Thread: The Media, Fake News, Fox, CNN, MSNBC and any other media outlets, Trust No One

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone that bitches about "Fake News" doesn't understand real journalism or the irony in the fact that they actually support it via Fox, Breit, Blaze etc. Real news outlets and journalists are quick to post retractions or admit a mistake if they are wrong. You don't see that from the places the "Fake News" shouters support.....they'll ignore facts, believe bullshit, regurgitate it, and then scream "FAKE" at anything that challenges their manipulated world view.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajoobatron View Post
    Anyone that bitches about "Fake News" doesn't understand real journalism or the irony in the fact that they actually support it via Fox, Breit, Blaze etc. Real news outlets and journalists are quick to post retractions or admit a mistake if they are wrong. You don't see that from the places the "Fake News" shouters support.....they'll ignore facts, believe bullshit, regurgitate it, and then scream "FAKE" at anything that challenges their manipulated world view.
    The problem here is... Fake News WAS a huge fucking issue in this last election! Trump just accuses everything that makes him look bad of being guilty of what he actually is guilty of.

For instance, Pizzagate was fake news, Info Wars is fake news. Fake News is a real thing. Fox and Breitbart are fake news. Trump has worn down the focus on what is REALLY Fake News by accusing every legitimate media outlet of being guilty of it, and then he turns around and fellates Alex Jones.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The problem here is... Fake News WAS a huge fucking issue in this last election! Trump just accuses everything that makes him look bad of being guilty of what he actually is guilty of.

For instance, Pizzagate was fake news, Info Wars is fake news. Fake News is a real thing. Fox and Breitbart are fake news. Trump has worn down the focus on what is REALLY Fake News by accusing every legitimate media outlet of being guilty of it, and then he turns around and fellates Alex Jones.
    i feel like there is a lot of discussion to be had here. so here i go:

A whole lot of this is true.
    But can we really call Fox "FAKE news?" i mean, is it "faker" than far left "news shows?" Some shows on like MSNBC report the news from an absurdly slanted angle too. Is it better just because it's slanted in a direction that makes us comfortable?
    Remember that i'm a hardcore left wing pinko commie liberal. i'm just playing the devil's advocate here.
    That being said however, personally, ANY blatant slant makes me sort of uncomfortable.

Also, i swear to fucking god, every time i hear donald trump say "fake news" and do that thing with his lips and his face, i want to fucking kill myself.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i feel like there is a lot of discussion to be had here. so here i go:

A whole lot of this is true.
    But can we really call Fox "FAKE news?" i mean, is it "faker" than far left "news shows?"
    Fox News is not a legitimate source of news, just like how Huffington Post isn't, even if I'm skewed to agree with their take. Fox News is bullshit spin. Just like Huffington Post, just like Buzzfeed, just like Occupy Democrats. Regardless of whether I agree with them or not, they're not a legitimate news source.

CNN is. The Washington Post is. Even if I veer away from the slant in many of their opinion pieces and think it's unsettling that Rupert Murdoch bought them, the WSJ is still a resource that I would call legitimate news. The New York Times is legitimate news.

Fox is a counter foil to Huffington Post, masquerading as something similarly credible to The New York Times. And they aren't. They're Breitbart-lite. I like Rachel Maddow but she isn't an objective news anchor. I think Kieth Olbermann is an insufferable pretentious asshole, even when I agree with him, and he's definitely not a "legitimate unbiased news outlet."

Trump's "FAKE NEWS!!!" shit is reminiscent of Nazi "lieben presse" spin. His supporters actually do not understand the distinction between sensationalist spin and empirically backed objective coverage. Yes, mainstream legit news outlets are making Trump look bad right now... because he's fucking bad.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-21-2017 at 08:12 PM.