Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Instagram

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I'd love that but I also wonder if it's too far gone. The addition of Stories was annoying but it grew on me. But the new TikTok imitation is fucking horrific. I used to troll the search page and it was actually pretty well curated to my interests. But after Reels became a thing it's completely useless. And half the Reels are just TikToks posted on IG...with the goddamn logo on it and everything. I fuckin hate it.
    Oh yes i completely agree, Reels is just TikTok (and i have no time for tiktok, nothing against "the kids" but everything on there is just lip syncing or really bad comedy, i've only ever seen a half dozen that were actually OK. It's like they saw vines and just took all the least talented people from that and made a new thing!) It's possible they could separate, but we don't know how far FB had it's claws into Instas roots. FB's algorithms have made it SO difficult to get your content actually seen by anyone...but that's an issue on all the socials i've seen, even Deviant Art!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ It is extremely saturated to the point of parody. I used to average about 50 to 60 likes on my photography from people I didn't know from all around the world... Now I'm lucky if I get 16. The hashtags were also more accessible and you could even see yourself getting support in real time if you wanted to edit a few.

My timeline is littered with people taking the SAME exact photo of themselves, or posting themselves with their dog. I am an avid animal lover, but ffs.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My main account http://www.instagram.com/neorev_music where I post stuff about my NEOREV and sharing my digital artwork.

https://www.instagram.com/thisishexagram is an alt account where I edit old stock footage with pieces of music I've made.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/robbiekorwek/

I've been posting one picture a day on Instagram for almost 6 years now. I'm told some of them are actually good.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    too bad people without an account can't see them...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadReyes View Post
    Posting daily for 6 years is impressive. And if people are saying your pics are good, that's even better! ��
    Up to 9 years now. Some weeks it's exhausting when I don't want to leave the house

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)