Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bod Mods - Piercings, Branding, Scarification

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bod Mods - Piercings, Branding, Scarification

Since there is a tattoo thread, I thought it would be appropriate to have one that covers all of the other fabulous bod mods.

I currently have my septum pierced, my upper lip frenulum (smiley) pierced. Also, my ears are currently gauge 2. I have been meaning to stretch higher, but I keep losing my jewelry (I'm very adamant about cleaning my ears everyday when there is stretching going on, or just in general when jewelry is in).

In the past, I have also had my nostril, lip and nape pierced, as well as various holes in my ears that have since been neglected.

Oh! I've also had a corset piercing done on my back at a play party, using 10 needles (not too bad). Wish I had a clear photo of that. It was a lot of fun!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i've been thinking about getting a plug a lot lately, but i'm too pussy to do that. (not because of the pain, but because of how it might look)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've never seen a corset piercing that's been laced properly. Hope yours was!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I've never seen a corset piercing that's been laced properly. Hope yours was!
    It may or may not have been... It was very spur of the moment, and I don't think we had decent ribbon to use.
    We just used the play piercing needles with caps, and didn't follow through with putting any actual rings in.
    They were removed shortly after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post
    i've been thinking about getting a plug a lot lately, but i'm too pussy to do that. (not because of the pain, but because of how it might look)
    If you're hesitant about stretching, my advice is to not do it.
    I remember my family nagging at me because my ears would never go back to their original size, and I always nagged back, saying they would (I mean, 2 isn't very big!) but yeah, they never did. I think the smallest they shrunk over being empty for 3 years was an 8, and I got back to a 2 within a matter of days with hardly no pain at all.
    Last edited by iamanexit; 12-12-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I keep thinking about getting my eyebrow and / or ears pierced. I mean, I would like it, at work everything would be okay, but the more I think about it I realize I got older and there's no real reason I'd do it. I mean, if I want to shock someone, I'd just shave my head. It would be that easy.

Cheers to everyone who did it at the right time though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i don't even know what you mean with 2 and 8?

i would only do it really small. like, 5 milimeters or something.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Because I think she's amazing! If you ever get a chance to get pierced by Elayne Angel, do it. She's one of the most experienced piercers working today. She is personally credited with the popularity of the tongue piercing, and created lots of others, including a cool female genital piercing called the Triangle (around and behind the nerve bundle of the clitoris). She lives in Mexico now (used to have her studio in New Orleans), but does trips to guest pierce. Seriously, people have been known to travel internationally to see her.

According to her twitter, upcoming trips are:
    Jan. 27-29 at Prix in W. Hollywood.
    Feb. 16-17, 2012 at Virtue and Vice, Atlanta
    and potential trip to Philly from Apr. 12-16

Go here http://piercingbible.com/ to book an appointment (Events) or read more about her (she has a pretty comprehensive book out, too).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've had a lip piercing twice. The first time I actually had problems because of drooling during sleep (sexy). Second time, I had problems finding a job; two days after taking it out I got two job offers. Still have a little dimple from the thing, and may be tempted to get it back once more since I'm working at a place where our clients will have minimum 3 piercings.

the good days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i don't even know what you mean with 2 and 8?

i would only do it really small. like, 5 milimeters or something.
    5mm isn't too big, really.
    If you look at jewelry in terms of gauge...

8 gauge is 3.2mm
    6 gauge is 4.1mm
    4 gauge is 5.1mm
    2 gauge is 6.5mm

(:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamanexit View Post
    If you're hesitant about stretching, my advice is to not do it.
    Agreed. If you want to see if it looks good on you, you can always try those fake plug earrings: http://extreme-body-jewellery.co.uk/fakepiercing.php

My ears are stretched to 00g and I cannot imagine my ears without them. I don't have any desire to go any larger. I did shrink them back down to a 14g, but missed my plugs and I'm allergic to most metals, so traditional earrings are not for me. I love having the option of wearing glass, stone, wood, silicone, etc. I think you really have to like the look of it, because it's really a big commitment. You have to really care for your earlobes the entire time you're stretching and even after they've healed you have to treat them differently than before. But if you love the way they look after, then it's all worth it. If you don't, then it was all just a pain in the ass...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I've had a lip piercing twice. The first time I actually had problems because of drooling during sleep (sexy). Second time, I had problems finding a job; two days after taking it out I got two job offers. Still have a little dimple from the thing, and may be tempted to get it back once more since I'm working at a place where our clients will have minimum 3 piercings.

the good days
    Cute as a button! That piercing looks really good on you!
    My lip ring was in a similar spot, but I wore different jewelry in it off and on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    I keep thinking about getting my eyebrow and / or ears pierced. I mean, I would like it, at work everything would be okay, but the more I think about it I realize I got older and there's no real reason I'd do it. I mean, if I want to shock someone, I'd just shave my head. It would be that easy.

Cheers to everyone who did it at the right time though.
    I guess it depends on your intent.
    I plan on keeping my piercings well into my older years. I don't really do it to shock people, or anything, though. It's kind of a fashion statement, I guess, but it more than anything just feels natural to me. I guess imagining my face without metal stuck in/hanging from it just seems so... blah. I did start fairly early, though; my 18th birthday gift to myself was a lip ring, and years before that I was slowly stretching my ears, and wearing various pieces of jewelry in various other holes in my ears.

If you care about the shock value, I'd definitely do something less painful/expensive. I wouldn't worry about your age, though. I see plenty of older folks with septum rings and eyebrow studs.

Although, I will add: I do get a certain sick pleasure out of watching my family get all queasy over it... I don't do it for an overall shock factor, and don't do it with the intentions of grossing out my grandma, but it definitely is an added bonus. The smiley piercing was a really great one to show off over Thanksgiving.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamanexit View Post
    Cute as a button! That piercing looks really good on you!
    My lip ring was in a similar spot, but I wore different jewelry in it off and on.
    Thanks! I like yours as well. My favorite aspect of body jewelry is adding something asymmetrical to your appearance. Which reminds me I need to get half of my hair chopped off...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Thanks! I like yours as well. My favorite aspect of body jewelry is adding something asymmetrical to your appearance. Which reminds me I need to get half of my hair chopped off...
    I chopped half off, once!
    I like your style, lady.

I eventually pierced the opposite nostril and it felt oddly balanced.
    Also, both of my face piercings are currently in the center and it feels a little odd. Maybe I should re-pierce my lip...
    I kind of hate the healing process of anything happening inside my mouth, though. This current one is being a bitch about healing and it's driving me insaaannneee.
    But I do eat a lot of spicey food and drink a lot of booze & beer, so I really do it to myself.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I have 2g water buffalo horn tunnels (wanted solid plugs, but couldn't afford them right away) in my lobes, might go up to a 0g but nothing past that. Been playing with the idea of a libret, which I'll think more seriously aout once I start growing a beard. Too much of a baby for branding or scarification, my tattoo was about all I can handle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Agreed. If you want to see if it looks good on you, you can always try those fake plug earrings: http://extreme-body-jewellery.co.uk/fakepiercing.php

My ears are stretched to 00g and I cannot imagine my ears without them. I don't have any desire to go any larger. I did shrink them back down to a 14g, but missed my plugs and I'm allergic to most metals, so traditional earrings are not for me. I love having the option of wearing glass, stone, wood, silicone, etc. I think you really have to like the look of it, because it's really a big commitment. You have to really care for your earlobes the entire time you're stretching and even after they've healed you have to treat them differently than before. But if you love the way they look after, then it's all worth it. If you don't, then it was all just a pain in the ass...
    thanks for your input

i didn't expect that you guys think it's such a big deal.. i thought i could try it and if i don't like it the ear laps would go back to their original size anyway.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    thanks for your input

i didn't expect that you guys think it's such a big deal.. i thought i could try it and if i don't like it the ear laps would go back to their original size anyway.
    In the end, it's still your body and you're free to do with it as you please. Give it a go.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Had both nipples, lip, helix and two microdermals beneath my left eye; I've since removed them all, but I still have the septum piercing I got about a year and a half ago. Kinda got sick of how asymmetric the labret made me, actually, and it was a lot easier to be taken seriously during job interviews without it. I got the microdermals removed because it was either that or wear a plaster over them the whole time I was at work, which wasn't really an option, and they were starting to get irritated anyway.

Kinda miss the thrill of getting pierced. My current obsession is tattoos, but they're so much more expensive and (no duh) you need to really commit to what you're getting. There aren't many places left to get pierced on my body at this point, although I'm tempted to get microdermals elsewhere. Collarbones, maybe, but I'd be worried about them catching on clothes. Anybody have experience with them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for your input

If you stretch to a smaller gauge, they'll shrink most of the way back, but I doubt they would ever completely shrink back.
    Also, some people have more elasticity in their ears than other, so you just have to wing it.
    (I was going to say "play it by ear"... but yeah, too cheesy.)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not much into this kind of stuff, only thing I'd ever get is a tattoo or two (I will sometime soon). I don't mind these types of things, I just know they wouldn't look good on me.

If I ever were to get something done, it'd be a labret.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think labrets are fine piercings, but never saw them as the thing for me. I had a tiny labret ring in my lip piercing (off to the side) for a bit, but even then, something shiny on the end of a post sicking out of your face is kinda silly, and I found it annoying going between posts that were too long, or too short, and none that were just right.

I think my favorite lip piercing is the one that goes through the actual lip, in the center. Ladies with luscious lips look amazing with these.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not the best picture, but I got new microdermals on Thursday.

I'd had two below my left eye for about a year up until October, when I had to take them out for work. It was really only a matter of time before I replaced them with something else.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I quite miss my lip piercing...but at the same time, I used to play with it too damn much and it was "time" I suppose.
    I DO have my nipples pierced (for the second time....don't ask me how i handled it!) and they are still healing after, mmm...I suppose it's been three or so months? I adore them! The first time I had them done they weren't healing properly and after a year, one started migrating and that's when I took it out. I was not going to let my nipples get all fucked up! Anyways, I really enjoy the increased sensitivity the piercings give me...without them it wasn't much fun for me when my then-boyfriend would play around with the nipples, heh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got a new nose ring the other day.

It was totally impulsive and I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it now, though the idea of being able to replace it with a flesh coloured one is comforting.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Had my ear pierced for a while when i was younger but when i cut my hair off it didn't look right anymore. I've been curious to maybe get some other piercings but just never have. Seeing those fake plugs though have me intrigued to maybe try one out and see how it looks as i think those look pretty cool and it seems they can fit with different styles as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    @isak - It's cute! I like.

I've only had my ears pierced - helix and lobes - and my belly button, which I took out because it got infected and then it closed up. I really want to get more, but I'm very wary of doing anything on my face (I think they would probably upset my parents more than my tattoos). I would love a lip ring though, and might re-do the belly when I get a bit skinnier. Maybe I should get my tongue pierced. This thread has sent me into a spiral of wanting more piercings now!
    Last edited by sukey; 01-30-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm totally unpunctured, mainly because I can't decide exactly what it is I want. But I love the art and look of pretty much all body modifications

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My ears have been 00g for some time. I've always gauged up slowly because I've seen some horrid looking lobes from people just concerned about getting bigger and bigger as fast as they could... and well, they went too fast! The entire time before I was at 00g, I figured that's where I'd stop, but as soon as I was there, I wanted to go bigger. So I've taken a long time considering it and I've decided that I will go bigger. I'll most likely stop under 3/4".
    I had both nipples pierced for several years. No interest in having them again.
    I have a PA with the original 10g captive bead ring. I'll probably stretch to an 8g. What an awesome piercing experience! Since then, I've been considering getting three dydoe piercings.
    I would love to have a septum piercing, but I think it wouldn't have the right look with my face :/ Who know's, I might do it anyway.
    Lately, I've been considering getting spider bites with CBRs.
    I love the look of piercings and body mods, specially on women!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I have my eyebrow and both of my nipples pierced. I got these done over a decade ago (oh my, the eyebrow in high school, holy crap I'm old)...

Most recently I played with the idea of getting my junk pierced, and I even talked to a local piercer about prices and shit, but my wife didn't want me to do it. She said don't fix it if it's not broken, and let's be honest, if she's not into it, than why the hell would I get it anyway?