Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1973

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Who else wants some multitracks for this baby. Give us everything, Trent. NTAE, too. I want to make a NIN remix album-worthy mix of a NIN song before I'm too poor to have a computer, and this is my favorite stuff in 15 years.
    Definitely want that bassline from "Less Than" in isolation, at least!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Trent's vocal delivery in Not Anymore when he screams "And What I'm Doing This For!" is the most chilling/goose-bump inducing line that I've heard from him in a long time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It can not be a coincidence that "Welcome Oblivion" is mentioned in Less Than, that the whole theme of this EP trilogy is a dream from which you can not wake up, and that the first song on How To Destroy Angels' album is titled The Wake Up .

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    This is a horrific story (cw: slavery and rape) but it's hard not to think about this now whenever I hear the line "can't seem to wake up".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    has anyone noticed trents latest instagram post? https://www.instagram.com/p/BX-oz2Jg...ken-by=treznor

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    The CD release on JPC.de was first 9/1, then 9/15 and now 10/13: Add Violence @ jpc.de
    Anyway, I pre-ordered it some time ago and the price is getting lower and lower (got twice a refund of 1 euro).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    has anyone noticed trents latest instagram post? https://www.instagram.com/p/BX-oz2Jg...ken-by=treznor
    Yeah, most of that discussion is happening on the Back Cover ARG thread though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Amazon.com keeps stating, NTAE for the 1st and AV for 22nd September.
    It will be released under Capitol (Did they change again from Columbia since Hesitation Marks?).
    Let's hope they stick to those dates. As for the jpc.de dates, it is logical to think that it is going to take a little longer the product to be manufactured in Europe.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    In hindsight I'm not ecstatic that T-Rez included this shirt in the bundle considering it's completely unwearable given the current political/cultural issues we're having in this country. I don't know which one would be appropriate at this time though. Oh well...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I think what is happening in the US is happening everywhere.
    It's just that in US the news get out and the media make the most of it.
    But where I live it's just about the same thing, even worse.
    Racism is about three thousand years to get eradicated from society, if ever.
    But if you think enough, this has been always good for governments.
    It is their fault to keep the society unbalanced and make the "minorities" fight against whatever group.
    A society without those concerns is a society who walks all over any government.
    But wait, we need people to vote, don't we? That's why the roots of that are created by government.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Add Violence

I was listening to AV in the car. Like another poster said, it's a pretty muddy mix. Not really a complaint, just an interesting choice they made. NTAE is very crisp by comparison. On a couple of songs, the sharpest element are the snare sounds, and the bass is the loudest element in the mix by far. Curious. Sounds notably different from most other commercial releases I have, almost like a bedroom musician mix, like you're inside someone's head or something. V intriguing.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    It is their fault to keep the society unbalanced and make the "minorities" fight against whatever group.
    A society without those concerns is a society who walks all over any government.
    But wait, we need people to vote, don't we? That's why the roots of that are created by government.
    Where i live, Christians ARE NOT in charge, so basically they became closer to nazis, and we laff at them, there is no way those christians will be singing love in the street without ppl like me yelling at them (they tried once). USA is ruled by the most dangerous and ridiculous old cult on earth. Here we are fighting against those desperate assholes wanting to going back in charge.
    Just a difference I wanted to point out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    @ninjaw , I recommend that you watch a film called "Silence", with Liam Neeson and Andrew Garfield.
    I thought buddism was that religion of peace with zero killing score. I think I was wrong.
    This religion actually killed thousands of christians.
    But I didn't understand your point, what do christians have to do with this?

I recommend two songs for you, from De/Vision's album 13:
    "Gasoline" - I think it is spoken to the muslins and ISIS.
    "I'm your son" - I think it is spoken to the US folks you talk about.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Where i live, Christians ARE NOT in charge, so basically they became closer to nazis, and we laff at them, there is no way those christians will be singing love in the street without ppl like me yelling at them (they tried once). USA is ruled by the most dangerous and ridiculous old cult on earth. Here we are fighting against those desperate assholes wanting to going back in charge.
    Just a difference I wanted to point out.
    Yeah, fuck those christians singing in the street. Punch those fuckin' cunts in the head!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    In hindsight I'm not ecstatic that T-Rez included this shirt in the bundle considering it's completely unwearable given the current political/cultural issues we're having in this country. I don't know which one would be appropriate at this time though. Oh well...

I think saying it's unwearable is a stretch. I get where you're coming from but I think it will be fine.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 08-25-2017 at 05:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anything it will just be an icebreaker to open the conversation of what the shirt actually represents, the story told/world painted by the related release(s), and the topics it is addressing, as well as how they relate to the current state of the world.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

To wear it you just need to put it on.

In all honesty, it never crossed my mind that wearing that t-shirt could get anyone in trouble, but I know what you mean (especially if you are in the States). Now that you mentioned it, it makes me want to order it, and I might once the whole merch thing is sorted out. I don't take it as an order to people to be violent (reminds me of Bill Burr's bit about billboards ads regarding violence against women), i take it more as an observation/statement.

I like that TR still has that provocative thing going on.

If you bought the bundle and you got the t-shirt and won't use it, I'll buy it from you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantum550 View Post
    Divide and conquer, it's that simple.

Governments are not such thing, they don't govern, they're just the middle men between big corporations and us.

When you analyze the whole thing and you go down that rabbit hole, it becomes clear and it is very depressing, because you realise it's a scam hidden in plain sight and there is nothing we can do because we are more concerned about all these fabricated issues and injustices, blaming it on each other, while the puppet masters are having the time of their lives.

Thank god (or whatever you believe in) for music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually wore this out around town last weekend and no one batted an eye. The only comment anybody had either way was a guy that liked the shirt because he thought the gauge was a razor blade. I think you'd be fine wearing it.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimaton View Post
    I actually wore this out around town last weekend and no one batted an eye. The only comment anybody had either way was a guy that liked the shirt because he thought the gauge was a razor blade. I think you'd be fine wearing it.
    I've had shaved, "Bobby Hill" hair for over two decades. I also have blonde hair and blue eyes... I can honestly say I haven't caught a strange glance yet while wearing the shirt.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Amazon just told me the Add Violence CD is NOW shipping October 13th.
    Have a funny feeling that Sandbag has somehow fucked this up for us again...

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Amazon just told me the Add Violence CD is NOW shipping October 13th.
    Have a funny feeling that Sandbag has somehow fucked this up for us again...
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    The CD release on JPC.de was first 9/1, then 9/15 and now 10/13: Add Violence @ jpc.de
    Anyway, I pre-ordered it some time ago and the price is getting lower and lower (got twice a refund of 1 euro).

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    October 13....lol so in other words expect the CD in July 2020

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    I was listening to AV in the car. Like another poster said, it's a pretty muddy mix. Not really a complaint, just an interesting choice they made. NTAE is very crisp by comparison. On a couple of songs, the sharpest element are the snare sounds, and the bass is the loudest element in the mix by far. Curious. Sounds notably different from most other commercial releases I have, almost like a bedroom musician mix, like you're inside someone's head or something. V intriguing.
    I've always thought Discipline had a muddy mix. I know what you mean on this one, though it's definitely a choice on their part to mix it this way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Crap... Add Violence pushed for 13rd October? You gotta be fucking kidding me...
    At least Not The Actual Events remained on the 1st September.
    To be honest but I think this go-no-go should be alarming to Reznor... it's irritating as fuck to us, fans.
    Sandbag is fair when they do crap, they once refunded me with a 90 day delay because they didn't offer tracking number on a CD.
    After half a year the product got home, pristine and I told them to charge me and they just gave me as a gift.

But I must tell you this whole vinyl shit is getting on my nerves, really...
    I understand NIN.com statement but look...
    The "Coming Soon" thing is really getting on my nerves too...
    It's like a never ending line to the swing sex room... it's agonizing.

Please Reznor, unleash the whole fucking CD thing...
    Last edited by Quantum550; 08-27-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Am I blind? I can't find NTAE CD on Amazon.

got AV CD delayed but ordered. Thanks

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    Am I blind? I can't find NTAE CD on Amazon.

got AV CD delayed but ordered. Thanks
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone noticed that the SUBMISSION, MORALE, DISORDER, APPERCEPTION,ANXIETY, ... levels on the back cover are different from the ones on the PC sheet?

http://imgur.com/a/Rbbrz
    http://cdn.nin.com/wp-content/upload...ssthan_web.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not sure if anybody mentioned this yet, but does anybody else hear "Closer" in The Background World, especially towards the end?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetvet1975 View Post
    Not sure if anybody mentioned this yet, but does anybody else hear "Closer" in The Background World, especially towards the end?
    Can you tell us which specific timing? I don't think Close has been put there.