Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - Spoilers

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I left enjoying it and really wanting to see a new movie with Rey/Finn/Poe... Overall, it was a good "remake" of RotJ.

But a lot of it is just such knee jerk anti-Episode VIII. Why would Snoke want to kill Rey, if shes important to the master manipulator? totally odd... Woulda been better to have them all face the new Supreme Leader of The First Order, Kylo Ren...

My personal ranking:

ESB > TLJ > RoTJ > RotS > The Mandalorian Pilot (Chapter1-3) > RO > TFA > Solo > ANH > TRoS > TPM > AotC

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    I hope I'm not offending anyone by saying that my least favorite scenes were the ones with Carrie. The CGI/editing job with her footage was fucking terrible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Empire
    New Hope
    Rogue One
    Return of the Jedi
    Rise of Skywalker
    Force Awakens
    Revenge of the Sith
    Solo
    Last Jedi
    Phantom Menace
    Christmas Special
    AOTC

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    the more i sit here and think about it... the more TRoS really upsets me... So Kylo isnt aware his Mom is a fully trained Jedi? if the hate for this is so deep why isn't Snoke dead-set and obsessed to destroy Leia too?

WTF.. i fucking hate that i am not trying to actively dislike the movie, but it just makes me so upset when i think about this... terrible...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    the more i sit here and think about it... the more TRoS really upsets me... So Kylo isnt aware his Mom is a fully trained Jedi? if the hate for this is so deep why isn't Snoke dead-set and obsessed to destroy Leia too?

WTF.. i fucking hate that i am not trying to actively dislike the movie, but it just makes me so upset when i think about this... terrible...
    That's my experience through friends who - despite my hedding calls - went and see it. Many of them thought that it was okay, then I brought up a few nonsense, lazy bullshit from the movie out of the too many, and they were all like "well... yeah, that is stupid". Obviously, for many people, it was just an "I'm bored, let's see what they're playing in the cinema" thing. They probably barely remember or care about the previous two movies. It's like as if I was watching some random Fast and Furious episode. Maybe fans of the series are getting bored with it, but all I'd see is cars, tits and explosions, so I'd be like meh, decent movie I guess.

This trilogy, but especially this last episode is one of the best examples of why fanfics should remain fanfic. Basically every fanfic revolves around some cool or at least interesting idea, without any capacity of actually being able to fully fledge out a story. Having youngsters battle for good and evil, Luke throwing the lightsaber or Palpatine returning are all ideas which scale from moderately interesting to pretty cool. It's just like every creative portion of these movies ended after these sentences, and they thought the rest will just come naturally. In the case of a trilogy, this lazy-ass approach just kept piling on and on and on... TFA could get away a lot of bullshit, because it was a clean state. ROS had to be a really tight movie, instead it just doubled down on a 10 year old's fantasy.

I'm also sick and tired of the same old smartass arguments, like that the OT was not planned out either, Bobba Fett is like Phasma, etc. Apples and oranges. No one even knew there would be a second movie at the time of ANH, and Boba Fett did not appear at every single (if any) promotional interview, talking about how the next movie will really flesh his character out and he is so excited. Also, even if some excuses are sound, how the fuck can you defend a sequel trilogy being dogshit by pointing out that one which was made from a smaller budget 40 years ago had its problems as well? Well duhhh.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Here are my rankings (that noone cares about haha):

ESB
    ROTJ
    ANH
    Rogue One
    Revenge of the Sith
    TFA
    TPM
    RoS
    Solo
    TLJ
    AotC

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Empire
    New Hope
    Rogue One
    Return of the Jedi
    Rise of Skywalker
    Force Awakens
    Revenge of the Sith
    Solo
    Last Jedi
    Phantom Menace
    Christmas Special
    AOTC
    If you're brave enough to put the Holiday Special in there, you should also add in the Ewok Adventure movie and its sequel. Actually, everyone should.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    The Christmas Special at least did Boba Fett more proud than Attack of the Clones...

My ranking:

Empire Strikes Back
    A New Hope
    The Force Awakens
    Return of the Jedi
    Solo
    Rise of Skywalker
    Rogue One
    Last Jedi
    Phantom Menace
    Revenge of the Sith
    Christmas Special
    Ewok Adventure
    Battle of Endor
    Attack of the Clones

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Sounds like a better story than what we got, but I dont think it is still enough to save whatever the fuck this trilogy was.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Some cool things in there, but ultimately not satisfying as well. Would have loved for Luke to haunt Kylo though and Rey fighting the Knights of Ren would have been cool aswell. Heck, although I liked the concept of Phasma when she was first revealed, they should have had the Knights introduced in Force Awakens instead of her.

JJ's Kylo redemption still feels more right than to just have him "extinguished" although I prefer not having Palpatine as a full blown villain. Kylo killing Rey's parents is stupid though and so is a Kylo/Vader fight. Nah, still a messy story outline as a whole.... there is no doubt that this trilogy was nearly impossible to be saved without a cohesive outline to begin with.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    The epissing contest somehow managed to continue.

The treverow script is clearly absolutely better. A proper ending to this trilogy but perhaps not the trilogy of trilogies.

It's one gaping flaw is that it has some other shadowy figure pulling the strings, but at least it doesn't bring palpatine back from the dead. Would have been much happier. JJ is a hack

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    This been posted yet? Shit is hilarious.