Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    You want me to not mention a trilogy, when we talk about the end of the trilogy? That is an interesting take on the word "obsession".
    I would challenge you to think of something different to say rather than rehashing the same argument over and over again. Also, continuously posting about not liking something and offering baseless behind the scenes speculation about why changes were made to justify your points over and over again is both redundant and unnecessary. Offer something new or wait for the movie to come out.

Also, if anyone else would just like to avoid Volband, please utilize your block button.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    All right, but the trailer-erase the past connection was a new thing for and from me. And by clear mind I meant - ironically enough - not clouded by obsession or fandom. This is our third trilogy now, and you don't have to speculate if you want to compare the lead ups to ep 3, 6 and 9.

It's tough to expect a trilogy's worth of good story to be told in one episode, while also keeping the spectacles. I don't find this opinion controversial at all

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Leave time travel to Star Trek, please!

But maybe with a time travel twist they could explain why the "jub jub" song was erased from the end of ROTJ. Like maybe the guy who wrote it was killed by a stormtrooper before he had a chance to publish it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Star Wars did time travel quite well a few years ago with Rebels - - read the synopsis for episode 72.

I'm wary of subscribing to theories because it's all a guessing game unless, for some reason, Disney decides to show more of their hand. If anything, Rey's villainous turn reminds me of Dark Empire a bit, and that would be kinda neat to see on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    All right, but the trailer-erase the past
    The thing that always makes me laugh about this whenever I see it is that it's a line spoken by the villain who has a Darth Vader obsession. I think a lot of folks missed this point.