Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: The Alternative Sexuality thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Other than my partner, I don't have any local gay friends. And frankly, don't really need any. I guess that's what the internet is for lmao.

And it's not that I'm particularly more comfortable around straight guys or anything, just that I'm not in the bar/club scene at all and afaik am the only gay guy at work. I'd consider several co-workers good friends, and yeah some of them may have been privy to getting the (mostly rejected) moves put on at one point or another. Certainly back in the days when I'd go out after work with the guys. I'll point out that homoeroticism is fucking rampant here, maybe it's just a TV industry thing. It's just one of the reasons I really love my job lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Other than my partner, I don't have any local gay friends. And frankly, don't really need any. I guess that's what the internet is for lmao.

And it's not that I'm particularly more comfortable around straight guys or anything, just that I'm not in the bar/club scene at all and afaik am the only gay guy at work. I'd consider several co-workers good friends, and yeah some of them may have been privy to getting the (mostly rejected) moves put on at one point or another. Certainly back in the days when I'd go out after work with the guys. I'll point out that homoeroticism is fucking rampant here, maybe it's just a TV industry thing. It's just one of the reasons I really love my job lol.
    I think the entertainment industry in general is pretty heavy on that; at least that's been my experience throughout my career. There is, sadly, also a not insignificant amount of homophobia, but that seems to be much, much less common and mostly relegated to the "old-timers" who you would sort of expect it from anyway.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I think the entertainment industry in general is pretty heavy on that; at least that's been my experience throughout my career. There is, sadly, also a not insignificant amount of homophobia, but that seems to be much, much less common and mostly relegated to the "old-timers" who you would sort of expect it from anyway.
    I'm fortunate that I haven't had to experience any of that at the station, really. Then again, I just assumed everyone really knew about me and I'm just finding out after working there over 13 years that that's not the case. So I guess it's not as obvious as I thought

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    As an addendum to my previous post, over the course of last winter I developed a relationship with a new submissive. And by new, I mean brand new to it all. I have trained her long-distance and several times up close and personal over the last year. She takes to it amazingly and has done nearly everything I have asked of her. We agreed at the onset that this would be a temporary/FWB-type deal as far as how we went about this, but have grown somewhat closer as friends too. She has helped vanquish a lot of my depression over what was lost, and has opened my eyes to what I could have again. In a few months she is relocating out west, which I am actually happy for her about, for reasons I won't get into here. We are going to see each other 2-3 times in between now and then hopefully, starting on New Year's eve. That is a time I have had lots of mixed feelings about in past years but for the first time I am actually looking forward to it. I told her last night these meetings will be a celebration, and to put behind any sadness we have about what her new move could do to us. I don't know where it goes from there, but it is my hope that it is not the end of us, at least as friends.