Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Add Violence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    We know them, but who are you ?
    Thanks, I googled them and discovered they are his wife and brother.

I'm noone special :-(

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Not been online since last Wednesday after a real shitty long weekend and this news (and this tread) have made my day

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    (tweet)

If that's what "next week" was about, I'm going to lol.
    You can watch all 4 episodes on HBOGO. Trent is featured in episode 3. Really good stuff.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    You can watch all 4 episodes on HBOGO. Trent is featured in episode 3. Really good stuff.
    Unfortunately I can't, because I'm not in the US.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    LOL, I was just having fun with you; no one thinks this is another ARG. We're just very very confident that Trent knows his fanbase and wouldn't put out a partially obscured word ending in an E in a post on the same day he teases the new EP by accident. He's done teasy things like this with almost every album since The Fragile; it's almost par for the course at this point.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm still rooting for IT'S COCKLIKE, but just don't be surprised when we're back here in the next few days discussing ___ ____ENCE.

I think this was almost definitely a prelude to IT'S COCKLIKE.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perterje View Post
    Thanks, I googled them and discovered they are his wife and brother.

I'm noone special :-(
    Have you never checked out Atticus' non-Trent scores? Because that trio is on most of them. Also 12 Rounds. And like nearly every musical project he's had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Have you never checked out Atticus' non-Trent scores? Because that trio is on most of them. Also 12 Rounds. And like nearly every musical project he's had.
    Not yet, but it's definitely on my todo-list!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Happy Monday! I'm so happy the first thing I did sipping coffee at work was check in on this thread. Every time I think I've seen peak ETS, I'm proven wrong. I love you all. This thread has everything!

-general excitement
    -boundless speculation
    -off the wall theories
    -unrealistic expectations
    -hopes for discounts because of previous disappointment
    -tour date discussion
    -poop jokes
    -preemptive disappointment for something we haven't heard yet
    -reddit makes an appearance with fake tracks
    -Twin Peaks!
    -crudely edited images
    -font analysis
    -poor mockups
    -worrying about mods purging/locking the thread
    -general presumption that TR is monitoring us even though he has better things to do
    -[nobody's brought up Tapeworm yet, though, so that makes me disappointed]

Everyone loves a circus, and pre/post NIN release is one of my favorites. Can't wait to see what's in store for us next this week!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tucker973 View Post
    Happy Monday! I'm so happy the first thing I did sipping coffee at work was check in on this thread. Every time I think I've seen peak ETS, I'm proven wrong. I love you all. This thread has everything!

-general excitement
    -boundless speculation
    -off the wall theories
    -unrealistic expectations
    -hopes for discounts because of previous disappointment
    -tour date discussion
    -poop jokes
    -preemptive disappointment for something we haven't heard yet
    -reddit makes an appearance with fake tracks
    -Twin Peaks!
    -crudely edited images
    -font analysis
    -poor mockups
    -worrying about mods purging/locking the thread
    -general presumption that TR is monitoring us even though he has better things to do
    -[nobody's brought up Tapeworm yet, though, so that makes me disappointed]

Everyone loves a circus, and pre/post NIN release is one of my favorites. Can't wait to see what's in store for us next this week!
    Hear, hear! As a lurker-turned-poster since 2005, the enjoyment and absurdity (and endless critique) leading up to a release is usually never-ending.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Wild speculation... a 1000 Homo DJs mini tour.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If it is the new EP, I'm guessing this Friday

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    TPD Live.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The EP will be called...

ITS WORMTAPE

There's your Tapeworm reference @joplinpicasso

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Am I the only one who remembers him saying that future live shows would probably not be full tours because he wanted his kids to have as close to as normal a life as possible?
    Nah, I'm with you, for precisely that reason. My money's on "no big tours for quite awhile still," I just haven't wanted to dampen anyone's enthusiasm. (Plus it'd be nice to be wrong!)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Calling your kids Lazarus and Balthazar does not suggest somebody wanting a normal life for your kids!

Also don't his kids go to school with the guy from Muse who is touring. Lots of people in music have kids and it never stops them touring
    Last edited by WorzelG; 07-10-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    THE SAFTDANS

(Sorry, I saw Men Without Hats at an outdoor concert last week and I got to thinking....)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Am I the only one who remembers him saying that future live shows would probably not be full tours because he wanted his kids to have as close to as normal a life as possible?
    I dunno, I follow Josh Freese on Instagram and it looks like he's never not on tour, while raising 4 kids at the same time.
    And kids are not kids forever. Yes, they need attention, but when they are a bit older, I'm sure the family can survive an occasional tour with no trouble. Especially since NIN is used to having 3-4 years of touring hiatus. It's not like we'll ever have a 2005-2009 schedule again, but a 4-5 months of tour after three-year break? Why not?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    And kids are not kids forever. Yes, they need attention, but when they are a bit older, I'm sure the family can survive an occasional tour with no trouble.
    Yeah, I'd been assuming that once they're older we'll be more likely to see a tour, esp. in the summer when having a family tag along is a bit more doable.

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Lots of people in music have kids and it never stops them touring
    If you feel morally obligated to spend as much time as possible with your kids while they're growing up, I don't think the "well someone else doesn't do that!" line of argument is going to hold much water. Just because Muse feels that the cost/benefit analysis works out one way doesn't mean that TR's in the same boat, or would make the same judgement call.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Might be wrong here but maybe Trent enjoy's spending time with his kids in between recording and wants to spend as much time as he can with them, so touring is just not a priority right now (at least not a full on tour). That and touring can be pretty expensive. And i'm OK with that.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    If it is the new EP, I'm guessing this Friday
    My guess was EP this Friday, announcement today. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The "this person does it" argument doesn't work because he specifically said that the way other people do it is not how he wants to do it. He also said though that he wasn't entirely certain how it would work out and I kinda thought it would be something like the short htda tour.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Assuming all of the physical components tie together for the 3 EP's, I'm hopeful for something like Coil's Live Box or Dolbied/The Melancholy Mad Tenant upon completion.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm expecting a saturday night release. That way it if comes sooner it's a surprise and no disappointment!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I hope I'm wrong and we get something cooler, but I feel like after the 3rd EP comes out, we may only get a thing where the 3 EPs come in a sturdy cardboard sleeve with unique artwork that simply houses the 3 EPs in their regular form, just collected together in a slightly nicer packaging.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    If you combine the mysterious powders from all three physical components, you get a mysterious new substance also known as the perfect drug

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I hope I'm wrong and we get something cooler, but I feel like after the 3rd EP comes out, we may only get a thing where the 3 EPs come in a sturdy cardboard sleeve with unique artwork that simply houses the 3 EPs in their regular form, just collected together in a slightly nicer packaging.
    More likely: A limited edition folder icon to hold your digital files from the trilogy.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I just hope that this release can have artwork as genius and creative as that Physical Component and that the music is as good as NTAE. I cannot overstate my love of that EP -- I've only become bigger on it as time's gone by.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Why would you say that, has it been confirmed? I still would find it weird for him to put all the band members together for only three festival dates.
    100% agree. It's a ton of work to translate the songs for live, rehearse, get production ready, etc. there's a massive fixed cost and they'd be somewhat foolish to do it only for a few festival shows, unless it's really simple, scaled back, and somewhat punk rock in ethos. It is still business, after all.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericy210 View Post
    100% agree. It's a ton of work to translate the songs for live, rehearse, get production ready, etc. there's a massive fixed cost and they'd be somewhat foolish to do it only for a few festival shows, unless it's really simple, scaled back, and somewhat punk rock in ethos. It is still business, after all.
    I have a feeling the stage show and production will be very minimal.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Or maybe it'll be a similar but updated version of the 2014 shows since they already had the logistics of that production ironed out? I'm sure the announcement we're all chomping at the bit for will come on Friday, as most suspect, but I really hope we get some details earlier in the week and the EP is available to purchase/download by Friday. I can't wait to find out the official title/cover art/tracklisting. Been listening to NTAE at least once daily since the "NEXT WEEK" tweet.