Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I feel like the whole "soon/next week" thing would be a weird approach after having such a problem getting the LAST surprises out the door first.
    Keep in mind the people on ETS plus the people who are buying things like Deviations and the definitive edition vinyls all combined still make up about .1% of NIN fans. When TR tweets, he's trying to get the world excited, not just those of us who've spent the last week on here bitching about stuff. The "soon/two weeks" Slip/Ghosts updates were when there was nothing announced, where in this case it's already been announced what's coming. I don't take his tweet as a mystery- he's just letting us know the thing we already know about is happening next week.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Eh, I get the EP is due out prior to LA but if the marketing geniuses at these festivals had any brains then they would all be billed as "only Midwest show" for Chicago and "only NIN east coast show" for NYC.

We'll see I guess. If nothing pops up by end of July we can most likely stick a fork into more 2017 tour dates.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Eh, I get the EP is due out prior to LA but if the marketing geniuses at these festivals had any brains then they would all be billed as "only Midwest show" for Chicago and "only NIN east coast show" for NYC.

We'll see I guess. If nothing pops up by end of July we can most likely stick a fork into more 2017 tour dates.
    I don't think the festival promoters can be sure of that yet. Hell, I don't think NIN are even sure of that yet. A tour involves a ton of planning, but there's no reason they couldn't jump on another festival or two if the opportunity presented itself (though it's obviously starting to get late in the year for too much of that).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Well, he said the EP is coming out before the start of the shows, and that's in two weeks, so there's pretty much no question "NEXT WEEK" refers to the announcement/release of that (and probably also an update to the store).

As for touring, he said previously there were no plans to tour this year, and the Aftershock announcement on nin.com refers to it as "a rare 2017 appearance," which wouldn't make any sense if there was a tour in the works.

The band are all seasoned NIN vets, so it's pretty simple for them to learn a couple new songs and brush up on the old ones. Sadly, since this is a festival run, I wouldn't be surprised if their 90 minute sets are comprised mostly of standard hits with only a couple new songs peppered in (though I really hope that's not the case).

The third EP will most likely be released very late in the year, so- assuming there will be a tour at all- it's massively unlikely it would be before 2018.
    Fair points. But that the end of the day none of us have any clue and can just sit and wait! Either way. But Trent can't not be considering how all of this lately is gonna affect reception for the next releases(s). I'd rather have all the kinks worked out before we start throwing around new music every 6 months, that's all I'm getting at.

Keep in mind the people on ETS plus the people who are buying things like Deviations and the definitive edition vinyls all combined still make up about .1% of NIN fans. When TR tweets, he's trying to get the world excited, not just those of us who've spent the last week on here bitching about stuff. The "soon/two weeks" Slip/Ghosts updates were when there was nothing announced, where in this case it's already been announced what's coming. I don't take his tweet as a mystery- he's just letting us know the thing we already know about is happening next week.

Wait. You mean not EVERY NIN fan on the planet is part of this forum?? :P I get it though. But saying things are or aren't one thing or anything is just kinda masturbatory until we know anything, just part of the hype that gets drummed up. I'll take whatever we get, and if we get tour dates you're buying my drink at the next show!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 07-07-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't take his tweet as a mystery- he's just letting us know the thing we already know about is happening next week.
    Whereas I take it to be an indirect response to my tweet this morning...

https://twitter.com/simonenicholas/s...22707827027969

Yeah, right...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    When I first woke up, I was kind of in a brain fog when I saw the tweet
    and I immediately thought "what a lazy title for an EP"
    Then I realized I was being stupid

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    SURELY it's the new ep

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    NEXT WEEK

i'm going to tell you there are three more weeks until I announce...something.
    Last edited by cdm; 07-07-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Given the EP time frame he gave us in his email...it's definitely the EP. Besides the fact that, as many have pointed out, Aftershock being billed as "a rare 2017 appearance" pretty much confirms no extensive touring this year, I fail to see why he would hype up the announcement of tour dates a week in advance instead of just...announcing them. 2018, that's when we'll see a real tour, at least in my opinion.
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 07-07-2017 at 03:47 PM. Reason: forgot something!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So is it cool to like TR again? Asking for a friend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    He could very well announce a 2018 tour next week, if the past is any indication. Tension pre sale tickets were available 5 months prior to the start of the tour. 2018 is less than 6 months away.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I want to go to the doctor with TR when he's 85 and constipated and hear him yell "there is no fucking poo there is only pee".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TR just posted a picture of The Fragile DE.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BWQtLi8A...ken-by=treznor

And behind it, something that ends with "nce"? The new EP?

The Nuisance?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Trent just shared a pic on instagram which I believe may be a sneak peek at the new ep. Looks like it's called "the evidence"
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 07-07-2017 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    "The Actual Evence."
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 07-07-2017 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It's "the presence"

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Is it just me, or does the item behind The Fragile (which we are assuming is the 2nd EP) look like it's fabric? The edge isn't straight and sharp like vinyl. Either that, or the edge of the vinyl housing is super wavy because it's also been damaged in shipping to him.

Edit: looking at it full size, it's definitely something screen printed on fabric, so either a shirt or the physical component this time will be fabric-based.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 07-07-2017 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Still sticking 100% to THE EVIDENCE. Bet he even steals my artwork.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Is it just me, or does the item behind The Fragile (which we are assuming is the 2nd EP) look like it's fabric? The edge isn't straight and sharp like vinyl. Either that, or the edge of the vinyl housing is super wavy because it's also been damaged in shipping to him.

Edit: looking at it full size, it's definitely something screen printed on fabric, so either a shirt or the physical component this time will be fabric-based.
    Yeah the moment I saw it I thought it looked like cloth. I could see it being a fabric sleeve for more artwork cards.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Well, he said the EP is coming out before the start of the shows, and that's in two weeks, so there's pretty much no question "NEXT WEEK" refers to the announcement/release of that (and probably also an update to the store).

As for touring, he said previously there were no plans to tour this year, and the Aftershock announcement on nin.com refers to it as "a rare 2017 appearance," which wouldn't make any sense if there was a tour in the works.

The band are all seasoned NIN vets, so it's pretty simple for them to learn a couple new songs and brush up on the old ones. Sadly, since this is a festival run, I wouldn't be surprised if their 90 minute sets are comprised mostly of standard hits with only a couple new songs peppered in (though I really hope that's not the case).

The third EP will most likely be released very late in the year, so- assuming there will be a tour at all- it's massively unlikely it would be before 2018.
    There aren't all that many new songs to sprinkle in anyway.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    There aren't all that many new songs to sprinkle in anyway.
    Assuming the new record is 5 or 6 songs, that's at least 10 that have never been performed live. If that were an album the band was touring with, we could safely expect to hear 7-8 of them in the set, but my point is- given how festival sets usually go- we may only get 3-4. Moreover, Branches/Bones is the most obvious one for a live setting, and it's under two minutes long (though here's hoping the live version is longer).

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post

I's clearly fabric. You can tell just by the lettering. There are also letters above the "NCE", so unless it's

____The
    Evidence

or

____The
    Presence

I doubt it's got anything to do with the new EP..

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    It must be a tshirt "Viva la france"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I's clearly fabric. You can tell just by the lettering. There are also letters above the "NCE", so unless it's

____The
    Evidence

or

____The
    Presence

I doubt it's got anything to do with the new EP..
    its his Trump/Pence campaign shirt.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    "Not The Actual Events," "The Evidence." Both titles that can be used to describe something that merely implies a set of circumstances, but without concrete confirmation. Based on this obvious pattern, the third EP will likely be called "The Implication."

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    There are also letters above the "NCE"
    By "letters" I assume you are referring to the tiny scalene triangle that could be absolutely anything? Could be a line, another shape, the (admittedly blocky) S of NINE INCH NAILS, HALO THIRTY ONE, or the Space Invaders emoji.

I doubt it's got anything to do with the new EP.
    Don't be silly, silly.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Here are all the eight letter words in the English language that end with ENCE:

AMBIENCE, AUDIENCE, CLARENCE, COMMENCE, CREDENCE, DISPENCE, EMINENCE, EVIDENCE, EXIGENCE, FIPPENCE, FLORENCE, LENIENCE, MERGENCE, NASCENCE, NOWHENCE, OPULENCE, OUTFENCE, PATIENCE, PRESENCE, PRETENCE, PRUDENCE, PUNGENCE, SALIENCE, SAPIENCE, SENTENCE, SEQUENCE, SITHENCE, SIXPENCE, SUSPENCE, TANGENCE, TENDENCE, TENPENCE, TUPPENCE, TWOPENCE, VERGENCE, VIOLENCE

I expect it to be EVIDENCE, I really hope it's not PRESENCE, and I wouldn't be surprised with AMBIENCE, AUDIENCE, PATIENCE (too Tooly), SENTENCE, SEQUENCE (too Human Centipedey), VERGENCE, or VIOLENCE.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Assuming the new record is 5 or 6 songs, that's at least 10 that have never been performed live. If that were an album the band was touring with, we could safely expect to hear 7-8 of them in the set, but my point is- given how festival sets usually go- we may only get 3-4. Moreover, Branches/Bones is the most obvious one for a live setting, and it's under two minutes long (though here's hoping the live version is longer).
    I was being a dummy and only thinking of NtAE. Extra dummified considering the second EP is the topic of this thread. I guess it just isn't real to me until I'm listening. Or at least have a track list and preorder in.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    extra dummified considering the second ep is the topic of this thread.
    Ooor IS IT??