Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN store June 2017 reboot (Sandbag)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Once im a while I find myself thinking "
    Hey, didnt I pay hundreds of dollars for NIN vinyl last year with absolutely nothing to show for it"

Today was one of those days

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm pretty sure AATCHB was shot at a quality where DVD is as good as we're ever going to get -- @sheepdean has explained this way better in the past so I might be wrong on it.
    Yeah, they shot that whole thing in miniDV if I remember correctly. I used to dabble in live concert recording on miniDV and let's just say that it has...limitations in terms of video fidelity.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    I believe that Tension tour documentary he uploaded to the internet at the end of 2013 is the closest thing to a Tension live project we will ever see.

But hey, at least we have something from that whole era to show for it, unlike That Project We Can Only Dream Of..

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    What I would like to see:

Status update with an actual shipping date for the last bunch of pre-orders.
    A date for when the next batch will go on sale.
    A Tension DVD / Bluray preorder form
    More Tour dates

What we will get: A New store with no mention of firebrand. No DVD or bluray (Trent is not gonna use Firebrands fuck-assedness to re-do the store and launch a new product. Plus, no one in the "inner Circles" seems to know anything about a pending release (Aside from "This year") so its unlikely that something new is actually ready) No new Vinyl pre-order date, they will wait till this shit storm is finished and announce a preorder date after product is shipped, or perhaps on the day batch 1 ships out.
    And, as much as I'd like to see a full tour schedule, at this point I'm questioning that as well. Pretty much all of the fest schedules have been released at this point I think, aside from some of the fall stuff. But I wouldn't hold your breath on more summer dates, it's too narrow a time frame to build the hype.

That's my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    Yeah, they shot that whole thing in miniDV if I remember correctly. I used to dabble in live concert recording on miniDV and let's just say that it has...limitations in terms of video fidelity.
    Ugh. Fucking miniDV.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    -Official Fist Fuck The Cook apron
    -2 vial set of hope, vaseline
    -Badly damaged, flattened Grammy found at the bottom of a closet
    -$160,000 worth of signed autographed broken Les Paul guitars
    -Very worn Twin Peaks VHS tapes

In all seriousness, I'd be surprised if the preorders for WT-Slip weren't up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm just looking forward to an update on the actual records and any new reissue items that might appear would be a bonus. I would imagine TR wants to get the first round of orders out the door before receiving a second round of complaints.

On a positive note, we DID finally get brand new tunes that are GREAT and previously unreleased Fragile tracks. I'm still loving all of those tunes 5 months later. Sure, the records will be cool to look at, but then they'll go on the shelf and I'll be back to listening to the downloads I already have.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Maybe the real vinyl reissues have been in our hearts all along

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I want EVEN FURTHER DOWN THE SPIRAL, which would put together the US and UK tracklistings along with the remixes of March Of The Pigs, Reptile, and Closer as well as including extra tracks/b-sides from that era: "Burn," "Dead Souls," "Memorabilia," "A Violent Fluid," & "March Of The Fuckheads" all in lovely 24 bit.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I want EVEN FURTHER DOWN THE SPIRAL, which would put together the US and UK tracklistings along with the remixes of March Of The Pigs, Reptile, and Closer as well as including extra tracks/b-sides from that era: "Burn," "Dead Souls," "Memorabilia," "A Violent Fluid," & "March Of The Fuckheads" all in lovely 24 bit.

Dead Souls and Memorabilia could be issues due to licenses but otherwise 100% yes
    And throw in Liar and any other demos he's got

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @sheepdean
    I figured since they were on the 20th anniversay, it may not be a problem. But yeah, could be an issue.
    And yes, I agree on including the demos as well. Just didn't want to push it. :P

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Also fixing the vendor doesnt fix the fact that theyre still brickwalled. :P

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    24-bit WAV purchase of a compilation of all of the remixes and covers. Some Queen, Megadeth, Puff Daddy, KMFDM...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This thread sort of insinuates that Trent's mission statement with the new NIN store was incomplete or something. I don't think it was. In fact, it was to drool over. Why would there be new releases all of a sudden?

It's just a matter of the promised implementation turning to utter shit in the incompetent hands of Firebrand, so I'm assuming the switch to a new vendor is the only thing they're working on.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    This thread sort of insinuates that Trent's mission statement with the new NIN store was incomplete or something. I don't think it was. In fact, it was to drool over. Why would there be new releases all of a sudden?

It's just a matter of the promised implementation turning to utter shit in the incompetent hands of Firebrand, so I'm assuming the switch to a new vendor is the only thing they're working on.
    As much as I agree with you (110%), you know how this forum goes. Imaginations run WILD. Not sure what speculation there even is to have in this situation, but then again, isn't that the nature of speculation? Has to go somewhere!

Edit - (But mostly for lulz tho)
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-27-2017 at 04:16 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post

True, but Reznor did get us all damp mentioning those two NIN projects coming this year and it is almost halfway through this year.
    Unless he's planning on two new NIN albums coming December 2017.
    That minx.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    True, but Reznor did get us all damp mentioning those two NIN projects coming this year and it is almost halfway through this year.
    Unless he's planning on two new NIN albums coming December 2017.
    That minx.
    See: This thread for all projects mentioned to be in the works at one point or another that ended up not being, in fact, delivered. ^^' (This isn't a jab at Trent either, as any number of factors can play a hand in something being delayed or not getting off the ground altogether, SUCH AS DISTRUBUTORS DROPPING THE BALL.) I'm just saying, just because a projected plan is mentioned doesn't mean anything. Get excited when things are announced, not when they're planned to be announced!

And for the record, I'll be the first person to eat my words if both projects get released this year. I'll always want his creative efforts to see the light of day. However, letting your expectations get too high without aaany concrete details sets yourself up for disappointment in a lot of cases.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    This thread was largely tongue-in-cheek, like 90% of the other stuff I tend to post on ETS. I would have thought some of the store options I listed would have been a dead giveaway..

Though I am legit curious to see what the revamped store is going to look like/consist of when it goes live again. There might be some new items for sale or perhaps it will just be the same thing but with a new distributor.

Everything about this man and his music gets dissected on ETS. I was actually surprised nobody else had started a thread about this at the time..

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Couple more days until June.

The anticipation is building..

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Couple more days until June.

The anticipation is building..
    Isnt 1st July the end of Spring? hopefully this stuff will have been delivered by July

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I honestly don't care if the store has anything in it whatsoever. I would just like the vinyl I bought 5 months ago.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Isnt 1st July the end of Spring? hopefully this stuff will have been delivered by July
    June 21st is the first day of summer in North America. They said in December the vinyl pre-orders would ship in spring 2017.

Of course, that timeline may mean fuck-all now in the wake of Firebrand's crashing and burning.

June should be a telling month for things brewing in Camp NIN..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    June 21st is the first day of summer in North America. They said in December the vinyl pre-orders would ship in spring 2017.

Of course, that timeline may mean fuck-all now in the wake of Firebrand's crashing and burning.

June should be a telling month for things brewing in Camp NIN..
    Just give us all an email stating there were delays, ETA is [X], apologies and how to change address details etc for those who need it. Don't care if it comes June 21st or Dec 21st personally but I'd like some communication.

And of course, launch an intimateclub tour in a way of saying sorry that only people who bought the vinyl can go to. I feel that would be fair

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I want EVEN FURTHER DOWN THE SPIRAL,
    "Slightly To The Left Of the Spiral (You Know, Near That Nice Café? The One With The Scones?)"

Bonus tracks: "A Brownish Fluid (macchiato)", "Memorabilia (Hey, Look At This Nice Doily)", "March of the Baristas"

(I seriously don't know what the hell is wrong with me tonight.)

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Just give us all an email stating there were delays, ETA is [X], apologies and how to change address details etc for those who need it. Don't care if it comes June 21st or Dec 21st personally but I'd like some communication.
    Understandable. Like I said in my initial post, I'm thinking there will be some kind of statement on the matter when the new store goes live. Dumping Firebrand was a huge step in the right direction.

And of course, launch an intimateclub tour in a way of saying sorry that only people who bought the vinyl can go to. I feel that would be fair
    Preferably with no special forces teams ruining it halfway through..

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Dunno whether it's been mentioned (had a quick look but didn't see anything) but how do we know the 2 new NIN projects aren't alluding to a tour/festival dates? Wouldn't be surprised if one turns out to be a tour announcement towards the end of the year and perhaps the other is another deviations/remaster rather then new material...maybe, fuck i don't know, maybe it's a NIN themed iPhone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Dunno whether it's been mentioned (had a quick look but didn't see anything) but how do we know the 2 new NIN projects aren't alluding to a tour/festival dates? Wouldn't be surprised if one turns out to be a tour announcement towards the end of the year and perhaps the other is another deviations/remaster rather then new material...maybe, fuck i don't know, maybe it's a NIN themed iPhone
    or Beats headphones designed especially to have the best NIN experience ?
    (I'd buy it)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Dunno whether it's been mentioned (had a quick look but didn't see anything) but how do we know the 2 new NIN projects aren't alluding to a tour/festival dates?
    We know Trent's speech patterns and ways of describing the world of NIN well enough by now to discount this imo. It's more likely new studio or media (ie recordings of live shows) based work.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    or Beats headphones designed especially to have the best NIN experience ?
    (I'd buy it)
    don't know if you're joking but in all seriousness, don't buy ANY beats headphones. they're WAY overpriced and they pump the bass up way too high, which is terrible for your hearing.

also, the story behind them is really fucked up - http://gizmodo.com/5981823/beat-by-d...lost-the-world

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    don't know if you're joking but in all seriousness, don't buy ANY beats headphones. they're WAY overpriced and they pump the bass up way too high, which is terrible for your hearing.

also, the story behind them is really fucked up - http://gizmodo.com/5981823/beat-by-d...lost-the-world
    That's a great read! I was always skeptical of Beats (that and i always went with Sony or Sennheiser for my hi-fi's, Speakers and later Headphones) and that story just affirms it!