Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 1973

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I pretty much only wear it with a jacket on that obscures it. If someone knows the band they recognize it, if not they don't think I'm a Nazi. I definitely wouldn't feel right wearing it anywhere that an actual shooting had happened recently.

I live in Vegas, and before the shooting maybe two weeks before the shooting I was wearing my ADD VIOLENCE shirt while I was out running errands, I got asked about it quite a bit. I just said its the title of a new album from NIN (I know its an EP but it just made explaining it easier). I actually didn't like the attention I got from it.
    I'm going to wear my "Used To Stand For Something" shirt because Vegas even though this is a purple state leaning towards red, for the most part people here are sick of Trump and think he is an idiot like two thirds of the country. The "used to stand for something" wasn't meant for the Trump administration, but as they said suddenly seems appropriate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Basically with what the last posts have been saying, I too feel hesitant to wear it lately which bugs me. When the last major shooting took place in Orlando, for a while I was super conscious about what shirts I wore out. On one hand it is relevant to society in America and people can easily take it as you're trying to make a controversial statement, and on the other hand you're just like "Fuck, I just like the band dude and I am in the mood to wear it".

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It's a shame, too. It's an awesomely-fitting shirt. ^^'
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 10-19-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    the more I listen to the background world, it's becoming one of my favourite NIИ tracks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    the more I listen to the background world, it's becoming one of my favourite NIИ tracks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Same.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I couldn’t resist buying this cute little plastic disc last night at the lv show. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I couldn’t resist buying this cute little plastic disc last night at the lv show. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me to, with a few other items, I still want the Add Violence vinyl as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes, I can tell that too.
    "The Background World" is the best song in there.
    It mixes a traditional industrial with elements of classical music ( add violins ).
    I can't tell you how the lyrics is mind-blowing and the structure of the music is pretty unconventional.

What bugs me most is the 52 iterations of distortion, pretty much over the top. They could have made the first part longer and the latter part shorter.
    For I fan have to say they have sinned in this decision...
    But some weird cool things happen here, like the iterations getting out of tempo and then slowly getting back to it in the end.

I was playing it loud today and my wife said:
    "What the fuck is it? Are you trying to catch an FM radio or something? It's all a noise!"
    I laughed my guts off and kept repeating to her - "Are you sure this is what you wannttttt!!!!?"
    so there isnt any digital booklet ? any scan to make one ? come one I lknow it's 5€ but I won't open the shit.
    Hey Blu-Ray guy. Are you serious, you won't open your CD?
    I'm curious about the booklet and if there's even mention of the song names in it...
    I haven't seen any yet...

Actually, here is a good video on the CD and the Physical Component.
    Last edited by Quantum550; 10-23-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    Hey Blu-Ray guy. Are you serious, you won't open your CD?
    Start to understand how far you were ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just noticed that HMV in UK are doing a pre-order for Add Violence EP. So that's Amazon (US) and HMV (UK) both with preorders. But not on NIN.com so a new vinyl sales strategy emerging?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I feel like “This Isn’t the Place” is incredibly overlooked on this EP. I know I was guilty of that at first.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This Isn't The Place is my favorite track on this EP. Cannot neglect this song.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I can't stop listening to "The Background World". The fade out is so awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only thing that bugs me about This Isn't the Place is that delay on Trent's voice when he says "line." Sounds kind of corny IMO. In general he kind of goes overboard with vocal delay these days. Still love this EP though.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    The first time I heard it I was like, holy crap, this is my favorite NIN song in the last 10 years. It is absolutely amazing.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataxia View Post
    kind of corny
    NIN has always been corny, though.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    NIN has always been corny, though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    The first time I heard it I was like, holy crap, this is my favorite NIN song in the last 10 years. It is absolutely amazing.
    I got an incredible high when I first heard it. The opening just gave me goosebumps and chills.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My favorite is The Lovers. It's kind of unusual for nin, I don't know how. There's nothing really aesthetically different about it but it stands out in the discography. When I listen to it, it's very visual. I feel like it fits into the world of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Got the CD from Wal-Mart a couple days ago.

They NEVER have NIN stuff so i was quite tickled. Living in a rural area my options are quite limited so hell yes and it wasn't too expensive either compared to Amazon with tax and shipping included.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    This EP is a confirmed winner for me. I put it on during the weekend, and I still love it.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Got the CD
    Wait, this is available in CD now... like an official non-bootleg version?

if so I definitely missed that news. Is NTAE available as well?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Wait, this is available in CD now... like an official non-bootleg version?

if so I definitely missed that news. Is NTAE available as well?
    it's been available on CD for a while, both online and at retail outlets. https://smile.amazon.com/Add-Violenc...70_&dpSrc=srch

no news on NTAE yet, but it's supposedly coming out on the 17th if you had pre-ordered it from certain places (its listing now shows "currently unavailable on amazon, for example, but my order of it still shows it arriving on the 17th).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    This is a pretty awesome playlist.

It actually flows really well together, with each track forming a loose tonal pairing. For example, both albums' most aggressive tracks (The Idea Of You and Not Anymore) come one after the other when ordered sequentially like this. I wonder if this is something Trent might have had in mind, given that he mentioned the EPs would take on additional context as the trilogy unfolds.

Whatever, it's just a joy to listen to. NIN is one of the most essential artists working today as far as I'm concerned.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    I got an incredible high when I first heard it. The opening just gave me goosebumps and chills.
    It wasn't the first time, but one of the first few times I listened to it I laid down on the couch and listened to the whole EP in really good headphones with my eyes closed, just soaking it in. During the part where the music stops and he goes, "Are you sure...", that first one, like, I don't know if I've EVER been hit so hard by a song before. I don't remember if I cried, but I was damn close. Hit me like a ton of bricks, and I was not expecting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a little odd no?
    The vinyl description on Amazon now states for ADD VIOLENCE:
    Add Violence EP

EP (7"/10"/12" extended play, 33/45 rpm), Extended Play

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    JPC.de just shipped my Add Violence 12" EP. Still no confirmation from NIN.com.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    JPC.de just shipped my Add Violence 12" EP. Still no confirmation from NIN.com.
    Someone in france received it

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Someone in france received it
    great for him. i checked my account on jpc.de and it's indeed the vinyl they shipped this afternoon. i already received the av cd a few weeks ago. tbc