Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandbag Watch - NIN and Sandbag part. Livenation picks up the pieces.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    some of you people will bitch about absolutely anything.
    Even ignoring the price, TF1 doesn't really fulfill the mission statement part about being a great physical thing to explore while listening. There's not much to it. Hence, disappointment. I'm sure the DEs will be fine though.

PS. Our fucking phones are supposed to be off while listening, so I can't even enjoy the PDF.

Edit: but at the end of the day, I'd rather this come into existence than not.
    Last edited by blassster; 06-30-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Prodigy released their last album The Day Is My Enemy on triple color vinyl (red, yellow, & black) each in their own matching colored sleeve with a large foldout double sided poster and 3D lenticular cover art piece all housed inside a box case for $70 for example.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Mine arrived damaged, corners crushed. I opened a ticket, and I expect a replacement (I'll gladly send this one back once I received an undamaged copy). At $80, I expect a product that arrives undamaged. They should have used better mailers, no excuses. It's a heavy item, and there's no excuse for crappy packaging.

As far as the release itself, my only issue is the flimsy quality of the jacket. To be fair, it is oversized to fit two records in each sleeve, so that is not the issue. But at this price, the materials could have been a little higher quality. Design wise, I'm not going to complain about no booklet or printed inners.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    well I get the damaged product is annoying. that I'm not talking about.

and I guess I'll wait to get mine before I decide whether or not everyone is being ridiculous .

the only thing I'm concerned about is the fact that I moved between when I placed my order and now. I notified the company when I did, and they said all good. but I'm doubtful that I won't have some issues.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I'm just going to print out my Deviations PDF on high-quality stock paper and make it a part of the physical media package, to offset any design gripes..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    I'm just going to print out my Deviations PDF on high-quality stock paper and make it a part of the physical media package, to offset any design gripes..
    I was kind of planning to do that too actually.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    been here for so many years. since the beginning I think... I don't know why I'm surprised. it just seems like it gets worse and worse and worse as I get older.
    Thats because everybody else here is also getting older and crankier.

(Not that I completely disagree with the complaints mind you)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The five stages of NIN fandom:

1. Holy shit, a new thing was announced! YEEEESSSSSSSSS!
    2. The thing that was just announced isn't in my hands yet. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?
    3. The thing is here now but isn't the absolute greatest thing of all time. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?
    4. Okay, I like the thing now. GREATEST BAND EVER.
    5. Maybe the next thing will be the absolute greatest thing of all time. WHAT THE FUCK IS TAKING SO LONG?
    1. Holy shit, a new thing was annou...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I just hope TR is not gonna abandon whatever reissues he has planned further based on fandom response to this thing...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I just hope TR is not gonna abandon whatever reissues he has planned further based on fandom response to this thing...
    Agreed.

Trent! Keep making all the things! We love the things! We love you! We're just little bitches! Forgive us!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Most of us here could only dream of the painfully rewarding process that is pressing a record.. just think Trent has been trying to press all of these things at once, this alone was 4xLps, + TF's 3 LPs + Broken Lp & 7", + TDS 2xLP + NTAE 1xLP.. not to mention all of the soundtrack LPs + artwork for all of these gems. I am absolutely understanding of the issues that Trent & Co are dealing with. Regardless of how professional one may seem, human error will always be an element. Hopefully at least the whole shipping damage fiasco is dealt with before any more records are sent out
    Last edited by Soma; 06-30-2017 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I don't get it, isn't it the perfect moment to bitch ? and mandatory ? I'm not sure being a sheep eating awful ridiculous vinyl and l'appoule is a solution, actually it never been and never won't.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So have there been any reports of people receiving copies that aren't damaged at all?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I haven't received a damaged copy. When it arrives though it probably will be damaged.

Maybe he should have just packaged it in a bag of dirt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Reading all this negative feedback has got me worried. I too was expecting more than what I'm seeing and hearing in these comments. True, there was no mention of a mind blowing physical product housed on Mongolian goat fur but there appears to be something 'standard' about this release.

A lot of comments reflect the US price-$80. Don't forget in the UK we have paid close to $100 for this. To me, that's a lot of money for a vinyl release. For example, the Five Years Bowie set is only just over twice this price and I only just picked up the Radiohead Ok Computer 3xlp reissue for £25 on Blue vinyl. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDBC8APXcAE-g_0.jpg

I will hold back on my own judgement until I, A: have a copy in my hands and B: actually listen to this before interrogating the vinyl mission statement. I do think the negatives are justified based on the delay and high price though.
    Last edited by sore_and_crucified; 06-30-2017 at 05:11 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Hmm feeling quite justified in getting a refund now since I don't even have a record player! i hope Trent gets over this vinyl obsession soon as it feels quite alienating to people without a record player, like he got rid of The Spiral club because he saw that as creating fan division, like you had to have more money to be a fan.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The top left corner on mine is crumpled / crushed. I honestly don't know if it's even worth the hassle of returning and waiting for a replacement. The replacement will probably have similar issues anyway due the mail.

The sticker mentions Interscope...so is this an Interscope backed release or just mentioned because The Fragile originally came out while on Interscope? What are the odds of any of these re-releases being in physical stores?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Re-releases are on Interscope/Universal, this one is specially commissioned by the band (presumably with a licensing deal from them) for a limited fan-only release outside stores.

It's almost as though fans are not aware of the challenges this would pose
    Last edited by botley; 06-30-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So have there been any reports of people receiving copies that aren't damaged at all?
    The very first person that posted pictures when they received it appeared to have a pristine copy.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    The very first person that posted pictures when they received it appeared to have a pristine copy.
    The bottom-left corner is dented through the entire gatefold.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just got this back from Sandbag, so if you're sleeve is in any way messed up, email them immediately!

Thank you for your email.

We will resend you a sleeve for your vinyl order in the next few days.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good, you can use the "old" sleeve for storing half of the LPs to avoid damage storing 4Lp in one gatefold.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The bottom-left corner is dented through the entire gatefold.
    Huh..I must not have caught that on my phone.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ParaGun View Post
    Good, you can use the "old" sleeve for storing half of the LPs to avoid damage storing 4Lp in one gatefold.
    The only way to avoid ringwear is to never keep any records in the gatefold. Use a polybag and keep the records in inner sleeves behind the gatefold in the bag. That way the back of the gatefold is an extra layer of protection against ringwear if it's on a shelf with pressure from other records or whatever.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Hmm feeling quite justified in getting a refund now since I don't even have a record player! i hope Trent gets over this vinyl obsession soon as it feels quite alienating to people without a record player, like he got rid of The Spiral club because he saw that as creating fan division, like you had to have more money to be a fan.
    I'm glad I got a refund as well. Not so much because of the packaging...I kinda of like the minimalist approach...but because I too have no record player. I really like the aesthetic on vinyl but at this point in my life I really don't want to start another collection that will probably end up in a box collecting dust (I'm looking at you, compact discs and dvds). All that being said, slight FOMO.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Here's an $80 4LP vinyl set that is actually worth the price tag...

except the sound quality is absolute shit

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I have three reports from france including me having a tracking number for DHL/Ukmail

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    except the sound quality is absolute shit
    also he released that embarrassing Siddhartha set so he's hardly a paragon of box set virtue

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Mine came in today which is three days early, so thanks USPS!

It's literally just the record in a cardboard mailer. Not even a thin sheet of bubblewrap. Holy shit. A couple of corners are a little crumpled but I honestly just don't care.

I'd thought I might change in opinion once I held the thing in my hands, but I'm more convinced than I was before that this was worth half of what they charged for it. The records themselves sound great, but this is unbelievably basic -- it's the download card, the gatefold with a couple of images printed inside, the front and the back cover and one white sheet that has the tracklisting and the back of it is entirely blank. Hesitation Marks' and The Slip's vinyl releases had more to it than this one does, and last I checked they weren't $80.

it's cool to be listening to it on my favorite format, but that's about it. I definitely wouldn't want to admit how much I paid for it to somebody I had over who saw it and asked about it.

The music of this is one of my favorite things in the NIN catalog. I've listened to Deviations more than the main album this year, but that's what really keeps this from being a special item for me -- I've already been listening to it all year. I'm sure work went into the packaging, but when I hold it in my hands and look at it, it doesn't feel like it.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 06-30-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    mine arrived today. slight bend on the bottom right hand corner, but no big deal. I'm just glad I have it and it looks nice sitting next to my vinyl copy of the fragile.

a booklet of the pdf images would have been cool, but oh well.

now I'll just wait for my other orders to arrive in august.