I saw one for ~$2200). $350 seems totally reasonable for row 1. In 2014, some of those presale seats for NIN were terrible seats. We actually ended up purchasing closer ones through a "ticket service" and giving the presale ones away at two of the shows we went to (did 9 locations that year). I have never seen close seats when purchasing online for any event (except for Madonna's presale, which require a fee ($20 or $30) just to access presale, where we ended up with a sort of third row seat - I say sort of due to the shape of the stage).

  22. #1012
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    That might be true for you but that's how these things get started lol
    Okay let me start this: What if those who line up at the physical world ticket event all get a digital download of the new single?
    Last edited by streetman; 05-15-2018 at 03:44 PM.

  23. #1013
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    What if the only way to get a front row seat (or the first 12 rows) was reserved for a VIP Package like the following from APC:


    Is this a better alternative than what is proposed for TPW presale?
    I think it’s definitely going to be some sort of structure like this. A lot of artists are doing this now I’ve noticed such as Gary Clark jr and childish gambino. If there’s a guaranteed way to get me right in front to see a musician I love, then I’m going to pay the price for those(within reason of course). Sometimes moving up in the pit and pissing everyone off as you pass them just isn’t worth it and can take away from the experience in my opinion lol. I would pay 250 to get some cool stuff and guaranteed front row. None of my friends will agree with me however lol.

    And wow a lot of complaining on here about having to physically be there to buy tickets haha. I’m going to drive 6.5 hours to nyc to wait in line. I mean it definitely sucks but what can you do?

  24. #1014
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Okay let me start this: What if those who line up at the physical world ticket event all get a digital download of the new single?
    My thoughts exactly. Maybe some cool year zero esquire ARG stuff will happen or we will get something cool. I hope lol

  25. #1015
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    2,098
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Reckless Records just announced a pop up store at the Aragon during the ticket sale on Saturday. Preorders for CDs and vinyl with the first 250 getting a special lithograph. Other NIN stuff, Wax Trax and Kuma’s corner will be there too.

  26. #1016
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    986
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Criminal Records in Atlanta posted this, but no mention of a lithograph:

  27. #1017
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    2,253
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Promotional video that kinda reminds me of the 90's, haven't seen it anywhere else.

    https://www.facebook.com/AEGPresents...0415168445711/

  28. #1018
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    567
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I can definitely relate to both sides of this argument.

    On one hand, it’s annoying AF when tickets sell out in seconds because bots have bought them all... but on the other hand, I’m flying over from Australia for these shows & unless I knew someone near the box office, there’d be no chance of getting tickets. Thankfully I can get to the Chicago shows... still wish I could go to more though. Oh well!

  29. #1019
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    479
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Promotional video that kinda reminds me of the 90's, haven't seen it anywhere else.

    https://www.facebook.com/AEGPresents...0415168445711/
    Looks like a promo on all those screens. Hopefully we'll see that on tv!

  30. #1020
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    sorry if i missed this, but has anyone said how many presale tickets will be available at each presale event?

Posting Permissions