Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66
Results 1,951 to 1,974 of 1974

Thread: Add Violence

  1. #1951
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would not say these are demos, but they are different builds of the songs the background world the vocals sounded a bit more Rough if that makes sense, Not anymore is the most different from the album version, and does not instantly go into the next song, the vocals seem more pronounced at the end. Unmastered is what i would call these, they where probably finished a few months or so before the final album.

    I love listening to demo material and different mixes of songs, i wish we could get even earlier versions.

  2. #1952
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas --> Boston
    Posts
    191
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who feels like the "weird timing" in this Not Anymore version just sounds like misaligned multitracks? Like... the claps and whatnot were just accidentally shoved a beat early and then it was exported just like that?

    It also just feels like too strange of a change to have been made last-minute. That said, perhaps they were just unsure which rhythm to go with until the last minute and were trying around different things. This "early version" timing just sounds way too "off" to me, and non in a usual uncomfortable-but-good NIN way.

    These sound very much to me like unmixed versions overall, like what the tracks sounded like before being sent off to Alan Moulder for mixing.

  3. #1953
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    5,899
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    So are this confirmed to be legit? o just weird mixes a fan made?

  4. #1954
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    My question though, is: what on earth is "DEPECH GTR STEM_01"?? Is there a Depeche Mode sample in this song I'm not picking up on? I generally have a very good ear for samples, and know Depeche Mode's discography quite well, but can't figure out what it may be (if it even made it into the final track). Any ideas?
    I've been wondering the same thing. I'm also wondering about those stems that say Lynch and also the one that says something about March snares. Are they sounds/dialog snatches from a David Lynch movie and drums from MOTP?

  5. #1955
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,641
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing. I'm also wondering about those stems that say Lynch and also the one that says something about March snares. Are they sounds/dialog snatches from a David Lynch movie and drums from MOTP?
    lol, the NIN rabbit hole is endless.

  6. #1956
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing. I'm also wondering about those stems that say Lynch and also the one that says something about March snares. Are they sounds/dialog snatches from a David Lynch movie and drums from MOTP?
    just a guess here - march drums are literally just that, marching drum samples.
    the lynch could be just named cause like someone said when you try to reverse them they still sound incomprehensible and thats quite a lynch thing lol

  7. #1957
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    Am I the only one who feels like the "weird timing" in this Not Anymore version just sounds like misaligned multitracks? Like... the claps and whatnot were just accidentally shoved a beat early and then it was exported just like that?

    It also just feels like too strange of a change to have been made last-minute. That said, perhaps they were just unsure which rhythm to go with until the last minute and were trying around different things. This "early version" timing just sounds way too "off" to me, and non in a usual uncomfortable-but-good NIN way.

    These sound very much to me like unmixed versions overall, like what the tracks sounded like before being sent off to Alan Moulder for mixing.
    yeah the lovers sound like misaligned multitracks too, weird because the promo cds dont have stems
    Last edited by Wulgaren; 01-19-2022 at 10:41 AM.

  8. #1958
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Valence - FRANCE
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Strangely, a new version of NOT ANYMORE with "fixed vocals" has been uploaded 30 minutes ago.
    Maybe these are not the promo cds that he has, but multitrack files for the whole ADD VIOLENCE EP...

  9. #1959
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Valence - FRANCE
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    On this new version of NOT ANYMORE, the weird timing has been changed.
    And the wave files from these two versions are different.


  10. #1960
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dont tell me these are fake, Boooooo

  11. #1961
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    5,293
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by untold View Post
    Strangely, a new version of NOT ANYMORE with "fixed vocals" has been uploaded 30 minutes ago.
    Maybe these are not the promo cds that he has, but multitrack files for the whole ADD VIOLENCE EP...
    They're not. He's trying to line up the acapellas with the instrumentals. And the 'fixed' version is lined up even worse than the previous attempt was.

  12. #1962
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    174
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah lol it still didnít start on beat

  13. #1963
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    6,581
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    that makes me think back to that Dave Grohl interview talking about where the 1 was.

  14. #1964
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,258
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    I’m lol’ing at this thread.

  15. #1965
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,774
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I’m lol’ing at this thread.
    Can you expand on that?

  16. #1966
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,056
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I’m lol’ing at this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Can you expand on that?
    He's laughing out loud at this thread.

  17. #1967
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    He's laughing out loud at this thread.
    *Chef's kiss.

  18. #1968
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,774
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    He's laughing out loud at this thread.
    Thanks. What I'm saying is if there is a joke here not all of us are in on it.

  19. #1969
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    925
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Thanks. What I'm saying is if there is a joke here not all of us are in on it.
    Here:

    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    To be clear: the instrumental versions are out there ( @ninlive bought the promo CDs as mentioned in the auction thread). I’m just wondering what these supposed early versions are?

  20. #1970
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,774
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Yes, I get that. As someone that *doesn't* have the CDR in my hands, I was hoping for confirmation that @botley 's theory is correct.

  21. #1971
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,056
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Yes, I get that. As someone that *doesn't* have the CDR in my hands, I was hoping for confirmation that @botley 's theory is correct.
    Yeah, I think that's correct. I pasted the acapella and instrumental together and came up with a waveform that looks similar to the top one that @untold posted. The "Main" mix looks like the bottom waveform.

  22. #1972
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I mean, there sure is a lotta wonder and speculation about these tracks, when correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a well known community friend (NINLive) that has three of the 5? Perhaps he could shed some light on what exactly is going on here...?

  23. #1973
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    4,641
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    I mean, there sure is a lotta wonder and speculation about these tracks, when correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a well known community friend (NINLive) that has three of the 5? Perhaps he could shed some light on what exactly is going on here...?
    He has all of them AFAIK.

  24. #1974
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    within view of The Rockies
    Posts
    2,415
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    ( @ninlive bought the promo CDs as mentioned in the auction thread).
    To be fair, anyone who isn't actively collecting likely doesn't go into that massive thread, let alone know that NINlive got them (kudos and horrah to you for that btw!). I had no idea, I only just knew that these cds did exist somewhere in the wild. I also was curious, since I didn't have anything to compare it to and was not aware we had someone here who did, if these were simply full tracks that had come from those CDs or something else. The nice and easy response to the initial question would have been "I have the CDs, that's exactly what they have on them."
    Honestly I'm just glad someone who will properly archive them has them, we all know how crazy NIN fans go for instrumental stuff. I was really hoping when he put out the TDS ones on remix.nin.com that we would see the same treatment for all NIN releases, or at least albums.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions