Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Royal Blood

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Royal Blood

With nearly 3 years since their debut album Royal Blood (25 August 2014), the powerhouse duo return with How Did We Get So Dark? (16 June 2017)
    Royal Blood consists of lead vocalist and bass guitarist Mike Kerr, born on 19 June 1989, and drummer Ben Thatcher, born on 12 February 1988.
    Formed in Brighton, United Kingdom in January 2013

the debut album and ep's and singles feature some cool artwork too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Blood_(band)

here are the guy's promo videos..

from Royal Blood - Royal Blood (25 August 2014)

Out of the Black (22 November 2013)

Little Monster (10 February 2014)

Come On Over (21 April 2014)

Figure it Out (18 August 2014)

Ten Tonne Skeleton (9 October 2014)

from Royal Blood - How Did We Get So Dark? (16 June 2017)

Lights Out (13 April 2017)

Hook, Line & Sinker (16 May 2017)

I Only Lie When I Love You (7 June 2017)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    sorry for all the videos, but i totally adore these guy's and just wanted to showcase their style!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    saw them an Panorama last year and came away impressed. I thought they would be more butt rock/bro-ish, and they were not. Just good hard rocking stuff. Good band.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    yeah i was surprised, how much power the two can produce, sadly not had the pleasure of seeing them live yet, but they are supposed to be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New song, Typhoons. An album by the same name coming April 30th.

I like the new one. More so than Troubles Coming. I’m hoping they still bring the heavy breakdowns and rock vibe. These two songs lean heavier on the pop side.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Fuckin' LOVE Royal Blood. A friend of mine "dragged" me to a concert of theirs a few years ago (2017 I believe) and I hadn't heard a single track of theirs...I left that show a fan and they have *so much* energy! I ended up seeing them again at the first CalJam and really enjoyed their set followed by seeing them open for Queens!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I believe that's a bass guitar that he plays correct? Pretty good sounds come out of that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I believe that's a bass guitar that he plays correct? Pretty good sounds come out of that.
    Yeah, assuming his studio and live setups are the same, all from bass guitar.

I'm looking forward to the new album. I really enjoyed their opening set for QOTSA.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    A former co-worker of mine told me how amazing they were back in 2017 and I wound up seeing them open for QotSA, too. I had wanted to get there early enough to watch their whole set, but the friends I went to the show with didn't really care about seeing them, so I only caught the second half of their set, but it was still great! The last two songs they played (Figure it Out and Out of the Black) ended up becoming two of my favorites.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I saw them open up for QOTSA too, they had a lot of energy!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Yup, it is. I feel like these guys are a better version of DFA1979

Their set for QotSA was awesome...flew out to Red Rocks to catch them towards the end of the tour and it was the final show being played there for that concert season. "Ten Tonne Skeleton" sounds soooooo good live and the crowd really feeds off of its energy...if you haven't seen this band live yet, YOU NEED TO (whenever that will happen again)
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 01-25-2021 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I liked their debut album a lot, it had an energy I hadn't heard since Rage Against the Machine but the sophomore one missed the mark for me after hearing how good the first one was. So my expectations were notably high and I'm probably due to revisit it again to see if it hits any different, i had only given it a few spins. Never seen the band live however and i would definitely be interested sometime down the road.

Haven't made my mind up with the new single but I certainly want to give their third album a chance.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    ^^ not digging this one. After one listen, it sounds like the song has an identity crisis is the only way I can describe it.
    Last edited by cdm; 04-08-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good description. I feel like that’s where these guys are in general right now. Obviously I haven’t heard the whole album, but it feels, so far, that they’ve moved to this disco-pop-rock sound. Where’s the big sound, the massive drum breakdowns, etc? I hope they are coming.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Boilermaker is finally getting a proper release next week as a single before the album is out. This song fucking rules. I can't wait to hear the studio version.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Yeeeeeah that's the stuff.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Royal Blood

Watch Royal Blood talk us through their new album ‘Typhoons’ track-by-track

https://www.nme.com/news/music/royal...listen-2930575

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm really enjoying this new album and the bonus tracks. Sounds like Joshua Homme did produce the bonus tracks along with Boilermaker. I also believe that "Space" is the first time that Mike Kerr has played a lead guitar. Anyways, this album is great!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’m enjoying the new album. It’s fun. I need to find these bonus tracks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I will say though, that I feel like the drummer got neutered a little bit. Watching him live, he’s a big time powerful drummer that loves his fills. I don’t think this direction allowed him to do his thing.

but it’s still a fun as shit side to this band.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I gave this a proper listen today. Diggin’ it.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I didn’t really dig the album the first couple of times I gave it a shot but it’s starting to grow on me now. I still feel this is their weakest outing yet but it does have a few catchy tracks. Hopefully we get a tour here shortly

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    agreed. Older stuff is better but this is still good, esp. considering the vast wasteland that is mainstream rock at the moment.