Thread: Star Wars: Episodes I-VI (prequels and original trilogy) Randazzo: Ep. 1 is good now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It's not the CGI at all. It's what the CGI serves: large swathes of nothing. Long stretches of empty, low stakes action. At the end, when Anakin and Obi Wan face off, all the lava and gymnastics and bullshit suck all the emotion out of it.
    One thing that stuck out for me during my rewatch of Ep III during the final lightsaber duel is how often they're literally toe to toe just spinning their shit without even trying to attack. Sure it's flashy and that was the point, but if you go to like 1:20 of this video you'll see them legit just stand two feet from each other, I had to actually tell myself 'Fuckssakes, I've made it this far...it's almost over.'

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    One thing that stuck out for me during my rewatch of Ep III during the final lightsaber duel is how often they're literally toe to toe just spinning their shit without even trying to attack. Sure it's flashy and that was the point, but if you go to like 1:20 of this video you'll see them legit just stand two feet from each other, I had to actually tell myself 'Fuckssakes, I've made it this far...it's almost over.'

Jesus lord that was awful. I tried to rewatch the prequels leading up to the release of TFA and I only got about halfway through Episode I before giving up and jumping to IV.