Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: The Media, Fake News, Fox, CNN, MSNBC and any other media outlets, Trust No One

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Love that he questions his feelings about what he was seeing, but doesn't seem to realize (or care) that he and the people he props up are partially responsible for it.
    I think that's the reason he was fired, he started to think about what he was doing for a second.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Elon Musk just restored Alex Jones' Twitter account. Lame.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Twitter has completely flushed itself down the sewer since Musk took over, happily splashing in the turds and proclaiming "this is great, everything here tastes amazing and smells wonderful". I only venture in there now if I absolutely cannot avoid doing so, and am able to prepare myself mentally for the most grotesque parade of 8chan-esque racist bile and anti-intellectual vituperation. It has, in a very real sense, moved the Overton window of the entire Internet several notches down the tubes towards "regressive hellscape".

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Twitter's value has fallen 71% since that racist egomaniac took it over.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Twitter has basically turned into Parler

I just stumbled on an ignorant tweet, and the thread was full of racist bullshit. Not even dog whistles or veiled racism; just full on white supremacy, links to rants from that Fuentes guy… I don’t remember Twitter being like this. I feel like I just walked into a Klan rally

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I deleted the app off my phone about 3 weeks ago and don’t really miss it. It’s become a nazi hotbed with alt reich ads.

I still keep up with FB, Instagram and BlueSky.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    … I don’t remember Twitter being like this. I feel like I just walked into a Klan rally
    I deleted last year so can't accurately speak to what it's like now but you're right...it used to be flawed but decent and useful. Now it seems flawed, willfully hateful, and literally fascist. I enjoy bluesky as it has a lot of my favorite follows that abandoned Twitter before i did but it's also pretty slow at times and doesn't feel immediate the way Twitter did. Some might argue the immediacy was a flaw, and in certain cases I'd agree, but for a lot of things it worked...like sports or events. I digress...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'd say the immediacy of Twitter was its most useful utility back when it actually functioned. It could break news, give updates on situations... Now, my Twitter feed (sorry, it's Twitter, not X...) is almost ALL right wing stuff... and not just normal conservative people, like fuckers with names like "SteveLovesAmmo" talking about The Great Replacement or some shit. I've had to block Marjorie Taylor Greene, Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz (sorry, don't care what these assholes have to say)...

Elon Musk is 100% putting his thumb on the scale

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I’ve been taking note of open white supremacist groups on Twitter. They’re open about it. It’s like Stormfront all over the place. Individual members will post random things about “the great replacement” or share a Fuentes video clip and get 20k likes. Some straight up nazi shit.

And what do I do with it? Elon Musk doesn’t care. He openly doesn’t care, and openly refuses to do anything about it because it’s “free speech.” Maybe I should send in a compilation of user data to Newsweek or something. There’s some crazy shit people are saying out loud. Like way beyond calling for a civil war in some vague way

I’m hesitant to provide links.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's easy for me as someone who never liked Twitter to begin with but I just don't go on there at all, and I won't click links that I see are from Twitter.

Although it's not like Facebook is that much better. Facebook is *constantly* suggesting me alt right bullshit. Sexist, transphobic, homophobic bigotry *constantly* and I've tried all of the different features to say "I don't want to see this" "I want to see less content like this." And still with the far right shit. After years of posting exclusively far left stuff on my personal page. Never serves me almost any leftwing content whatsoever. I blocked Ben Shapiro and it unblocked Ben Shapiro and served it to me again. It's gotten really crazy. And I get what it's doing is it's just trying to get me to fucking argue with people to drum up interaction. Even the ads I get for Threads are always super inflammatory posts like "Hey join threads look at all of the assholes you could fight with on there."
    Facebooks also got serious moderation problems. A friend of mine had her page stolen and couldn't get it back or shut down despite months of her and her friends trying and the scams from the page being extremely obvious. A ton of the stuff I'm served are just ai images of Jesus with thousands of bots underneath just commenting "amen". Yesterday I was served some 9/11 truther crap.

I've been trying to move more towards Instagram, which, owned by the same company, I know, but my algorithm is less fucked over there or something because I've gotten it to only show me pictures of hummingbirds. Really, I miss the days when you didn't see anything from pages you didn't personally follow, what the fuck happened to that? Can we get a new Zuckerberg to make a new social media that goes back to that?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    It’s increased on FB lately. It’s nowhere NEAR what it’s like on Twitter, which has turned into an alt right echo chamber overflowing with racism, anti-vax hysteria, transphobia, homophobia, misogyny

On Facebook, it’s been coming in via sponsored content… like, that Ben Shapiro rap song was advertised to my feed. Twitter always sucked, but it’s becoming something really fucked up lately, and I think a lot of people aren’t noticing because people drifted off. It’s still important that it’s happening though, considering this is one of the biggest social media platforms.

And Elon Musk just tweeted something about how “intelligent people can see that the far left wants to see the end of America” or some bullshit.

I don’t think most people are noticing how bad Twitter (or X I guess) is becoming since Musk’s acquisition, but especially very recently.

I haven’t spent enough time on Instagram, but it seems harmless (especially by comparison).

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I've been off Facebook for at least 5 years...never missed it at all. It go to the point where I muted so much shit and so many people that deleting my account was so easy. My Twitter exit is much more recent, last year, and I miss what it used to be not what it is now, so it was easier than I expected. I don't see much hateful shit on IG...not saying it's not there because it probably is, but I'm not seeing it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    X loses court lawsuit against hate speech watchdog group

At least somebody is doing something about it