Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quake OST Vinyl

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'd lol if It Is Raped turns out to be a correct title.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    If they're issuing Quake on vinyl, I'd imagine Fixed and Further Down The Spiral won't be too far behind..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    If they're issuing Quake on vinyl, I'd imagine Fixed and Further Down The Spiral won't be too far behind..
    Fixed at least had one once (and isn't hard to get), FDTS and Still are top of the list right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would love if FDTS was issued as a special edition that mixed V1 & V2 together. Or as a Downward Spiral Remixes box set with FDTS, March of the Pigs and Closer to God EPs.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    I'd do it like PHM-R, music on three sides. Though the completely blank wax on the last side is a bit bizarre... prime space to etch the Q logo.
    Yeah, I recently bought the Y34Z3R0R3M1X3D vinyl with a blank side six, and it feels kinda weird looking at all that empty space, without so much as an etching. If there's a four-sided LP for Quake, it'll fit perfectly: either two or three tracks per side, each side between 13 and 16 minutes.

I've been saying for years that Live: And All That Could Have Been needs a vinyl release. With actually listenable mastering!
    Last edited by botley; 06-12-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Fixed at least had one once (and isn't hard to get), FDTS and Still are top of the list right now
    I don't think Fixed was ever released on vinyl in the U.S., and fetches top dollar on the open market for a good copy

Still would be amazing as well, but I feel like we'll have to wait awhile for that sort of release..

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I don't think Fixed was ever released on vinyl in the U.S., and fetches top dollar on the open market for a good copy

Still would be amazing as well, but I feel like we'll have to wait awhile for that sort of release..
    i got my copy for $50 WITH a slipmat (thanks to someone here on ETS)

there's one even cheaper on discogs right now but it's not in great shape and it's from japan so i'm not sure how much it would be with shipping https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/100537?ev=rb

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i got my copy for $50 WITH a slipmat (thanks to someone here on ETS)

there's one even cheaper on discogs right now but it's not in great shape and it's from japan so i'm not sure how much it would be with shipping https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/100537?ev=rb
    That's what I'm saying: the one on Discogs is like $50+ with shipping and it's only in "good" quality. I wouldn't buy a Nails release under VG+, and I've seen Fixed go for well over $100 in that condition. It's hard pulling the trigger on something that expensive when it's only five songs and I've been listening to it on CD for more than half my life, at this point. I'd rather just hold out for the reissue, or happen upon a bargain from someone trustworthy the way you did.

I'm confident TR will release Fixed and FDTS on LP once this pre-order fiasco is behind them. If we're getting vinyl releases for esoterica like Prick and Quake, anything is possible..

(Though I still have no hope we'll ever see Tension )

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tension on 3x Blu-ray + 10x LP presentation road case plz

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    I would love if FDTS was issued as a special edition that mixed V1 & V2 together. Or as a Downward Spiral Remixes box set with FDTS, March of the Pigs and Closer to God EPs.
    Totally, although I'd rather FDTS as a double and MOTP+CTG as another double.

Then again, you could probably mix up all the various tracks and make a totally new triple or quadruple LP... hmmm...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Rusty Nails deluxe audiophile remaster

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Though the completely blank wax on the last side is a bit bizarre... prime space to etch the Q logo.
    That is a good idea.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Bump

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    All the cool kids are hanging out over here: https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...4-Quake-(1996)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    FUCK YES I JUST CAME

That's going to be the first release ever of the OST (no, ripping it from the game disc doesn't count) so if you pricks buy it all before I can order one I will kill something
    that's a, uh, odd bit of gate-keeping.