Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Actual Event?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The Actual Event?

ok call me nerdy, but looking for NIN clues via Twitter. There is a Twitter account (@NotActualEvents) that started tweeting last December (16th ahead of the NTAE release) about the new titles
    appearing on NTAE EP + the new titles on Deviations, as well as some other spurious/cryptic posts.

Doing some detective work, this Twitter account (followed by 229 followers) has one follower account called @TheActualEvent which as it happens has no followers (perhaps no NIN fan has seen it?)
    This account tweeted similar cryptic info to the other account but slightly differently.

Clues :
    One tweet has the Hexadecimal code of -
    32 4a 34 75 35 6c 31 69 38 61 37 6e 30

Now Hexadecimal to ASCII conversion reveals -
    2J4u5l1i8a7n0

Revealing
    Text sequence : Julian
    Numbers sequence : 245 187 0

In the Julian Calendar 2017
    187 = 6 July 2017
    245 = 2 Sept 2017

First live NIN show 23 July 2017 and next EP release is due before next show.
    Not sure if any of this means anything or whether I'm just a nerdy & wild conspiracy theorist!
    ps. The last tweet from this @TheActualEvent Twitter account was on Christmas day 2016 with the single word 'Tardust'

If nothing else it adds to the NIN intrigue....

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Evidently Trent's mad at us for not picking up ARG 2.0, he's finally decided to leak some details

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    A lot of us believed that twitter account to be illegitimate back in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Conspiracy or not, this entertained me for a few minutes. So thank you either way!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Since we are starting, I would like to remind you guys that you missed a pretty significant hidden messsage in the written lyrics of Branches/Bones, no, I am not reffering to the ending messed up part, I am reffering to a clear message.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/qZgP...utn_nnY5zA.png

This is from MP3 version of the song, officially from NIN's email once the EP dropped. I viewed these lyrics by putting the EP on Itunes Media Player which has an option for you to view lyrics, this was on it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    A lot of us believed that twitter account to be illegitimate back in December.
    Any specific reason you thought it was not an official account? It first tweeted on the 16th Dec exactly when NTAE was announced (minus track names etc) and gradually named the tracks which would be a bit weird for a non official account. Just thought it was very Trent too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Picture/avatar on twitter page changed recently to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Really? I can't remember what it used to be. Perhaps we are going to see another cryptic update soon...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Huh, one of the Tweets says:

"Everything is still falling apart"

A reference to "Things Falling Apart"...soo..maybe next cover art could be "Things Falling Apart" inspired

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ling_Apart.png

It is also connected, once again, to the Fragile era, just like "Still" was

If next album art will look like Things Falling Apart this is confirmed legit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    In the Julian Calendar 2017
    187 = 6 July 2017
    245 = 2 Sept 2017

First live NIN show 23 July 2017 and next EP release is due before next show.
    Not sure if any of this means anything or whether I'm just a nerdy & wild conspiracy theorist!
    ps. The last tweet from this @TheActualEvent Twitter account was on Christmas day 2016 with the single word 'Tardust'

The first EP dropped 2 days before Christmas.
    The second EP will drop 2 days after Independence Day.
    The third EP will drop 2 days before Labor Day.

Makes total sense!

The "actual events" are US Holidays.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Another interpretation -

Things Falling Apart Remix album by Nine Inch Nails Released November 21, 2000 =

Julian date 2451870 - Things Falling Apart came out {if you add the zero at the end for year 2000}

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    As far as theories go, this is pretty compelling. Let's just hope the Trent/Robin/Mariqueen collaboration from Twin Peaks winds up on the third EP that drops right before the third season ends

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    As far as theories go, this is pretty compelling. Let's just hope the Trent/Robin/Mariqueen collaboration from Twin Peaks winds up on the third EP that drops right before the third season ends
    Is this a spoiler?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Is this a spoiler?

Pretty sure it's fairly common knowledge that they've been involved with the new season of twin peaks.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    Pretty sure it's fairly common knowledge that they've been involved with the new season of twin peaks.
    Right but I haven't heard about a collaboration between them.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Right but I haven't heard about a collaboration between them.

Fair enough. Might be some assumption.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Is this a spoiler?

I mean it's pretty obvious if you've been watching the season that their cameo will almost definitely be a performance at the Bar.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Tardust. The black shit on the physical component perhaps? That would seem to confirm the legitimacy of the account as nobody knew about that on Christmas day. Or was it spoiled by then?

Ah back down the fucking rabbit hole again....

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I mean it's pretty obvious if you've been watching the season that their cameo will almost definitely be a performance at the Bar.
    I think it's pretty obvious I haven't been watching since I asked if it's a spoiler. I'd like to watch it all at once in the near future before it's spoiled for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The twitter account @NotActualEvents twitted this:

55c396aa7ac1

Hex to text conversion gave me this character:

Google translate from chinese to english says: dig a hole*

Also, both twitter accounts tweeted a message that seems to be a mix of cyrillic and arab:

@NotActualEvents:

cиhrاoопafمnheعhйنрхщедя

@TheActualEvent:

c̶и̶h̶r̶ا̶o̶о̶п̶a̶f̶م̶n̶h̶e̶ع̶h̶й̶ن̶р̶х̶щ̶е̶д̶я ̶

Same message, except for the strikethrough. Can someone figure out the meaning of it?

The hexadecimal message that the OP posted and figured out was also in the other twitter account @NotActualEvents but it was scribbed on top.

Down the rabbit hole we go...

* I will wait for someone else to sacrifice their physical component before i "dig a hole" in mine. Maybe Trent and Atticus' scratched eyes give a clue of where to start scratching?

PS: I take no responsibility if you actually screw up your NTAE pc.
    Last edited by tremolo; 06-23-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    The twitter account @NotActualEvents twitted this:

55c396aa7ac1

Hex to text conversion gave me this character:

Google translate from chinese to english says: dig a hole.

Also, both twitter accounts tweeted a message that seems to be a mix of cyrillic and arab:

@NotActualEvents:

cиhrاoопafمnheعhйنрхщедя

@TheActualEvent:

c̶и̶h̶r̶ا̶o̶о̶п̶a̶f̶م̶n̶h̶e̶ع̶h̶й̶ن̶р̶х̶щ̶е̶д̶я ̶

Same message, but scribbed. Can someone figure out the meaning of it?

The hexadecimal message that the OP posted and figured out was also in the other twitter account @NotActualEvents but it was scribbed on top.

Down the rabbit hole we go...
    I've been fucking around with the exact same 2 tweets for an hour and I'm getting nowhere. tried just translating the cyrillic and just the arabic and I got nothing. But I think the accounts are legit and there is more to be gleaned from it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    I've been fucking around with the exact same 2 tweets for an hour and I'm getting nowhere. tried just translating the cyrillic and just the arabic and I got nothing. But I think the accounts are legit and there is more to be gleaned from it.
    I translated the text in cyrillic (minus the arabic characters) from czech to english using google translate and it says:

The whole of the world.

I deleted the cyrillic text and left just the arabic characters on google translate and it formed this:

امعن

Translated into english it says:

Come on.
    Last edited by tremolo; 06-23-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I translated the text in cyrillic (minus the arabic characters) from czech to english using google translate and it says:

The whole of the world.

I deleted the cyrillic text and left just the arabic characters on google translate and it formed this:

امعن

Translated into english it says:

Come on.
    When I left translate set to auto detect it went to Serbian and came to nothing. So, so far you've got "Come on. The whole of the world. Dig a hole" not necessarily in that order. I am shit at this. You are on to something.

The whole thing is still very cryptic though with no obvious answer. But then again, I am shit at this...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Since we are starting, I would like to remind you guys that you missed a pretty significant hidden messsage in the written lyrics of Branches/Bones, no, I am not reffering to the ending messed up part, I am reffering to a clear message.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/qZgP...utn_nnY5zA.png

This is from MP3 version of the song, officially from NIN's email once the EP dropped. I viewed these lyrics by putting the EP on Itunes Media Player which has an option for you to view lyrics, this was on it.
    Trent's just wondering why you're looking at a messed up blob of text

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

~~`

Any specific reason you thought it was not an official account? It first tweeted on the 16th Dec exactly when NTAE was announced (minus track names etc) and gradually named the tracks which would be a bit weird for a non official account. Just thought it was very Trent too.
    Track names were officially announced on the 16th though. Also, track names were announced prior to the timestamps for the tweets (Example: http://www.theprp.com/2016/12/16/new...iations-1-set/ was published ~1pm)

Seriously, I highly doubt that these Twitter accounts are anything but someone trying to feel special for their (pretty lousy) 15 minutes of fame. There is a reason that these accounts have been inactive for half a year...
    Last edited by GentlemanLoser; 06-24-2017 at 01:10 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The whole of the world...
    Czech alphabet isn't cyrillic. Moreover, i see letters х and й but no letter у - so it's not a message from ex-USSR

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Czech alphabet isn't cyrillic. Moreover, i see letters х and й but no letter у - so it's not a message from ex-USSR
    I'm a complete ignorant in the subject. Google translate wasn't detecting the language automatically, so I started selecting random eastern european languages and czech worked and gave me what seemed like a proper translation.
    Last edited by tremolo; 06-24-2017 at 04:56 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If we can speculate... I see that twitter accounts... and this tweet:

NOTNTOHTETAHCETUAACLTUEAVLENETVSENTS

If we take the successive letters that form the CD's name:

NOTNTOHTETAHCETUAACLTUEAVLENETVSENTS

Now, if we take the rest of letters:

NTO TAHCE TUEAVL ENTS

We can order and shape and we take:

NOT CHEAT VALUTE TENS.

??? No sense...

I am not a good mason. I just needed a study break.

EDIT: Looks like valute doesn't mean nothing. I got confused.

EDIT 2: Try to translate "cиhrاoопafمnheعhйنрхщедя" in ARMENIAN: "The cripple is a mournful man". This is too much fun.
    Last edited by Trento; 06-24-2017 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Guys...Just STOP.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Guys...Just STOP.
    Why? This is how all the YZ ARG stuff was cracked...