Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Walled Off Hotel (2017)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    wait, does it mean that the output file you get when exporting a video still maintains all the metadata in the audio channel? I didn't know that... So what happens if there are two audio tracks in the same timeline/export?
    Sorry for being a bit off topic. Nice find!
    Mmhh ? encapsulation kinda works like zip, obvioulsy why would it remove metadata when it can add even more ?
    I don't get your dual audio question, sorry.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    @ninjaw @Jon

I have no idea why but I always thought that, when exporting a video, premiere/FC/avid/etc would do a video+audio mixdown and the exported result would be two flattened video+audio files held together in a container/codec - hence my question about losing the metadata. I did not know that in fact the audio track and metadata would be still intact. Sorry for the dumb question.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    @ninjaw @Jon

I have no idea why but I always thought that, when exporting a video, premiere/FC/avid/etc would do a video+audio mixdown and the exported result would be two flattened video+audio files held together in a container/codec - hence my question about losing the metadata. I did not know that in fact the audio track and metadata would be still intact. Sorry for the dumb question.
    Oh you're right: youtube are encoding, but yes they choose to keep some metadata

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is there any new regarding this at all? I wouldn't really expect someone to have audio of this, but there is no word on what songs were performed? Is this still going on now? I can't seem to find any info on this other than the official page stating that they are "performing" every night at 8:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The hotel will be opened till the end of this year, so I guess we will get the music then

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hate to bump this old thread, but did any info about this ever find it's way around? What songs were played, how much material, etc.? The one track they released was one of my favorite instrumentals of theirs in a while.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The Walled Off Hotel soundtrack to be released on vinyl, according to the ninlive website!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    What a place to drop that news, lol. It's in the show notes for Atlanta night 1, 9/26, if anyone wants to see the source. I'm very interested in hearing what the other compositions were, and also if this will actually ever come out or if it's going to go the way of the other Definitive Editions and Patriots Day.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    The Walled Off Hotel soundtrack to be released on vinyl, according to the ninlive website!
    I was gonna say WHHHAATT and then yes, ninlive met all the band recently and they said that source : http://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20180926.html

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    This is correct. I only asked TR 3 questions and that was one of them. To quote both Atticus and Trent they said, "It's some of our strongest work and we are both very proud of it. We are hoping to release it on vinyl and in the works with it."

I loved the one track snippet on the website, hence why I asked that to them. I didn't want to ask a question that 1,000,000 people before me asked.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Really smart question considering we got info that no one was expecting. I'm looking forward to whenever this next wave of records drops (though my wallet certainly won't be).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    This is correct. I only asked TR 3 questions and that was one of them. To quote both Atticus and Trent they said, "It's some of our strongest work and we are both very proud of it. We are hoping to release it on vinyl and in the works with it."

I loved the one track snippet on the website, hence why I asked that to them. I didn't want to ask a question that 1,000,000 people before me asked.
    But we couldv'e FINALLY found out who Annie is! FUCK.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    But we couldv'e FINALLY found out who Annie is! FUCK.
    I know this is a joke, but if you really don't know who she is, her name is Andrea Mulrain, she used to work for Atlantic Records, and she's given several interviews about it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I know this is a joke, but if you really don't know who she is, her name is Andrea Mulrain, she used to work for Atlantic Records, and she's given several interviews about it.
    Yes, totally a joke. Couldn't decide whether to take the "Who's Annie?" or the "When's Tapeworm coming out?" route as far as stupid-questions-to-ask-Trent.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Yes, totally a joke. Couldn't decide whether to take the "Who's Annie?" or the "When's Tapeworm coming out?" route as far as stupid-questions-to-ask-Trent.
    i think you mean...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Trent was asked and he confirmed they are eventually releasing it on vinyl. Just don’t hold your breath!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damage View Post
    Trent was asked and he confirmed they are eventually releasing it on vinyl. Just don’t hold your breath!
    That is what the nine posts preceding yours are talking about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay, so I know I'm late to the party, but can someone please explain to me how "Green Lines" is at all related to "In Motion"? Like, I get that we saw that in the metadata, but at least to my ears, the two tracks sound nothing alike. What am I missing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i wish this didn’t get shelved

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    i wish this didn’t get shelved
    Was it shelved? I thought it was just in the same boat as Quake, etc. This is one of the releases I am most excited to see released to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well i hope thats the case!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I'm still holding on. At some point, it will.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Crazy to think it's been three years already, and most people just forgot about this. Green Lines is ageless. I want the whole thing, damnit..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can certainly say I didn't forget about this. I would love to hear it. Though after all this time, I'd assumed it was not getting a release of any sort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ghosts vii: walled off hotel would be cool lol

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    ghosts vii: walled off hotel would be cool lol
    They should have paired it with Ghosts VI and just called the whole thing The Woman In the Walled Off Hotel..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    They should have paired it with Ghosts VI and just called the whole thing The Woman In the Walled Off Hotel..
    Damn.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Was listening to this the other day and came about the file I grabbed off the site back then. Did anyone else get this metadata in the green lines file?

Probably my most sought after TR/AR "release" that is out there, for me.

walled off.png

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Was listening to this the other day and came about the file I grabbed off the site back then. Did anyone else get this metadata in the green lines file?

Probably my most sought after TR/AR "release" that is out there, for me.

walled off.png
    Track 8 of 11, huh... interesting!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Did anyone else get this metadata in the green lines file?
    Yep, my file also has that tagging.