Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 1664

Thread: Cold and Black and Infinite Fall Tour - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

  1. #721
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,142
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    I can’t imagine how difficult that would be in terms of being able to see your favorite bands. I’m incredibly lucky in that respect, being in the LA area. I always have plenty of options.

    However, I do have to suffer LA people, traffic. and constant sunshine
    I thought Vegas had the worst crowds here in the US, then I went and saw APC at the Hollywood Bowl last year. GF (now wife) and me got yelled at for standing up when APC came on. That crowd was fucking awful. We were in the middle of the venue and could whisper to each other during the show- all while hearing other conversations.

    The HB was a great venue, but fuck that crowd. Only other LA show I was at was LITS at the Forum. About 1/3rd of the venue was empty but don’t recall the crowd being complete butt (was a bit sterile, and that was before the renovation so the place looked and felt like a tunnel with bad lighting).

  2. #722
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    244
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Yeah, because this two year run of shitty festivals is just to die for.

    ::eye roll::
    Who said they were?

  3. #723
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    242
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Nine Inch Nails - 2018 Live Tour Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I thought Vegas had the worst crowds here in the US, then I went and saw APC at the Hollywood Bowl last year. GF (now wife) and me got yelled at for standing up when APC came on. That crowd was fucking awful. We were in the middle of the venue and could whisper to each other during the show- all while hearing other conversations.

    The HB was a great venue, but fuck that crowd. Only other LA show I was at was LITS at the Forum. About 1/3rd of the venue was empty but donít recall the crowd being complete butt (was a bit sterile, and that was before the renovation so the place looked and felt like a tunnel with bad lighting).
    The last time I saw NIN in Vegas at the Joint it was easily one of the worst crowds Iíve ever encountered. I donít know what Iím thinking going to three more next month. I had people spitting at us from the balcony, drunks were falling over and spilling their drinks on people, and yeah, the talking. Itís my biggest pet peeve. There are a bazillion bars in Vegas where you can chat, why do it there?

    But yes, LA is the worst. Concerts are parties to people here. I was at that APC show and that venue is one of the worst for me.
    I canít sit during a show, thatís terrible. I donít understand why people spend the money to come to the show, scream to each other the entire time, and sit like theyíre watching tv at home.
    Last edited by Nellyrific; 05-04-2018 at 10:17 PM.

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,142
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Who said they were?
    sorry, but I’m not sure what the question is?...

    just a reference to last year’s mini festival run, that’s continued through this summer. A club tour is still speculation at this point but likely. It could just be more club shows centered around the late year festivals that haven’t been announced quite yet.

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    dutch mountains
    Posts
    1,636
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    ...... and yeah, the talking. It’s my biggest pet peeve. There are a bazillion bars where you can chat, why do it there?
    This is becoming more and more a global problem. Here in Europe the same. In Belgium and the Netherlands it's a big topic right now. I have enough examples I witnessed in the last decennia. People spending more than $40 for a concert not spending any attention to it. I don't get that...and never will.
    The same with filming and shooting pics continuously.

  6. #726
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Wave Goodbye club shows are still some of the best I've ever seen but when I listen to bootlegs recordings of Lights In The Sky or Gone, Still or La Mer from those shows and hear people just talking through - or, perhaps even worse, people trying to start a clap during Hurt or THE FIRST EVER PERFORMANCE of A Warm Place and instead of just stopping when no one joins, just getting slower and slower until they're completely out of rhythm with the song and stepping all over it - I feel furious all over again. Seeing such flagrant disrespect at shows that were ostensibly the band's last blew my goddamn mind.

  7. #727
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    41
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    This is becoming more and more a global problem. Here in Europe the same. In Belgium and the Netherlands it's a big topic right now. I have enough examples I witnessed in the last decennia. People spending more than $40 for a concert not spending any attention to it. I don't get that...and never will.
    The same with filming and shooting pics continuously.



    Agreed! The thins I hate the most during many concert visits here in Europe are the constant filming and shooting pics with terrible phone camera’s and the continuous talking. Shut the fuck up, keep your phone in your pants and enjoy the fucking show!

    There are a few of my favorite bands I only like to see in small venues because otherwise I am just irritated by the lack of interest & enthousiaism in the show by other concert attendees

  8. #728
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,944
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Iím looking at 300-500 for my Orlando to Vegas flight. It can get high especially depending on time of year.
    Gosh i donít think my Amsterdam and Berlin travel combined would even add up to that.

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,245
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Gosh i don’t think my Amsterdam and Berlin travel combined would even add up to that.
    Yeah I’m not thrilled about it or proud of the fact that I’m spending that much on it but I continue to be Trent Reznor’s property and I feel like another Florida date is years away, plus this is the only expensive hobby I have.

  10. #730
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,795
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Gosh i don’t think my Amsterdam and Berlin travel combined would even add up to that.
    Wow, if you think that's a lot then you'd have a heart attack at the price of my trip to London/Paris this June. So far it's at $2090 and still have to buy a train ticket from London to Paris to add to that.

  11. #731
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,944
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Wow, if you think that's a lot then you'd have a heart attack at the price of my trip to London/Paris this June. So far it's at $2090 and still have to buy a train ticket from London to Paris to add to that.
    we are comparing a domestic flight with a longer international flight. Obviously a long transatlantic holiday costs more.

  12. #732
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,062
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Wow, if you think that's a lot then you'd have a heart attack at the price of my trip to London/Paris this June. So far it's at $2090 and still have to buy a train ticket from London to Paris to add to that.
    Unless you’re desperate to go on the Eurostar I’d make sure I compared flights as well, they might be cheaper

  13. #733
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    dutch mountains
    Posts
    1,636
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Unless youíre desperate to go on the Eurostar....
    Ďdesperateí?
    I consciously chose for the Eurostar, to make these trips Home - London - Paris more relaxed.
    Iím getting tired of all these stressful airports and airplane price fighters.
    Iíll drive to Brussels, taking the Eurostar to London, leave the train there walking a few yards to my hotel. The same monday for the trip to Paris...
    I also will take the train to Berlin. Letís see if itíll be a good experience.



    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  14. #734
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    ‘desperate’?
    I consciously chose for the Eurostar, to make these trips Home - London - Paris more relaxed.
    Love traveling by train in Europe. I'll take it any day over a flight or driving.

  15. #735
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,944
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yup. Although if you’re delaying to actually book the Eurostar you can’t get mad if the prices go up...

  16. #736
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,062
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    ‘desperate’?
    I consciously chose for the Eurostar, to make these trips Home - London - Paris more relaxed.
    I’m getting tired of all these stressful airports and airplane price fighters.
    I’ll drive to Brussels, taking the Eurostar to London, leave the train there walking a few yards to my hotel. The same monday for the trip to Paris...
    I also will take the train to Berlin. Let’s see if it’ll be a good experience.



    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    All else being equal, yes I'd rather go by train too. I'm spoilt when it comes to airports though as Cardiff airport is the most stress free airport I've ever been to given there's hardly ever anyone there!

  17. #737
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,795
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Unless you’re desperate to go on the Eurostar I’d make sure I compared flights as well, they might be cheaper
    Yeah, I did compare with flights, but we're going to be taking 4 flights (at 5 different airports) in the span of 13 days, so we decided we wanted to skip another big security check and airport kerfuffle between London/Paris. Plus, first time in Europe, would be nice to travel by train and just relax and look at the scenery. All that and the train station let's us off a 10 min walk to our hotel, which is then another 10 min walk to where NIN is playing. So, it kind of works out.

    @icklekitty - Regarding prices going up, yeah - I've been watching them climb over the last little while. I put all of my expenses and all of my girlfriends on my credit card, so we've been slowing trying to pay it off before adding more to it. Still need to buy the Eurostar trips (which we will probably do by the end of this week) and then we need to still get some hotels at a place we are stopping off in Canada on the way home. Yay! more expenses to add to the pile.

    All that and old Trenty is about to drop a bunch more NA dates this week for the fall.... Fuck my life, lol.
    I'm going to try and limit myself to just a couple close shows for the fall tour. I know for a fact there won't be any Vancouver at all. If I had to guess, they city's will be similar to the [With_Teeth] North American club tour of spring 2005, when they did back to back nights in most markets.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-06-2018 at 03:06 PM.

  18. #738
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Random thinking for a while about A Riot Fest after show at a club in Chicago the weekend before River City Rock Fest. They could hit Misouri on the way to Texas then Memphis on the way to Kentucky and then keep heading to the East coast and back for Boston and the others head back north west and then give the westerners a chance. Tour plotted,lol
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 05-06-2018 at 08:43 PM.

  19. #739
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Random thinking for a while about A Riot Fest after show at a club in Chicago the weekend before River City Rock Fest. They could hit Misouri on the way to Texas then Memphis on the way to Kentucky and then keep heading to the East coast and back for Boston and the others head back north west and then give the westerners a chance. Tour plotted,lol
    Riot Fest two years in a row would be odd...and disappointing.

  20. #740
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    175
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight10 View Post
    Riot Fest two years in a row would be odd...and disappointing.
    NOT the fest one of the after shows. You can go to the after shows with out going to the fest.

  21. #741
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    NOT the fest one of the after shows. You can go to the after shows with out going to the fest.
    Huh? It's the bands that play the fest that then do aftershows as well. I know the aftershows have separate tickets, but it's the fest bands that do aftershows.

  22. #742
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can't wait for the forum to devolve into sheer insanity.......

  23. #743
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Macomb, MI
    Posts
    575
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Can't wait for the forum to devolve into sheer insanity.......
    Iím anxiously waiting.... and hoping tomorrow is the day

  24. #744
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    994
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    No one should expect shit until the week of the first show (in my opinion). You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

  25. #745
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,245
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    So what should I realistically expect to pay if it ends up being a club tour and I have to buy resale? Part of me has to believe it’d be less than the Wave Goodbye run since these aren’t a “final run” type deal but then again scalpers are fucking insane these days.

  26. #746
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    242
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    So what should I realistically expect to pay if it ends up being a club tour and I have to buy resale? Part of me has to believe itíd be less than the Wave Goodbye run since these arenít a ďfinal runĒ type deal but then again scalpers are fucking insane these days.
    This could really depend on where you live but I canít imagine them being more than double the face value. Were there scalpers for the Wave Goodbye shows? We picked up our tickets at the venue I canít imagine how they even did that (though Iím sure theyíd find a way).

  27. #747
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    This could really depend on where you live but I can’t imagine them being more than double the face value. Were there scalpers for the Wave Goodbye shows? We picked up our tickets at the venue I can’t imagine how they even did that (though I’m sure they’d find a way).
    Unless you limit ticket purchases to one per person, will call only, there will always be an opportunity for scalpers. Scalper buys two tickets, buyer pays markup on two tickets, and scalper escorts buyer into the venue before turning around and leaving a few minutes later.

  28. #748
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pasadena, California
    Posts
    242
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Unless you limit ticket purchases to one per person, will call only, there will always be an opportunity for scalpers. Scalper buys two tickets, buyer pays markup on two tickets, and scalper escorts buyer into the venue before turning around and leaving a few minutes later.
    The Wave Goodbye shows were will call only, and they gave you a wristband right away. I thought for sure that was the best way to beat them but apparently thereís always a way 🤦🏻♀️

  29. #749
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    The Wave Goodbye shows were will call only, and they gave you a wristband right away. I thought for sure that was the best way to beat them but apparently thereís always a way 🤦🏻♀️
    There is, but at least this makes it less attractive for scalpers (they con only flip one ticket max and have to sell it for double to break even). I've seen some high-demand shows recently that require BOTH names at the time of purchase. That would be great.

  30. #750
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlight10 View Post
    There is, but at least this makes it less attractive for scalpers (they con only flip one ticket max and have to sell it for double to break even). I've seen some high-demand shows recently that require BOTH names at the time of purchase. That would be great.
    Cue scalpers offering a fake ID to match the ticket that's not in their name...

Posting Permissions