Sorry. That sounded kind of twatty.

Well, I think that the first, and most obvious issue of comparing it with pedophilia is that these types of relationships are between two adults, who are of age, who are *consenting* to this dynamic. Nobody is being taken advantage of.

Not all DD exchanges center around age play, either. I absolutely have a bit of a Daddy thing, but I won't participate in any sort of age play dynamic.

Obviously, relationships can mean vastly different things to different people. When I personally think of a Daddy figure, it is someone who is a bit older, stable, and secure. They have an ability to guide, mentor, teach, and punish. Their goals are to help me grow and become a better person. "Nurturing" is a word that comes up a lot.

I don't think it's fair to state that all subs want this dynamic. I don't think it's fair to say even most desire it. Blanket statements about any group of people are usually wrong. Some folks want just a sadist, some want a Master, some want a Dom, some want a Daddy. There is also a pretty big overlap between the groups.