Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Jinsai

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My old ears still work sometimes! If there's an internal struggle to upload things, you can always do a "work in progress" type thing. From just the ideas to the ideal final product. Just don't go overboard like Floyd and The Wall, haha. Look at disc 5 and 6, and I've listened to em to see the WIP.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/...track-listing/

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    EDIT: Decided that some of the catharsis going on in these in-progress lyrics might be completely misunderstood, so I'm shelving this for a minute
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-30-2022 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    *ears perk up*

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm excited about it and trying to keep working on it... the album is either gonna be called "Incineration Only" or "Resurrection Machine"
    I've decided it's gonna probably be both... like one side of the record will be Incineration Only and the other side will be Resurrection Machine
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-05-2022 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Which genre is this sucker tackling? Comparable to past projects?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    it's way heavier and more pissed off I think. It's still so early in production, but... I'm very happy with the "Like Winona Ryder" song, which is like a noisy ballad

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If ya need any feedback throughout, I know a guy. Haha.

Are you going under Siren Section for this one? The band is still kicking?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    will probably be under Siren Section.... I've also been working on some electronic stuff without vocals that I picked the name War Stores for it, trying to put together this album called Nightmare Logic. It's been difficult to keep focused lately, but the lyrical stuff will be Siren Section I think.... and I personally like the idea of giving an album two names, especially using the "/" like "Incineration Only / Resurrection Machine" I like the concept of keeping the slash involved

EDIT: we'll call it Separation Team / Resurrection Machine
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-09-2022 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I just watched this video we made years ago. my friend William Orrendorf (who I'm about to go on Japan trip time with) put 90% of it together, and I think it's kinda rad

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    and just to be clear, those are just lyrics, and I guess I have been making some suuuuuuper pissed off music music lately. I've been going through some bullshit and venting this way, and the album is sounding intense. I Hope You Fuckers Die is a pretty intense track, and I can't wait to show it off

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Consider this your "Not the Actual Events." It's amazing how cathartic music can be.

I have a friend who is always looking for new tunes, so I sent him the discography. He was really digging Three and a Half Seasons. There's been a few now who dig that sucker lately.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    that's really cool. I'm strangely ashamed of three and a half. I made it when I was going through a crazy intensely hard time, and I really went insane on there. I do still like some songs on it. I still like Culling a lot, but I felt we got much better later, but it's weird to say, I love the lyric there "listen close you'll hear me screaming in my coma"

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    and why not, this was from a live show we played before we opened up before a magician, and the audience wouldn't shut the fuck up until we cranked it and went a little nuts

the magician appreciated it and complimented us

you got some time before you follow through
    and then you know what you're supposed to do
    and why you have to choose between
    the son of god
    and a human being
    it makes you laugh
    and you don't know why
    it makes you laugh
    and I don't know why

I get reduced to this
    You'll get used to it

Cause we've got time
    we've got time
    Before all your hopes get run down by your progress
    all your dreams get killed off by persistence

we got time before you follow through
    we've got time

Cause I'm with you alone
    alone

I'll make this up to you
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-26-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Dat coda tho. Works great into "Grace in Your Step."

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Dat coda tho. Works great into "Grace in Your Step."
    Thank you, I'm raiding hard drives right now looking for old videos of our live shows, and I am pretty sure we have one of grace in your step

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Always, my man! Persistence is a track that makes me think about my best friend passing away from cancer last year.

Before all your hopes get run down by your progress
    all your dreams get killed off by persistence

Makes me think about her every time. I know that sounds weird, but tis true.

I think there was a "Slow Motion" on YouTube as well?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    this is funny, I haven't listened to 3 and a half in years, and it is not anywhere near as bad as I remember. Tomorrow I'm gonna upload it and Parallel Policy to Spotify... I mean there's some obvious flaws, and the production could have been better, but it kinda kicks ass

And @poinoup , that is terribly sad, and I guess we write some sad music, but I am glad it has given you some comfort. Sad music is cathartic for me. This new album I'm putting together though... it doesn't have too many ballads like that on it. It is PISSED, lol. But I truly appreciate that my music is appreciated by you, and I'll be uploading some new stuff really soon.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-27-2022 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    but yeah, found it, this is Slow Motion, which might be on the next album... and the video my poor dog Charlie... he did not die well, but he did the best he could, and we ended it when we needed to

It's honestly a kinda hard watch for me... I really miss that guy, and I had to take him to the vet every day to make sure his heart valve wasn't filling up with fluid, and if it was they had to drain it, and then when it just got too regular and obviously wasn't going to get better, I played with him until he was exhausted and we put him down. It totally sucked. But leading up to that point, we developed this kinda intense special bond. God that sucked. Like at first he was terrified when I took him to the vet, and I had to play him Beethoven to calm him down, but after a while he realized this needed to be a routine. He was freaking out, and started wanting to crawl in bed with me... putting him down was one of the saddest experiences of my life. He was only seven years old.

So yeah, in a weird way, this video is sort of a eulogy for one of the best doggies ever, and at the end he really did his best.

Rest in power Charlie
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-27-2022 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    *Bad joke incoming*

Pro-tip: Just don't start headbanging to it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It's your thread, so you can post as much as you want, eh? Now you need to work every song title from BOTT into your lyrics.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    so, apparently in my sleep last night, I started thrashing around screaming "make the machines leave me alone, make the machines let me go, make the machines go, make them go, make the machines go away"

And I have no idea what the hell that was about, but I guess I'll put that into the lyrics

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Well, I'm just gonna clean up for a bit. 90% of these lyrics are changing, a bunch of them are thrown out completely. I thought it would be an interesting concept to just post lyrics in process and edit them as they were worked out, but instead it just makes it feel confused, now that I'm trying to program some of the music... usually I do the music first and then the lyrics later, or simultaneously. Never really done lyrics first, and wondering if that's an approach that's gonna work for me.

Or maybe I feel like it makes it seem "finalized" in some weird way, and everything is so in flux. I might not even have lyrics, or I might sing them through a vocoder. I have no idea.

EDIT EDIT: first day of guitar tracking went well. Weird to get back into the swing of recording. Carry Through is sounding huge.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Sketched up demos of everything. The only songs that are sounding good are Bullet Train, Tritagonist, Carry Through, and Like Wynona Ryder. The rest of this is complete bullshit. Back to the drawing board.... or maybe I'll just make something really short.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-15-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    BULLET TRAIN:

I blew my brains out on a bullet train
    Every day I feel the same
    I saw you smile from the bullet train
    I saw you waving from the bullet train
    Every day I feel more the same
    I blew my brains out
    I feel the same
    More
    Same
    More
    Same
    I blew my brains out on a bullet train
    I love you more than I did
    yesterday
    You blew a kiss on the bullet train
    I blew my brains out
    I feel the same

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    gave a sub for us old guys.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I came over this promo we made for our last album, and I'm having a good time watching it and thinking hey, that was kinda cool

https://twitter.com/Jinsai_band/stat...28751011381248

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Spoooooooky music I made for a movie

https://soundcloud.com/sirensection/unicorn-head-advice

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    this is really kinda touching. I was looking to see if I'd uploaded this song, and I hadn't but it was used in this horror movie. Someone went out of their way and ripped it and uploaded it, and I don't even have a digital online version to link anyone to.

The song was about this cat that kept raiding our studio when we practiced, kinda. I named her Cashmere. Her home was always at my place.

Thank you to the person who went out of their way to upload this